• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endocrine appointment

Meggie

Hi,
I just found out that I have an appointment at the Endocrine clinic at St Pancras Hospital. Has anyone been there before and what does it involve? Is there a long waiting list?? (I haven't got a date yet!). Is it something I will have to go to before my group meeting at the Whittington???? I hope not as I don't want to hold things up!!!

Hi there

I had my surgery last week at Salford Royal Hospital.

When you are first referred to the hospital you have to see DR New i think he is an endocronologist and they just do lots of blood tests and they performed a 24 hour urine collection as well, they also chatted about the different types of surgery and asked questions about my eating eating habits after this they said i was suitable for WLS and referred me to see Mr Ammori for the consultation.

I think they do this to check that your weight problems are not caused by endocrine or hormanal problems.

hope this helps

Helen
xxxxx

Thanks! I figured it was something like that!! I will give them a call tomorrow. I wish I'd known this a couple of weeks ago but hopefully I'll get a very quick appointment. Fingers crossed!!!

Hello I am under endrinologist and Its for pcos (hormonal problems)

All the best - MeJulie xx

I'm guessing it's normal to see an endocrinolost before something like this though????

Sorry I dont know as I not had wls surgery yet. Mind u its taken 20 years of prodding , poking , tests of all varieties to get me here LOL

Sorry I dont know as I not had wls surgery yet. Mind u its taken 20 years of prodding , poking , tests of all varieties to get me here LOL

But you're here now. Enjoy the ride!! Hahahahahaha!!!

yes i saw them first too last week he was very nice and i didnt wait long for my appiontment only a couple of weeks
so hopefully you ll get on quick i had to phone up for mine
good luck x

hi

I saw them before i was referred to Salford, i had to do a 48 hrs urine test (good job i was not at work!) and blood was taken and we discussed my eating habits so its nothing to worry about.

Ok, stupid question. The 48 hour urine test........do you literally have to collect all of your wee for two days??? Write times on individual bottles or in a huge bucket (ok, guessing not the last bit but.................).

hiya , they give u a gr8 big container,think its about 3/5 litres.

on the first morning u go a wee wee, put this lady like (lol) u go as normal and do not add this to your collection......and then the next time u go and everytime after you collect the urine and bottle it (not for sale , Lol) remember when u collect the first sample ( after the initial morning one, you dont add***) write the time on the bottle. collect for 48 hours , and the last sample should be added to the collection and the time would be exactly 48 hours . (give or take few mins) and you write this time on your container as well (the container was provided by my hospital) any more questions dont hesitate to ask

all the best - MeJulie xx

Hmmmmmmmmm............that might be tricky at work!!! I'll just stack them all up on my desk. Meeting with a parent.............no worries. Just place the paperwork on top or make it into a lovely display to add to the aesthetic beauty of my office!

I too have an appointment to see and Endocronologist at the end of this month. I got PCT approval then this appointment. Like you I was confused but sounds like the first step of our journey. I have PCOS as well but I dont think I was referred because of this it seems to happen to people who dont have it as well. I cant wait to get started and know that surgery is definately going to happen and soon!!

Hi Megg,
when I was at the education session, we got told that once we see the Dr if we needed to we may have to see the endio, or have the sleep apneoa test, there were a number of test that some patients had to go through but not everyone did. I don't know yet but i may have to see one of these other Drs on my travels? but if no problems then I will just get all the usual blood works etc. Kirsten said for some it holds up their waiting time for surgery and other patients go through quicker due to not having to see anyone else.
Hugs xx

Hi,
I just called them to see what the appointment was. The woman said it was for a virtual appointment. Eh!?!?!?!? Apparently it was so someone would remember to pick a hospital for me and send me the other appointment. How strange!! So still on course for the 27th of August (and still hoping for the 30th of July). Does anyone know who I would call to see whether my referral has gone through (my second paper referral so I can get the 30th of July..........all very confusing!!!).

Thanks

Back