• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food wish list

christine77

As i put on someones thread the other day my hubbie came up with a good idea ( for once ) of making a list of all the foods i want before my op and have one a week so that i am not having a big surge near surgery.and not risking undoing the good work i have already done - so with approx 26 weeks to go i started to make a list - 25 foods/meals/ foodie places i am desperate to have or visit before d day.And you know what i can only think of 11 - so much for me being obsessed with food !!

so what will you or what do you miss?

LOL Christine....of all the things I really miss right now...but hopefully will be able to have again soon......it's salad! Yes, really lovely crunchy lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber....maybe with a nice piece of chicken!

I don't miss chocolate, crisps, sweets, puddings, cream.....none of that stuff! Weird huh?

But great idea of your hubby's though! Enjoy!

LOL Christine....of all the things I really miss right now...but hopefully will be able to have again soon......it's salad! Yes, really lovely crunchy lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber....maybe with a nice piece of chicken!

I don't miss chocolate, crisps, sweets, puddings, cream.....none of that stuff! Weird huh?

But great idea of your hubby's though! Enjoy!

I was actually the same and still am actually. I love a good crisp, crunchy salad.
Steph xx

Chris I think i will miss quantity (or my Head will-lol)

I love sitting down with a huge plateful of healthy/unhealthy food

Would you share your list of 11 with us...

Chris I think i will miss quantity (or my Head will-lol)

I love sitting down with a huge plateful of healthy/unhealthy food

Would you share your list of 11 with us...

Poppet I was a huge portion eater: my surgeon even commented on how huge my stomach was, and that it was a big give-away about my portion sizes!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I honestly don't miss big portions AT ALL! It takes me all my time to manage my teeny tiny ones, and if the food tastes good (which it usually does) and I savour the smell, taste and texture as I eat more slowly....small portions 'feels' normal! In fact I feel horrified when I see how much my family eats now!

Poppet I was a huge portion eater: my surgeon even commented on how huge my stomach was, and that it was a big give-away about my portion sizes!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I honestly don't miss big portions AT ALL! It takes me all my time to manage my teeny tiny ones, and if the food tastes good (which it usually does) and I savour the smell, taste and texture as I eat more slowly....small portions 'feels' normal! In fact I feel horrified when I see how much my family eats now!

That's good to know Charis-
even on the pre-op diet i'm eating HUGE green salads & piles of green beans/cabbage/celery-
I daren't tell you how how much celery (hot &cold)I eat -
but I'm very glad it's half price in Tesco at the Mo:8855::8855::8855:

I can honestly say I miss nothing yet.

Other half ate a chocolate digestive yesterday then kissed me, I was nearly sick at the the smell and thought of it! :8855:

Even thinking of what I used to eat repulses me and embarrasses me.

Long may it last.

I hope you get your date real soon. I found once I had my date I automatically reduced my portion sizes, I didn't try to it just happen naturally.

I tried to have a couple of pig outs but I just felt stuffed and couldn't do it! :rolleyes:

The only thing that causes me to dump is white bread.
Have to admit I do miss white crusty bread with butter - yum!

Although if I really want it, I do still have it occasionally and just go straight to bed to sleep through the dump! LOL!

i miss a big glass of diet pepsi with loads of ice while having my dinner out:mad:
i still fancy crisps and i occasionally have a bag of quavers, but thats about it really

so the list so far -
chinese platter of spicy chicken, sweet and sour and spare ribs with fried rice from local chinese
mams four course xmas dinner
fajitas and chilli onion rings from chiquittos
fish and chips from colemans in south shields
a mars bar and a glass of milk
a ice cream from the seaside
a taybarns
a sausage roll from greggs
a big steak with peppercorn sauce and chips and onion rings
a beef curry from chinese
dominoes pepperoni pizza
a big bag of cheese and onion crisps
a big drinking session on cocktails and cider

my problem is portion size i can just eat and eat and dont know when to stop but in the past few weeks that has all changed- i stop when i want not when the plate is clear. another of my problems is that i use food as a reward, something that i learnt as a child and it drives me crazy when i see my mam doing it now to my son , heres some crisps and chocolate for being good at school- thankfully my son often refuses and prefers fruit

What about TGI Friday's? The jack daniels sauce is to die for... Then of course we have Wing Wah's and also Cosmo all you can eat buffets....

So many nice places to eat... I'm lucky i can eat anything (although eggs fill me very quickly) the only thing i have yet to try is a chinese takeaway and to be honest i'd rather do my own stir fry with a low fat sauce :)

Good luck on your one last blow out xx

i wonder if theres a lot of sugar in chinese barbque spare ribs, i used to love them, but could only ever eat one or maybe 2 if they were small. mmmm yummy

Back