• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recommended foods for banders

Oh my, I still feel sooooo stuffed after my tea, grated carrot, beetroot etc as described above! I hope I can sleep!!!! :eek:

I'm very much full too. Although I want to now nibble on something - even though the only reason why I hate when I got home from the gym this evening was because 882 kCalories for the day would be too low!. I nearly nibbled on a piece of fruit just now! :eek:

My calorie intake is good today, I must not jeopardise it!

I have some beetroot but I wasn't sure about the cals in it...I do like it
hmmmm :)
I have my tuna ready but I don't think I need it tonight !! Plus I don't wanna eat too late

Hope you manage to sleep good hunny, I usually put my "sacred body" hypnosis on when I go to bed...trying to cram in some positive vibes as I go off to sleepy land :p

You do a ton of exercise!!! Do you give yourself a day off exercise. It gives your body a chance to do muscle repairs so it's a good idea.

Can you eat more before gym or during? Like a little fruit for between circuits or something. I've seen it on the biggest loser so I wondered what you thought.
This audio book I have recommends eating every 4 hours to keep your metabolism going and help you avoid overreating out of a low sugar level.

It's really good so I will try and organise a link for you xx
(and you Mazza , if you want it )

I was a bit worried with all the exercise you're doing and the low cals that you might be keeping yourself in starvation mode Cah-ching. Obviously going on what you put today only so forgive me if I'm way off.

I found out that at 1200 cals a day most people are in starvation mode, so we are if we are heavier for definate!

The cal amount that came out on those details considering your activity level, don't seem overly high anymore.

Anyway lovely ladies, we are going to hopefully keep monitoring each other and we shall soon find out whats the best combination.
xxxx

I'm very much full too. Although I want to now nibble on something - even though the only reason why I hate when I got home from the gym this evening was because 882 kCalories for the day would be too low!. I nearly nibbled on a piece of fruit just now! :eek:

My calorie intake is good today, I must not jeopardise it!

Beetroot is around 37 cals per 100g. Im relying on Boots version of Nytol for sleeping at the moment, Im a poor sleeper anyway :(

must admit i exercised because i really felt i hadn't trained my legs for ages. Wwnt to Zuumba because i like it :eek:
i'm not hungry and i djust didn't have the capacity in my pouch to eat today. will try to up my cals. How come i lost weight on Cambridge eating around 900 kCals per day?

Morning all xx
Cah-ching I know you lost weight but you regained it cos you starved yourself and mucked up your metabolism. Then when you go back to old habits after you gain a lot more.
I guess because your body has experienced a famine (whilst on vlcd) and your brain triggers and associations are all out of whack.

What we have to do is put right all the craziness from the past with all the harmful yo-yoing and get to a point where we feel comfortable around food and instinctively trust ourselves to make good food choices and take or leave a treat.

I think learning to stop obsessing about food and learning to feel our emotions instead of use food to make them go away is what this approach is going to help us do.

I think the key is relax and enjoy the process, I am trying to do this too...I am such an all or nothing type and what will keep us slim for life is balance and moderation xxxx

Hope you have a fantastic day x

I'll be making a cake today with the leftover eggs. Thats the 3rd time I've tried eggs and they simply do not agree with me ... so unusual as it used to be a favourite of mine

Hi

They were scrambled eggs. Everytime I try them I'm unable to keep them down. I thought they'd be a good thing to have because of the nutrients and protein. I just can't keep them down.

I'm not sure I want a defill because I really want to lose weight and my portions have now finally decreased - actually I'm due another fill next weekend after my weekend abroad.

I have 7.7ml in my band so a defill wouldn't make me happy as I intend to get to 17St by March.

I understand what you mean about being afraid to chance a defill. I had one because I was not getting and keeping almost all decent solid food down so I started survivng on shakes and ice cream.
I had a half mil out and I can eat pretty much everything if I am careful but still have restriction if I eat slow and keep it healthy.
Eggs still seem to gather and clump together though..I guess their texture is sort of rubbery.

I hope you do good after your fill. I was going to go back and get one but this week I feel like I want to try hard not to need one.
Last time I asked (pre-defill) I was persuaded not to by my surgeon because I had over 8 mils in a 9 mil band and he said I could risk erosion if it was too full. Eek!

SO I am pretty much at the limits of what my band can do for me and now moving on to what I can do for me x

At the limits of what the band can do! Gosh that sounds so scary.
How much do your fills/defills cost? Or do you have an unlimited care package?

I haven't had anything done or an appointment since my two years ran out this July so I don't honestly know!
I am hoping I won't need to find out.

It's weird actually, up until this week I was all over the place and I had lost and regained the same 6lbs over and over since the defill in early April (ish)

For me right up till this week and these threads, there's been a combination of feeling really demoralised with trying to be on here and the general vibe on here being about the bypass being the only way to achieve weight loss and the band sucks etc..... plus listening to that audio book and then deciding I wanted to stop calorie counting (this is my first week and I am a bit nervous) and I have to say trying to help all the banders meet up on here and help each other so we can feel hopeful , has made something click inside me and I really feel like I can do this.

I have been worrying about how on earth I can get the other 6 stone off and feeling like I cannot succeed but the simple act of writing all this stuff and putting it out there is making me want to stick to my own advice and really prove that it IS possible , no matter how difficult it seems.....that maybe we have to flip it over and make ourselves believe it's easy and that it's not only easy, it's liberating x

I don't know what the scales will say this week as I am due for TOTM this week, but I am noticing that I want to exercise and I want to do well because I have you and Mazza and all the other banders to do the journey with and that makes me want to continue to keep this going for us all to benefit.

I have the band to help me in the background but it's now time to learn to trust myself to change and not be scared of what may come.

Im just snacking on a ryvita black pepper after treating myself to a skinny latte from out canteen at work.

I can tolerate eggs but I have to say that scrambled or boiled does fill me up the most x

Better not tell you what I've jst snacked on ........ :eek:

ok....

blanched almonds and dried cranberries and 1 satsuma :eek: not good I know. :(

Back