• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2018 Surgeries

slimkim

Oh no @Carolineh I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling good about yourself. Do you think this is the regret stage? Your feeling of being able to eat anything reminds me of a story I read on obesity.com It walked about a lady who had a bypass and had no dietary instructions post op. She basically could tolerate most foods and ate anything and everything. She didn't get good results and ended up having to reset her pouch by following a strict diet.

Did you get dietary advice from the NHS post surgery? What sorts of foods do they recommend you eat right now? Don't think that it's awful that you are not dumping when you try a few low nutrition foods. Think about how this year is about retraining yourself to have good habits so that you will learn to make healthy choices when you don't have the joy of restriction. I am following my surgeons advice strictly because I want to make good choices when I don't have the "scared of breaking my pouch" willpower in 6 months time.

When you eat do you eat protein first? That should be your priority. Also are you tracking your foods? Girl I am going to try and get you out of this funk! We are surgery buddies and you will succeed! ;)

Carolineh

Lol, you've made me crack up.. think I needed that!
I got given loads of info for post opp meals and I've stuck to them. Eating healthy food, fish, loads of chicken, lasgne, soup.. I just feel that I should be feeling more restrictions when I eat. It's like I can't tell when I'm full?! (Sounds strange I know).
Like today for example.. wheatabix for breakfast, mozzarella and basil presto pasta for lunch, got hungry about 3 so made lasagne and had a few mouthfulls, now 6pm had another tablespoon for dinner.. I know come 9pm I’ll want something else..

Feel like I’m eating too much, and food taste so good I want to eat more.

Man I need to go back to full time work (went part time in October to be with my son more).. maybe I should just work then at least I won’t be tempted to eat.
Failing that I was going to join my local David Lloyd gym and take my mind off food and get my bum fit..
The £100 per month cost will ensure I do actually go!.
I will loose the weight! Promise surgery twin xx

Carolineh

I’m using my fitness pal app for her past few days.. it definitely helps with tracking my calories.. I’m averaging 800/1000 per day x

slimkim

I just had a look at what you are eating and it looks like it is carb heavy. Carbs make you crave food. This may be why you never quite get the feeling of being full. When you make the lasagne do you use noodles or strips of eggplant or zucchini? That simple trick could reduce the carb levels. You say you are tracking with myfitnesspal, how are the carbs compared to protein. Are you getting in at least 60grams of protein a day? A good snacks I've heard that will satiate you and be high protein is beef jerky or when you are craving something a few mouthfuls of your protein in sauce could fill you up faster than having carbs with it. How about also trying quark or 0% total greek yogurt for breakie a few times a week instead of wheatabix. Its super high protein and a teaspoon of reduced sugar jam or honey will make it taste like a dessert. All just suggestions I've seen from folks. You got this. We will win together!

Oh and £100 per month for gym! Yikes! I'm a member of an elcheapo gym, thegymgroup and its open 24hrs and has everything you need. Go you have one of those in your area or you think the expensive gym will motivate you more?

Emma1504

£100 for a gym do they do the exercise for you as well!! should do for that price!
Slimkim you are always so supportive & seem to know just what to say.
Carolineh keep going the end result will be so worth.

Carolineh

Lmao... I know. £100 per month my other half would kill me but it's literally round the corner from me and I hope I would use it regularly as it's gorgeous and well kept.
I do think I'm being carb heavy with my meals and prob need to sort out my breakfast to go back to yougherts XXX

Maria61

Lmao... I know. £100 per month my other half would kill me but it's literally round the corner from me and I hope I would use it regularly as it's gorgeous and well kept.
I do think I'm being carb heavy with my meals and prob need to sort out my breakfast to go back to yougherts XXX
I only pay £27 a month for my gym, £100 sounds very dear but good luck with it x

Carolineh

You will all be pleased to know I decided against the £100 per month gym and I've joined the other leisure centre at £26 per month (with my NHS discount) I've just been for a swim and tour it's lovely!.
Feeling much more positive now and I've got my gym induction on Monday with a PT session.
I explained I'm so nervous about the gym part, but everyone there seemed really nice and "normal" massive muscles and tonned bodies like I expected XX

Emma1504

Well done on taking that step. Gyms scare me & I really don’t think I will be going to one anytime soon. X

Carolineh

Me too, I’m really not keen on them but once I’d walked round it it didn’t seem too scary. I’ve got my induction booked for Monday so we’ll see how I get on after that xx

slimkim

Congrats on taking the plunge and joining the gym. Its great that you feel comfortable so far.

Good luck with the induction. I'm cheering for you. I'm not cleared for the gym until week 7 unfortunately. I'm itching to go! Let us know what types of exercises you start doing.

Maria61

Well done on taking that step. Gyms scare me & I really don’t think I will be going to one anytime soon. X
Don’t be scared of gyms. I went 6 years ago for extra help after my knee replacement with a trainer and got into it and joined up.i mainly do the exercise classes and enjoy it very much, have made lots of friends and I am someone who would never have thought about a gym too

Carolineh

Congrats on taking the plunge and joining the gym. Its great that you feel comfortable so far.

Good luck with the induction. I'm cheering for you. I'm not cleared for the gym until week 7 unfortunately. I'm itching to go! Let us know what types of exercises you start doing.
Evening ladies, so happy the scales are on the move again!! Lost a few more pounds this week. In total I’ve lost 2 stone 3 pounds.. must be doing something right.
Gym induction Monday (providing the snow buggers off).. I’ll let u know how I get on xx

slimkim

Over 2 stone loss in less than a month! Amazing. You are smashing it. I'm glad the scales are moving for you. I had a dramatic moment with the scale this morning. I thought I gained 5 pounds overnight. I was so disappointed. But it just ended up being that I had the scale on a funny angle.

Hopefully the snow buggers off. It has been fun whilst it lasted but this travel disruption is a royal pain!

Carolineh

Over 2 stone loss in less than a month! Amazing. You are smashing it. I'm glad the scales are moving for you. I had a dramatic moment with the scale this morning. I thought I gained 5 pounds overnight. I was so disappointed. But it just ended up being that I had the scale on a funny angle.

Hopefully the snow buggers off. It has been fun whilst it lasted but this travel disruption is a royal pain!
Agreed! It’s strange I don’t feel like I’m doing that well.. it’s been 5 weeks since I started my milk diet so just over two stone loss, do u think that’s good? I don’t know what I could compare it too xx

slimkim

I think that's marvelous! 2 stone in 5 weeks. When have you ever lost that kind of weight before? The scales might have a bit of a shock when you start working out but just persevere and the weight will continue dropping. Your body composition will look better for the gym work outs. :character00116:

Carolineh

Thank u.. u do know how to make someone feel good!.
Started diary tonight as well of weight and how much I’ve lost and when.
How are u getting on, have u lost ? Xx

slimkim

Thank u.. u do know how to make someone feel good!.
Started diary tonight as well of weight and how much I’ve lost and when.
How are u getting on, have u lost ? Xx

No worries, I know sometimes you just need to hear something nice to give you a little boost.

I think a diary is a great idea. It'll help you to keep track of how far you've come. Also it'll be great looking back at it when you are feeling a bit down.

I'm getting on ok. I started a bit of puree today with a scrambled egg. I've been eating the one egg for the past 3 hours. I started with less than a spoonful and then felt a bit weird so stopped and waited 2 hours to have another go. I just tried it again and was able to get about a tablespoon down in small bites before I had to stop again. I'll go back at it in another two hours.

I'm losing everyday currently so that's a bit of a boost. I'm down 16lb now with 14lb from surgery date. I only lost 2lbs on my low calorie diet pre-op so I just count the whole weight loss from my highest.

Are you on regular foods now?

Carolineh

Omg that’s amazing Hun! Yes I’m bascily back to normal foods... but very low fat and low sugars foods.
Not eating a lot at all, just table spoon of food at a time.
Still on sloppy foods, so lots of gravy etc xx

slimkim

@Carolineh I like your new avatar. It looks like your face has slimmed down. Do you see the weight loss yourself?

Hows the gym? I've had a crazy weekend with guests here and I got in more steps than I wanted to. Well over 10k both days and that made me realise I need to wait a bit before I start up the gym. At least until I get on solids so I have more nutrition.