• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating before a fill

weeble

Wobbles
Hi All

I am seeing the consultant (or one of his staff) for a check up today and the dietician has requested a fill for me. Now they haven't even confirmed the appointment in writing let alone sent me any instructions.

Do you know if you have to fast before a fill - or go on to liquids. I know I need to do a day of liquids and a day of mushy food afterward.
Thanks

Weeble

I tend to have just liquid and then nothing a few hours before the fill itself. I would rather not eat just in case anything remains in the pouch and therefore effects the way the fill feels when I have it done, ie...makes it feel more full than it actually is with an empty stomach.
Does that make sense? Sorry I am all over the place today!
Also I get nervy before I go to hospital for one so I naturally tighten up artificially as well.. so no food for me before or I might not get a decent fill amount and it's a pain to get to appointments for me.

Thanks Neen. I am most nervous that they wont do it as they usually do fills in the x-ray dept not via the consultants. I have had a couple of bad experiences with a doctor in the x-ray - first time it took him 2 hours to do the fill with an x-ray machine, second time he and another doctor took two hours and couldn't do it - they told me that the band was blocked. Doctor in the clinic did it in ten minutes without and xray.

I remember you had a lot of hassle with it :( Hopefully you'll be OK this time!
I'm really excited for you as you have so wonderfully started afresh! Hope you are feeling proud of yourself because you certainly ought to be x
I only have liquids on the day of the fill and just after. I just eat normally the day before x
Can you not just go direct to the clinic for it? Seems a lot of faffing and time wasting has been done before x

Im not allowed to eat at all on the day of a fill, then liquids after and for 2 more days. 3 days of sloppies then normal food a week after the fill x

Thanks for all the support and advice. I have had an early mushy breakfast - appointment isn't until 3.15 - so won't have any lunch.

Back