• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Emotional want to cry

soni.03

I have started my pre op diet today and my op is on the 14th, today has been really really hard and my diet consists of 4 muller light yougurts and 4 weight watcer soups,
Eatib the mullet lights hassnt been a problm buh the soups have reli madr me feel sick and i feel as if am i doin the right thing
When i got out which i do very often, i wont b able to eat al those wonderful foods and im already cravin mcdonalds which is not gd.
Im 20 and i think m i goin for the right thing :(

awww hun your just having a wobble !! your making big changes and its just your body reacting .... be strong xx

hun u really need to think hard if this is what u want your never be able to eat normal again and as you are only 20 are u ready for that im 30 and its the best thing ive ever done but there is no way i could have done it at 20 its really not a easy thing to do im 8 week post opp and i still have days where i can eat much coz im being sick trying new foods its really hard the opp is great if u are ready for it so think long and hard hun x good luck x

I too really think you need to take careful consideration, no op dies the job for you, I'd you have the op but still make poor food choices you won't get to where you want to be. For thus op to work you need to be focused and able to make the healthy choices needed to bring your weight down.

I thought inwould of been ok with this diet as ive dont lighterlife and found that ok buh i new that wasnt for lifetym.. I no i need this op in order to lose weight becoz i am 23 stone

What op you going to have done? Everything is hard at first you have to get it in your head and then and only then can you make it work for you, you are very young however if I had the chance to do it then I think I would have, I have been so big for so long its been difficult and You need to live life to the full food doesn't have to be all and end all. Food is something basic we need in our lives there was a young girl in having a bypass when i was she was only 18 but it meant such a lot to her to have a "normal life just wanting a normal body" So think long and hard but you can have it if you really want and feel you need it but it is forever and thats a long long time if you are worrying now, but many of us have done that its your call xx

Hi

I'm Anna, just keep remembering the non food reasons why you're doing it. To be healthy and eventually to feel good and look good. When these things happen and they will, you'll stop craving the food that made you big And you will make better choices. Just take one day at a time, life isn't about food it's about living and enjoying your body and making the most of the brilliant thing that is life!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I guess im jus getin onda emotional side today and im havin a bypass so its goin to be hard.. Buh il have to think positive

;)
Hi

I'm Anna, just keep remembering the non food re;)asons why you're doing it. To be healthy and eventually to feel good and look good. When these things happen and they will, you'll stop craving the food that made you big And you will make better choices. Just take one day at a time, life isn't about food it's about living and enjoying your body and making the most of the brilliant thing that is life!

ABSOLUTELY !! :p

i was closer to 25 stone at the start when I was first referred but I was 44 then however if I had to endure my years again in this oversized body with people poking fun and thinking they are better than us then I would have done it much much sooner I have been to my gp and asked for help on several occasions over the years with the offer of little help until 2009. You go and get the life you want, if its support you need then you've got it here, we all get scared, my husband was worse than me he didn;t think i would never be able to eat anything again. Silly lad I can eat most things now but in very smallportions I do try to choose healthy all the time however sometimes we just need a bit of what we fancy as long as we not silly or what would we have done all this for? xx

Ladies please read this next statement and inwardly digest!

''You will eat normally in the future!''

You have only just started and its the hardest few months of your lives(food wise)Trust me you will eat normally and probably better than you ever have.After all Mc Donalds isnt normal food!You will eat fresh meat,fish,veg,salads,fruits,lowfat dairy,low sugar puds,alcohol and so on.Whats not normal about that?
I still have coffee and something to eat at lunchtime with friends but now I have a skinny latte and half a plain scone with Flora and a little jam.I have meals out but make good choices and small portions with a wine to follow.Even take aways are still an occasional treat chow mein and a spoon of rice.Dont think its the end of your world.You are just beginning and at 20/30 years old you have so many great years ahead,safe and easy pregnancies,playing with your kids,careers,travel,clothes and fun!I know which I would rather have opposed to a Mackie D!They are full of sugar and fat for a reason they get you addicted.Hope you stay strong and listen to someone who has been there,bought the fat suit and lost it forever!Maz x

You have only just started and its the hardest few months of your lives(food wise)Trust me you will eat normally and probably better than you ever have.After all Mc Donalds isnt normal food!You will eat fresh meat,fish,veg,salads,fruits,lowfat dairy,low sugar puds,alcohol and so on.Whats not normal about that?
I still have coffee and something to eat at lunchtime with friends but now I have a skinny latte and half a plain scone with Flora and a little jam.I have meals out but make good choices and small portions with a wine to follow.Even take aways are still an occasional treat chow mein and a spoon of rice.Dont think its the end of your world.You are just beginning and at 20/30 years old you have so many great years ahead,safe and easy pregnancies,playing with your kids,careers,travel,clothes and fun!I know which I would rather have opposed to a Mackie D!They are full of sugar and fat for a reason they get you addicted.Hope you stay strong and listen to someone who has been there,bought the fat suit and lost it forever!Maz x
THank you for that its what I wanted to say but couldnt put it as good as that. Good luck Soni you can do it. xx:D

I keep telling myself this too - I'm 48 and currently weigh around 25 1/2 stone. My eating habits are also affected by wherever I am in my monthly cycle, close to my periods I ALWAYS, ALWAYS blow diets as I start craving things I never usually eat - hormones have a lot to answer for and I distinctly remember being a lot worse hormone wise whan I was in my 20's. For me it's also about the thought that I will be spending a long time readjusting my eating habits. I used to eat loads of take-aways but found that once I had finally broken the habit, I didn't actually like the taste of them afterwards - greasy, salty, sweet whatever, they now taste over-processed.
You are a beautiful young woman, you can do this. Just think in a year or so's time, you will still be a beautiful young woman, but with a re-trained mind and body, able to sit back and cringe at what you see others putting in their bodies.

I would say you kinda putting your life on hold for about 3 months!, cause I did find it harder after the op than expected and I dont mean with pain or anything physically. I mean I was wanting all the wrong foods and even cried around 10 days post op for fizzy pop of all things I did have moments where I thought what have I done but now I love my bypass and wouldnt change a thing Ive had a mcds twice and managed half a happy meal and had still fanta, u can have a treat now and again just this op helps you to control your craving and gives you the willpower I never had. Im 32 and really wish I'd had this op done yrs ago. It is hard but does get easier I promise just think skinny you or loadsa mcds??? Good Luck hope everything goes well for you xx

U can do it, be strong. I am 28 and nearly 3 weeks post op but so wish I had done it at ur age u can get though it I found the first 8 days pre op diet hell but after that something clicked and I was fine for the rest of it actually enjoyed it.

Like everyone says the first few months are hard, I so longed for a long meal. Not just a couple of mouthfuls, it does get better just remember that and you will be fine. I now can have a three quarters of a weight watchers size meal and feel full after :) it's the best thing I have ever done and wish I had done it years ago as I have nearly waisted all of my 20's x

I am 3 days post op and finally feel free. I don't want to be chained to fake food. This process has made me know i want to give my body the best.

We will all be allowed treats. But we will love them more because they are treats.

I hope your pre op diet has been easier for you today xxx

I feel much much better then yesterday and i think i felt upsetvyesterday because it was my first day and i felt empty but today was much better and i think i am ready for my op and life to
Change

soni.03 said:
I feel much much better then yesterday and i think i felt upsetvyesterday because it was my first day and i felt empty but today was much better and i think i am ready for my op and life to
Change

Good for you!! The best present you ever give yourself! This time next year, you'll be on top of the world and finally in control.

xx.

Hi soni, this is my second day of pre-op. I too was emotional and grouchy and just generally exhausted by the sudden lack in calories. Its a good thing I won at monopoly as otherwise I'm pretty sure I would not have been worth living with otherwise!

I was around 20ish stone when I was your age. I wish I'd had my bypass sooner. I have the same worries - will I be able to eat the things I like? Will I still enjoy cooking creatively and eating socially or will I ruin other people's night out because I can't eat this or that or the other?

I've wished a hundred times that I could be one of those 5% that lose the weight naturally and keep it off. Unfortunately 30 years of dieting has taught me otherwise and I know that this is my only choice.

We will get through this - just one day at a time.

Back