• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

!!EXERCISE CHALLANGE!!

phatgirl

Okay so Sat I did not do my walking, my head hurt & my neck hurt (old injury) so I was lazy and went to bed early. I did say I would take off at least 1 day per week, so that was it. Today I did 'Yoga for Dummies' with hubby and I was more flexible than I thought. My balance is for crap tho so...

Hubby has agreed that we will do the Yoga every day for now so that is good. I am going to do water aerobics tomorrow & yoga with hubby before dinner.

phatgirl

Hi everyone. Am I alone here on the exercise challenge?? Anyone else doing anything fun??

Yesterday I did water aerobics in the morning & yoga at night. All I have to say is that I a tired & sore!! We did all 12 of the core yoga poses and some are very tough to do. We plan to do it again tonight but I also will do my WATP video as well.

*Sparkles*

2009 = New me!
Im here and doing it!!
I went back to the gym today, I go to curves which is a 30min circuit based workout. I was knackered but pleased I went. Im going back on friday to get weighed and measured!

phatgirl

That's great Sparkles, wish you well with the gym. I have friends in the states that swear by Curves so enjoy your exercise.

also glad I am not alone on here!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I'm kinda here in a pathetic excuse filled way. Didn't go to the gym yet as had horrid PMT symptoms and really heavy period all weekend. Hoping to go tomorrow as Thursday is one of our normal days to go but will depend what time I get back from Stoke.

phatgirl

As yoga is teaching me (in my best zen voice)

'Intention is important because it prepares the mind for doing'

Your intention to exercise is the first step in doing exercise so well done! Now that darn tricky part, the actual doing...;)

*Sparkles*

2009 = New me!
That's great Sparkles, wish you well with the gym. I have friends in the states that swear by Curves so enjoy your exercise.

also glad I am not alone on here!

It does work...i went in the summer for 6 weeks and lost 6 inches in that time! :p
Im actually looking forward to getting measured tomorrow to find out exactly how many inches ive lost!

phatgirl

Good for you! If it is fun you are more likely to stick with. How is your balloon doing?

grom

Slim for 2009
Hi
I'm dying to start doing some exercise. I took my dog for a walk tonight for the first time since op and it was fab. I'm going to start wearing my pedometer again and do some gentle walking. When I get the all clear I'm going to rejoin the gymn and make sure I do lots of toning exercises and keep up with the dog walking. Ultimately I'd like to start running, learn to ski and start horse riding again - but maybe a little soon for all that just now!!!

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
Just to let you know I am doing it
an hour every weekday at the gym burning 500 - 700 cals and have just starte using the wii for about 40 mins a day too.
Hopefully will help me get into shape for my band.
xx

phatgirl

Hi
I'm dying to start doing some exercise.

That's the spirit but do go easy on yourself, your number one job right now is to heal and get used to your new plumbing. Walking is a great start but listen to your body, you need your fuel to heal.;););)

well just to let you know i havent started working to school yet its been to icy and cold and my 2 year old just wants to play in it not understanding that its ice not snow lol

Well, it has been a mess outside I agree. I always fear ice walks because I am a clumsy girl & fall! Just try and be active, it is the one thing I did not do before my op that I wish I had.:D

Just to let you know I am doing it
an hour every weekday at the gym burning 500 - 700 cals and have just starte using the wii for about 40 mins a day too.
Hopefully will help me get into shape for my band.
xx

WOW that is some dedication. I know I could have never managed it pre-op, heck I am not sure I could do it now. You will have an advantage in your recovery!:p:p:p

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
I've just been for a jog, does that count? :character00115:

Sadly its a bit icy out and the hotel is on the edge of a quite rough looking estate, so i won't be repeating my heroic efforts tomorrow. Luckily, I have found that there is a JJB club 3 minutes up the road (I'm a member of my local JJB so can use any of their clubs) so will go there tomorrow after the course on the way back to the hotel. Would go in the morning but they don't open till 8! :eek:

tendersage

i am looking at exercise bikes ready for when i have healed enough to start doing more. work alone will take a lot out of me to start with

phatgirl

I've just been for a jog, does that count? :character00115:

Sadly its a bit icy out and the hotel is on the edge of a quite rough looking estate, so i won't be repeating my heroic efforts tomorrow. Luckily, I have found that there is a JJB club 3 minutes up the road (I'm a member of my local JJB so can use any of their clubs) so will go there tomorrow after the course on the way back to the hotel. Would go in the morning but they don't open till 8! :eek:

WOMAN!! JOGGING??? Seriously?? You rock!! That is super. Please don't jog in dodgy areas, I don't want to have to worry that someone will snatch you!!

N;)
You get a gold star for effort missy!

phatgirl

i am looking at exercise bikes ready for when i have healed enough to start doing more. work alone will take a lot out of me to start with

That sounds like a good plan T. Just go easy on yourself and build up your exercise a little at a time. You will soon have extra energy and before you know it you will have lots of stamina & have toned up.

N:D

phatgirl

Okay so I have not posted here for a few days. I have had my TOTM and not wanted to even move much less exercise:(.

So Friday I walked 2 miles, Sat nothing, Sunday walked about 1 mile maybe a little less. Today I walked 1 mile this morning, plan on a second mile a bit later and some yoga tonight. My swimming was cancelled today so I will have to wait until next week:(.

*Sparkles*

2009 = New me!
Friday I was at the gym and then today I went again...:)

phatgirl

Good job hun!

grom

Slim for 2009
Started wearing my pedometer again and up to 5877 steps today and still have to take dog out!