• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat Families

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
I stumbled across this show on sky2 this afternoon and it's put me on a right downer. The presenter helped the family lose several stone each over two months which is great. But all through the show he used words like fatties and lardy and just seemed to enjoy insulting them all. I know he was going for the shock tactics but I had to switch off after 15 mins and go have a good cry. It just reminded me of all the times I've had those words shouted at me.
Suppose it worked in one way though. I was meant to go shopping this afternoon for food and other things. After watching the show I couldn't face leaving the house.

I watched the series of this on sky.

The presenter is a bit of a t***er, he used to be overweight himself so I suppose he feels qualified to use those terms.

It was an interesting programme, but it would be great to see if they carried on after the filming ended. x

only just seen this post, i actually like this programme and i do admit when watching it am like "omg no way!! i know im fat but my god how can they eat that" i dont like the presenter but like neen said he is targeting the fat not the person, and i think he reallyu does help with his shock tatics, i wish sum1 did that for me xx

It's easy once your eating habits have changed to say OMG how can they eat that i should imagine.... Being personal friends with the first family that was shown on the programme i know they for one have continued with the regime and are at the gym nearly every day and are mindful of what they eat...

I look forward to seeing the changes in my friends over the next few months..... oh yes and i don't object to the presenter using the words fat! For so long i kidded myself i was not fat and have convinced my children of the same! It's time i learned the label i have and also addressed getting rid of it, which wls will help me do...

I just wanted to say Julie, hope your friends are doing well still, It was really great to see them doing well and succeeding in shifting some weight. Steve Miller actually does care about the people he helps which only really comes out at the end of the show when you can see how proud he is of them for really making an effort. Wish your mates well from me !

Thanks for the well wishes Neen, my friends are doing brilliantly. Tarn is a big girl so its harder to see the weight loss on her but to be honest after 3 weeks i saw the difference in her fitness levels. For the first time in four years she got off the sofa without being given a haul up, her fitness is going from strength to strength. She has asked me to go on hilly walks with her. I'm immensely proud and protective if i think she is being judged... Her husband has lost loads of weight, i could see it when they visited last night, his waist has shrunk so much. But again they are watching fitness not lbs...

She was actually offered wls (again) at her apnoea clinic and turned it down. I really believe she will be a new person this time next year. I dont think she'll be thin but she will be healthy... (ps when i say i don't think she'll be thin, thats because she doesnt want to be thin, she loves her fat self but not when it makes her immobile) xxx

Back