• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fizz

joey80

Hi guys jus a quick question, when i had band done i was told not to have anything fizzy well iv saw n heard of a few people having bands that do drink fizzy things, have any of u guys had it or not????

ive had a bypass and been told to avoid fizzy for ever. im sure a bander will be along soon to answer your question xx

I'm a sleever and was also told to avoid it forever. I think it's the same for all WLS patients. If they choose to ignore the stipulation, that's their problem.

Ruthiep said:
I'm a sleever and was also told to avoid it forever. I think it's the same for all WLS patients. If they choose to ignore the stipulation, that's their problem.

I agree,I've had a bypass and I find it's terrible uncomfortable when ive a sip of anything fizzy.
I dont touch anything fizzy now,it's no great loss!

Hello I'm a bander and have been told to avoid fizzy drinks totally. I don't fancy the discomfort to be honest so I am avoiding fizzy!!

X

i know some people who do drink diet carbonated drinks... but they either leave them to go flat.. or stir with a spoon to release all the bubbles... the idea of flat cola to me...ooh yuk... i would rather go without lol x

Ask me...ask me lol!!!!!!!! i Had 'fizzy' Strongbow at the weekend but when i asked on here i was put in the naughty corner! It can put ur band in danger due to the build up of gas putting pressure on it!
I had no issues drinking it but i certainly won't do it again!!!
No fizz all the way!!!!
xx

oh bexx i think we have all been put on the naughty step at some point here lol xx

oh bexx i think we have all been put on the naughty step at some point here lol xx
Hahaha! I bet! It was my 1st time! It was good though what people said to help me - its put me back in the right frame of mind. I thought i was big and clever and didn't really realise what the issue with the fizz was - i just thought people couldn't tolerate it and caused them trapped wind and what not but i was soooo wrong!
xxx

iv not touched it since b4 op bu was wondering as having a glass of wine or vodka n oj r high in cals, my auntie had a bypass n she drinks lager n fizz x

there will always be people who don't stick to the guides we are given but they are given for a reason :) we all know the stories of it will never happen to me people and it usually does :( granted there are exceptions to every rule but they are few and far between , don't do it just coz someone else can and there are plenty of things you can add to your vodka that aren't high in sugar xx

theres someone on here who has posted b4 bout them drinking fizzy drinks but they were told they could, so I think it must depend on your surgeons rules. I was told aslong ad I had a stirrer to release the fizz I wud be ok but too be honest like Rayne said flat cola is yuk lol, I have tried a fizzy drink once and I was fine burped a bit but no pain xx

Im a bander and I do drink fizzy drinks - not all the while by any means but I was advised that in moderation and with ice it would be fine evry now and again and it is FOR ME :D

You must always stick to what YOU have been advised, bubbles can cause problems for banders as can some foods. Im not sure how fizzy drinks will cause the band to slip what with the band being on the outside of the stomach BUT I can fully understand that any gas coming from the bottom stomach upto the banded part may be uncomfortable for some.

I was told not drink fizzy drinks any more after surgery and also not to drink alcohol at all for the first year

I was told not drink fizzy drinks any more after surgery and also not to drink alcohol at all for the first year

I think thats the norm for bypassers but things are a little different for banders, some of the rules do differ ;)

Like Mazza, I to have it sometimes well I had champagne at Xmas and new years eve. So not often compare to my daily coke pre band

thanks for all the info guys, i think i will stay clear, i dont wanna rock the boat and also i have been told to stay clear x

Plenty of wines that are still jo!! Speaking from far too much experience :D

Back