• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

do's and dont's???

tracyt84

hiya everyone,its my first fill next week and im wondering if theres any do's and dont's i should follow beforehand xx

Other then no food 4 hour before and no fluid 1 hour before think that's it , you'll be aura l

As with all things, each hospital /provider has their own requirements.

Mine was nothing to 'eat' on the day of the fill - liquids only, nothing to drink for an hour before.

This is paramount!!

Once you have your fill.....sit in the waiting room and sip water for a minimum of 30 minutes to ensure your not too tight. ANY discomfort, salivating or tightness of the chest means you are too tight and go back in and get a small defill immediately (please read my diary about my nightmare fill). Never be too tight, its horrendous and i would rather childbirth anyday than not being able to even sip and keep water down wilst i waited the longest 96 hours for a defill!!!!

each provider is different. it is safer to refer to ur provides guide. all the best.xx

Have you had ur fill yet? If so how did u find it ? When I went I just followed my providers guidelines because they all differ from provider to provider ( no drinking 1hr b4, no food night b4 etc) where as I could drink water right up to my fill , so best follow their advice and you wont go far wrong - Wishing you all the best x

yes i had my fill last week,wasnt too bad at all,turns out there is no rules at my hosp so i was starving that morning coz i didnt know lol xx

Back