• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First steps to a long battle!!

I'm another one who is missing Christmas dinner - and can't celebrate my 40th birthday as it's only 4 days after my surgery!

However, I look at it being worth it in the long run and I will be sooo much happier next year when I can celebrate with a new body!

Tatiana

I'm another one who is missing Christmas dinner - and can't celebrate my 40th birthday as it's only 4 days after my surgery!

However, I look at it being worth it in the long run and I will be sooo much happier next year when I can celebrate with a new body!

Tatiana

My thoughts exactly, I have set my target date for Christmas day next year. It’s going to be a Birthday/Christmas present to myself hitting my target.

i'm also going to buy my first dress to celebrate and i cant wait to wear it and feel super glam.

its my 40th next october and my brothers wedding next june which is why i want it done now so i can enjoy those events. i have loads of skinny clothes so thats not a problem!
Anyone heard or used The Hospital Group thats who my consultation is with next week.

well got my consultation this friday and could be in for my op december 10th! yikes!!

Great, it's one day after mine. Good luck with it x

Congrats I'm another 1 that will be missing Christmas dinner, boxing day chips with the rest of meat and pickled onion juice, the Chinese on new years eve and the spread on new years day :) and it will so be worth it for us can't believe how much of Christmas revolves around food lol not from now on :) we can do it x x x

I am missing Xmas dinner as well having op just before Amy on the 6th December, how i see it is there will be plenty more Xmas to come and I would only be tempted to eat way to much( like I dud last year) and put my operation In jeopardy, good luck everyone xx

Thanks guys. I know im gutted about xmas dinner.....but cant imagine the happiness i will be feeling next year. Is everyone bands or bypasses??

Me and Alison are Sunderland bypasses x

and a band for me. Im having second thoughts that it wont work....i seriously cant wait until all this referral malarkey has gone on though. I dont leave the house now and its getting worse the bigger i feel im getting.
Everything ive read has said because my bmi is 40 im more likely to be offered a band rather than bypass....but what is the criteria and difference.....what made the doctor advise a bypass for you guys, or even a sleeve. Im worried il spend nearly £6000 and cripple myself with payments and then it wont work and nhs wont then do a bypass.
Think theyl have to put me on suicide watch!

The doctor didn't suggest anything to me or even discuss the op. I did research on all of the op and methods out there. I researched what the op involved, the side effects, the mortality rates etc I also put together a little life after surgery eating plan. I took it all along with me and argued why the bypass would suite me best. Think the surgeon was scared I was after his job lol. X

Ive researched them all too and cant seem to find any arguments in my head other than cost why one would be more successful for myself than the other. My heads done in trying to work it all out

Ive researched them all too and cant seem to find any arguments in my head other than cost why one would be more successful for myself than the other. My heads done in trying to work it all out

I worked through some questions that were directly related to each op and then I was able to identify which op would be better for me x

minxtress, where abouts in the north east are you hun? i am near stockton, please you got referred well done.

hi hun, i talked to the dietition and she went through what my eating habits were like and said the band would not be good for me as i have a sweet tooth and could eat lots of sweet things to keep my wait up, and was told they are trying to not do so many bands atm, dont know why tho, hope this helps hun x

absolutely suicidal now.....just been turned down for my loan. god demented now i cant wait 18month for surgery. i have had enough

absolutely suicidal now.....just been turned down for my loan. god demented now i cant wait 18month for surgery. i have had enough
oh nooo :( can you try another loan company? I always found egg to be good, good luck honey xxx

now rang sunderland and they have received no referral off my doctor!!!! its cos im self employed no one will touch me.

oh honey im so sorry :(

Back