• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Free Bike!! but nervous?

mandym1

In my area they advertised months ago for people to register for a free bicycle. I thought this is great as it will help me keep fit so I registered.

They have called me today to go collect tomorrow. I will get my free bike, helmet, lights everything I will need to get cycling.. All for FREE!! I have to complete a short safety course when I get there.

This may sound silly but I'm so nervous about gettng on a bike and the wheels going flat and them saying I'm too fat for a bike!!! :cry:

ohh nice one:D Id be well pleased, but like you id be hesitant too.
Wish they would do a free bike in my area lol :p

Enjoy it, trot along grab it and run lol :rolleyes:

and anyway what were they expecting to go get one, all the skinnies ?? tell em you need it lol

Ooooh thats not fair..lol I've been looking at bikes for the past couple of weeks trying to pluck up the courage.

You are not too fat for a bike...go grab it and enjoy it.

The sense of freedom when whizzing along is fantastic and good for the thighs ;):D

WOW, free bike! I understand your worries but bikes are pretty sturdily made. I get very anxious about theings like that, take a deep breath and go for it. Good luck x

Just go get the bike,hold ya head up high don't let other people put you off - Good luck & enjoy ya new bike ( wish i could get a free bike which area you in i'm in Surrey don't give ya anything here!!!!!);)

Merseyside. Here is the link for anyone who is interested.
www.letstravelwise.org

Maybe worth enquiring on your local authority website to see if they offer anything like this.

Ya lucky devil you! I think a bike is near if not at the top of my wish list when i start losing weight. Now i've got only one thing to say to you left..... ON YER BIKE!!!

happy cycling x

Congrats on winning your new bike. I bought myself one a couple of months ago and its one thing you don't forget how to ride it. I must go out on it again it has been in the garage for a few weeks and needs an airing I think. Maybe I will give it a go over the weekend.

In my area they advertised months ago for people to register for a free bicycle. I thought this is great as it will help me keep fit so I registered.

They have called me today to go collect tomorrow. I will get my free bike, helmet, lights everything I will need to get cycling.. All for FREE!! I have to complete a short safety course when I get there.

This may sound silly but I'm so nervous about gettng on a bike and the wheels going flat and them saying I'm too fat for a bike!!! :cry:

don't be silly, you won't be too fat for the bike, but if you do notice the tyres seem a little low, either take it to your local bike shop and ask them to pump the tryes right up, or if you're confident do it yourself, the max psi should be on the side of the tyre, now on ya bike lol!! :D

Do they make adult three wheelers?I couldnt stay on a bike when I was a kid!!!

Thanks everyone, well I'm off now for my lesson and to get my free bike!! Nervous as hell but just going to go for it!!!

you go for it hun, i know its hard when you feel self concious but you know your not going to be like that forever, and your doing something to help yourself. be proud and good luck xx

Hi Mandy

Hope it went well, let us know how you are getting on with your shiny new bike! x

I did it, I got a shiney new bike and am very pleased with myself. I did quite a bit of cycling (for me) I was sweating and uncomfortable but really enjoyed ut. My instructer was a really nice guy which helped.

Well now all I have to do is get out and about on my new wheels!! :bliss:

Back