• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling worried about lsd

Fluids for 8 weeks does sound a bit extreme , I was on fluids for 4 weeks , 4 weeks. Purée.4 weeks mashed.
But I did advance with the mash stage into 2.5 weeks, as I was so weak and sick to deatH of purée,
You do what feels right for yourself,
You will feel weak and tried after a major operation. Having a sleep in the afternoon for about 6 weeks was normal for me,
I'm surviving on kenco 2 in 1 coffee at the minute as don't like milk protein shakes make me feel sick because there milk based. I'm constantly tired and emotional I've lost nearly 2 stone in 2 weeks and feel so weak I tried a tiny bit of soup and had a major stickie which then made me cry because of the pain and then throw up.. I don't regret it and don't want to sound like I'm moaning but I'm just emotional and tired

I'm surviving on kenco 2 in 1 coffee at the minute as don't like milk protein shakes make me feel sick because there milk based. I'm constantly tired and emotional I've lost nearly 2 stone in 2 weeks and feel so weak I tried a tiny bit of soup and had a major stickie which then made me cry because of the pain and then throw up.. I don't regret it and don't want to sound like I'm moaning but I'm just emotional and tired
I couldn't eat the protein shakes neither , but I could eat them when frozen into ice cube trays, like mini milks.
You should be having thin soups, I wouldn't have to many coffees , when not eating ,no nurtional vaule at all,and will fill you up ,

I couldn't eat the protein shakes neither , but I could eat them when frozen into ice cube trays, like mini milks.
You should be having thin soups, I wouldn't have to many coffees , when not eating ,no nurtional vaule at all,and will fill you up ,
I try them frozen to see if I can tolerate them that way. I know but the coffees are the only thing keeping me going at the minute. Just going through the motions at the minute going to get a blender to see if I can blend some food to get some protein in

I try them frozen to see if I can tolerate them that way. I know but the coffees are the only thing keeping me going at the minute. Just going through the motions at the minute going to get a blender to see if I can blend some food to get some protein in
Add some Marvel to your soups to get some protein in. I agree about the coffee unless you are making it all milk. Remember you thought you wouldn't be able to do LRD and water because of you Coke addiction? You can do this, but 2 stone since your op does sound a lot.

Have you spoken to your dietitian/Doctor?

Add some Marvel to your soups to get some protein in. I agree about the coffee unless you are making it all milk. Remember you thought you wouldn't be able to do LRD and water because of you Coke addiction? You can do this, but 2 stone since your op does sound a lot.

It is a lot 2stone I am happy about it but it's not good losing it that fast. Not using milk it's the kenco 2 in 1s sachets. I tried blendid Sunday dinner today with lots of gravy had a very bad stickie again and thrown up.. now I don't feel like eating. Think I may try home made soup as I know I love tomato and basil soup and can do it to what consistency I want.. I phoned the hospital and told me it was normal. Went to gp he told me to try thicker stuff as suffering with reflux but tryed thicker soup and got stuck. I don't know feeling very emotional and lonely xx

UPDATE: very proud hubby went shop and seen some ready brek so brought it me and I've managed about 10 teaspoons of it and it was lovely sat with mr sleeve very nicely xx

UPDATE: very proud hubby went shop and seen some ready brek so brought it me and I've managed about 10 teaspoons of it and it was lovely sat with mr sleeve very nicely xx
That's great news :) Readybrek was my first puree - went down a treat.

That's great news :) Readybrek was my first puree - went down a treat.
Never ever liked ready brek before but my husband said try it as it's good for you (probably why I've never liked it) it was lovely tho and I've felt abit better since so soup and ready brek it is until next stage as I can make it to the consistency I can tolerate xx

Never ever liked ready brek before but my husband said try it as it's good for you (probably why I've never liked it) it was lovely tho and I've felt abit better since so soup and ready brek it is until next stage as I can make it to the consistency I can tolerate xx
I have found tastebuds have certainly changed since op, so anything is worth a try...

Sorry to be a pain put do you have any other ideas food wise please as struggling to find them really that sits well xx
Others that worked for me were blended tinned minced beef (don't try cooking it fresh at this stage) and go for a good make that has high protein and less fat, blended baked beans, blended Arla high protein cottage cheese, Smash made with milk instead of water - very runny, semolina, again made very runny (you can buy the instant one). That pretty much made up my diet for Stage 2 other than shakes and Slimfast. Did start to add a bit of spinach near the end to try and get some veg in, as it is very soft.

Have you not been given a diet booklet by your dietitian?

Somebody on here swears by milk with a chicken oxo cube.

Yes was givin a diet sheet but just the thought of blended chicken casserole makes me feel a little sick xx

I had scrambled egg. Made soft in microwave and put cream cheese in it,but this was purée stage
I would suggest making soups in the slow cooker yourself with fresh veg , lentils, blender them right down to purée ,with hand blender , if still do thick add cream or water or coconut cream.

You can get protein powder on prescription from you doctor, I did.
The name of it should be in your notes the hospital gave you, it's tasteless , sprinkle it in everything.
From eight weeks , you can take you vitamin pills etc, this is what I was advised ,
I wouldn't eat blended Sunday dinner yet , too thick for you if on fluid stage still

I had scrambled egg. Made soft in microwave and put cream cheese in it,but this was purée stage
I would suggest making soups in the slow cooker yourself with fresh veg , lentils, blender them right down to purée ,with hand blender , if still do thick add cream or water or coconut cream.

The name of it should be in your notes the hospital gave you, it's tasteless , sprinkle it in everything.
From eight weeks , you can take you vitamin pills etc, this is what I was advised ,
I wouldn't eat blended Sunday dinner yet , too thick for you if on fluid stage still
I wasn't given protein powder on prescription, and was given liquid vits for first four weeks. My dietitian said Marvel was as good (she is one of the top nobs in the British Bariatric Society) and cheaper. I did buy some protein powder from health food shop. They did samples to try, so tried whey, rice and pea. Whey tasted ok, but was difficult to digest. The other two were gross, although you can just get away with pea in a casserole. I also still cannot tolerate eggs in any form. We are all so different as are our teams.

Guessing you are private hospital @Louise21 as you got done so quickly? I have noticed from the time I have been on here that NHS keep you on fluids for longer.

I wasn't given protein powder on prescription, and was given liquid vits for first four weeks. My dietitian said Marvel was as good (she is one of the top nobs in the British Bariatric Society) and cheaper. I did buy some protein powder from health food shop. They did samples to try, so tried whey, rice and pea. Whey tasted ok, but was difficult to digest. The other two were gross, although you can just get away with pea in a casserole. I also still cannot tolerate eggs in any form. We are all so different as are our teams.

Guessing you are private hospital @Louise21 as you got done so quickly? I have noticed from the time I have been on here that NHS keep you on fluids for longer.
I was nhs, but done in a private spire hospital,I was given four weeks at every stage,
I can eat almost anything , have done for the last year ,

Cauliflower cheese? X

Thanks everyone I'm currently having tinned soup watered down and ready brek seem to be tolerating that fine. Weight is falling off me and gone down 2 dress sizes. Didn't expect to lose it this quickly. I know where I've been going wrong aswel if I have a stickie I'm trying to wash it down with water! Just natural reaction and then throwing up and I shouldn't drink when eating or before or after. At least I know for future now xx

Drinking before and after eating is an absolute no no - most people say an hour before and an hour after! If something gets stuck, drinking is the worst thing you can do as it will just come straight back up.

A definite yes to tinned minced beef (I used M&S) and mashed up homemade cauliflower cheese. You need to make sure you are getting enough protein - definitely take the advice above and add powdered milk/marvel to anything and everything - or I added 1 oz cheese to my soups or mince. I also drank milk to get more in that way. I did drink protein shakes for a while even though I hated them, just to get more protein in. There are protein powders that are ok to be heated so you could mix some with your ready brek. I made homemade casseroles and froze in small portions - I blitzed some, had some that were blitzed with a few bits in for the next stage and then some frozen as they were. I used the fresh soups from Waitrose and blended them initially until I was able to have them with bits in (with added cheese of course!). When I could eat soft foods my favourite was Heinz beans and sausages with some cheese in. Careful with egg - a lot of people cant tolerate it, so try it and see how you get on. I made scrambled egg with cheese in (sounding like a cheese seller now!) but having the cheese in makes it softer/looser so it was easier to swallow/digest so that might help.

Stick with it, each stage is difficult but the slower you take to go from stage to stage the better as it gives your stomach time to heal and adjust inbetween each phase. Slow and steady wins the race.

I was private and had 3 weeks on each stage, and liquid meant liquid, it should go up a straw.
I dont think it matters if you are NHS or private it is what your consultant reccomends.

Back