• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food Industry & Chefs

Bellydancer57

Just a bit of commentary. I've been in the food industry for over 30 years. Top chefs & media have blamed us for everything & will continue to I know.
Interesting that back in the day there was huge pressure to remove additives & E numbers. I am laughing my head off as all the so called top celebrity chefs are now using & praising the virtues of these such as Xanthan gum, alginates etc etc in their trendy molecular cooking. Like they invented it. LOL how times a change!?!

lol The ridiculous thing is that cooking is healthier now than ever in the past. Skimmed milk etc was simply unavailable. I think its much more to do with societies poor attitude to body image and different shapes and sizes that has fueled the so called obesity crisis. Live and let live has long been forgotten.

I do so agree with you. I have just discover Ari Seth Cohen, a blogger & author. He is campaigning for the older woman, celebrating their individual styles, body image & age. He is passionate about fighting the fashion industry's bias for thin young girls. Great read if you google him.

I think, considering we live in an age where good healthcare is so easily available and education we should in theory be healthier. But despite that we have the stupid obesity crisis. We can't all be getting more depressed and it can't be either that so many people have just decided to eat themselves to death. And so many people I've talked to have said, 'I wasn't really fat when I was younger, just curvy early. I wish people hadn't made me feel fat.'

We live in an intolerant world. Its why there is a further correlation between people who are bullied/discriminated against and obesity.

It is a shame because if you re just that bit different you get so much pressure nowadays. I fear for my nieces & nephew ( I don't have kids) I want to protect them from the horrible prejudices out there. I understand what you are saying but to be honest I never really had much negativity or if I did I never really noticed. I've been really lucky as my weight has never stopped me doing anything unil my mobility started to go. Now well wow I have a new release. I am so sad that mostly there is such problems.

Back