• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

dont want to sound negative but whats the point

kphorrox

the pct have wrote again saying no...fair enough i will not stop my letters..ive been told i need to do weight management for 6 months...
well i had a cancellation appointment yesterday and talked to the dietician.
i explained to her what i have tried how i got on etc etc.
her comments at the end were so what do you want me to do for you?????
am i wrong but is it not her job to be advising me on what i need to do.
she is making me another appointment which will not be till end of august which i am very confussed has my six months weight managemnt started from yesterday ???
i feel it was a waste of time and of no help at all i dont want to be negative but how is that meant to help me..
sorry for the rant....
had a great time at the salford hospital last night great to talk to others great to speak to others that are trying to make the decision, pre op and post op just afraid i never met anyone who have fought the pct .this postcode bussiness is just not a fair process.:D:D

Hi there,

There is every point in the world to keep on fighting, you know that but feel defeated right now. You would not have fought this hard if you did not feel there was a point to all this.

Did the dietician give you any kind of diet to follow for the next six months?

Have you been told where and when your weight loss clinic will be?

I think you need to call back to clarify what is happening.

But you will do it, somehow but never give up the fight.:)

Hi Kerry
i asked to do weight management hoping i would get a bypass. (didn't even ask my GP for a bypass at that time as i didn't know that i could have been refered by him)
Done 12 months with weight management clinic under a different PCT (i don't like my local hospital)
All i ever have done there is be weighed have my blood pressure taken and talked about what i'm eating and how i can change then i'm told "see you in 4-6 weeks" A bloody waste of my time and theirs i have stayed at around the same weight
my Dr at WMC keeps saying he will put my name forward for surgery but to date hasn't. He also said in order to get surgery i would have to put on 5 stone to meet the criteria for that PCT :eek:
in the end i found this fab site and went and asked my GP who said no problem i will refer you :rolleyes: (my own PCT is less strict)
and now hoping as i have had all the tests needed and done 12 months WLC my surgery will be approved soon
Just do every thing they ask and more join a slimming club if you can (some PCT's fund these) prove you are trying to lose weight and they may say yes
In fact the hardest part is the waiting and hoping
GOOD LUCK

if your bmi is over 50 and u have other problems due to your weight issues you should meet the NICE guidelines. i didnt even have to speak to anyone my doc just refered me saying i met these guidelines. its worth a try i guess . hope u get there in the end. xx

You have to keep fighting the good fight kphorrox because if you don't no one will. I know things seems pointless atm, everyone goes through this, I know some more then others but ya gotta KEEP ON FIGHTING ;) dont let the b***ards get you down..... PLEASE,PLEASE KEEP FIGHTING.......

All the best - MeJulie xx;)

the pct have wrote again saying no...fair enough i will not stop my letters..ive been told i need to do weight management for 6 months...
she is making me another appointment which will not be till end of august which i am very confussed has my six months weight managemnt started from yesterday ???
i feel it was a waste of time and of no help at all i dont want to be negative but how is that meant to help me..
sorry for the rant....
had a great time at the salford hospital last night great to talk to others great to speak to others that are trying to make the decision, pre op and post op just afraid i never met anyone who have fought the pct .this postcode bussiness is just not a fair process.:D:D

Hi Kerry - why don't you join a slimming club - just for the short term until your weight management sessions are underway - at least you'd have proof that you are doing something. Best of luck, Marion xx

i will keep fighting and doing any thing they ask of me but i just feel that the weight management thing with the dietician was a waste of time didnt talk about food or any thing relevant and im not sure if its her i have to see for six months.
i meet the criteria etc with weight and bmi they just want me to do this.
my doctor backs me 100% and says i meet criteria but its the pct i have to convience.
mejulie i will keep fighting they will give up soon all that time they are spending writing back to me lol.
zetacatty i did 1 year of weight watchers then i swapped onto slimming world which i did for about a year and my next amo is letters from the leaders who run the sessions.....

Hi Hun
I met you and your hubby and yuour very beautiful daughter last night !!

I think I told you last night about one of the midwives I work with who was turned down by her PCT which is a different one to mine, he involved PALS and the PCT then over turned her decision and she has no reached goal after having gastric bypass .

Please try ringing them im sure they will be able to help

Helen
xxxxx

if your bmi is over 50 and u have other problems due to your weight issues you should meet the NICE guidelines.

Hi, my WLC PCT's guide lines are 60 BMI or 50 with comorbidities.
My PCT is NICE guide lines 40 BMI or 35 with comorbidities
Like everyone says the post code lottery is so unfair
just keep trying

wen my gp put me forward for a bypass i was sent first to the weight managment team , i saw a great dietition we had a good chat and she said that i didnt need to see her for the 6 months that she would fast track me straight to the doc at the hospitalbecause i had already been on every diet going. so dont give up im sure you will get there

its a big delay yes but jump thro there required hoops then you will get there in the end x

thanks all i am doing and will do everything they ask of me but i thought this weight management dietician was going to be of some use but she wasnt .
not sure what they are meant to do but nothing was done 6 months of this just seems silly i wont have another appointment for 2 months ??

hi kerry, i know what you mean about the dietician lady she said the same to me and i really didnt know how to answer her without screaming at her. and tbh it doesnt get any better. did she give you an action sheet giving you 'jobs' to do ? mine was to keep a food diary, and a couple of other things that were so relevant that i cant remember what they were!! i dont mean to be so down about the dieticians (and im sure there are fab ones who do help) but i have seen (probably the same woman) and understand where you are coming from. i would have presumed that your 6 months would start from your first visit to her. did she talk through how to eat etc?

but please do carry on fighting the pct keep writing letters and like helen suggested get PALS involved and see if they can suggest anything, what about contacting your local mp?
keep your chin up hun and dont let them beat you xx

hi sian how are you doing ???
the dietician she was well lets say useless...
she did give me an action sheet to do a food diary.
never spoke about food nothing she actually said to me well what do you want me to do for you ???i thought that was there job.
yes got some good advice from helen which she looks great nine days after op and the pals is my next action i tried calling them but they never answered the phone just kept ringing if anyone knows the actual number i need to call give me a shout.
i hope the six months weight managment does start from the first meeting fingers crossed

sorry for the rant....

It sounds like your dietician needs reporting, as she is not doing her job. She should be advising you how to lose weight not having the attitude 'What do you want me to do for you'.

I feel for you, but you can't give up now.

Good luck.

{hugs}

hi, im doing ok thanks kerry, no more weight loss but have lost the 4lbs i put on and am going for a band fill on tuesday, unfortunatly the same day hubby goes to see if he is being made redundant or not :(
anyhow i have found 2 phone numbers for pals in preston 01772 522972 10am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-4pm Monday to Friday and the chorley and south ribble is 01257 247280 open 9am-12.30pm Monday to Friday. fingers crossed you manage to get through to them next week. the dietician is really odd i wanted to shout something i shouldnt when she asked me that!! perhaps snowcrystal is right she does need reporting? she even had a student in the last time i went :rolleyes:. x

im sorry to her about hubby fingers crossed for him.
i will carry on seeing this dietician i just hope it is the 6 month weight management they want me to do and as that is the only reason the pct say no when i finish i hope they say yes i will still fight them my next venture is through pals ill try most things to try and get the pct to reconsider .

Back