• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

From Fat to Fit sleeve Diary

I've just done body combat because I feel so guilty. I've had six mini mince pies, a slice of Christmas cake, a Green and Blacks chocolate bar and M and S trifle. What's wrong with me!!

You have food issues!

It would have been a lot less than in past years.

Sugar is addictive. Once you start on that sweet stuff it's impossible to stop xxxx

Tomorrow us a fresh start - kick ass!

It's been a difficult time, the head battle at its worst! It would have been much better if none of this food was in the house :(

You have food issues! It would have been a lot less than in past years. Sugar is addictive. Once you start on that sweet stuff it's impossible to stop xxxx Tomorrow us a fresh start - kick ass!

I have took some action today. Got rid of all the sweet things and I'm going to buy some fruit to snack on. Onwards and downwards!!

Xx

Hi lisa hows the reflux? You look fab in your jumper dress and losing weight has made you look really young. Im close now signed consent forms today. You are doin fab as usual. Dont beat your self up too much everyone over eats at xmas.

Kirsty xx

You look great in that jumper dress! :)

Hi lisa hows the reflux? You look fab in your jumper dress and losing weight has made you look really young. Im close now signed consent forms today. You are doin fab as usual. Dont beat your self up too much everyone over eats at xmas. Kirsty xx

Yay Kirsty that's excellent news. I think when you sign the forms, the reality of it all kicks in and you feel relieved that it's all happening!!

Won't be long now Hun and I'm so excited for you xx

Happy new year to you. Hope you get your wee surgical problem sorted in 2016 and the rest of your journey in plain sailing xxx

Happy new year to you. Hope you get your wee surgical problem sorted in 2016 and the rest of your journey in plain sailing xxx

Thanks a lot Kirsty and a Happy New year to you sweetheart xx

image-3525845258.jpg

Trying to be positive

Reflux is awful I've had band induced reflux for over three years just converted to a sleeve so obviously very concerned to read your story although the hernia could also be responsible can they not repair that instead of doing a bypass conversion
Hope your ok hugs xx

Reflux is awful I've had band induced reflux for over three years just converted to a sleeve so obviously very concerned to read your story although the hernia could also be responsible can they not repair that instead of doing a bypass conversion Hope your ok hugs xx

That's what I'm hoping for Hun.

I am going back to see the consultant on the 16th Feb. I really fee in limbo waiting to find out what's happening.

I have lots of new strange symptoms as well. For example, my stomach gets massive at night and it's so uncomfortable. I look six months pregnant. My bm are normal and so it must be to do with the hernia or reflux. I think I'm stressing because I don't know what it is, or what is going to happen I be future.

I am still doing my classes - I was to hit the gym by my consultant - but I'm suffering a lot of abdominal pain and I don't know if I'm making it worse for myself.

:(

Just thought I would do an update. Not posted for a a few weeks. Amy advice would be welcome!!!

I am still suffering from severe reflux and I have a small hiatus hernia. I am only 7 months out though. I handed in my notice at work Christmas, because I had to have so much time off sick with the reflux.

My consultant (who has been really good) has mentioned the possibility of doing a sleeve to bypass conversion, but he's waiting to see if I improve. I've had an endoscopy and barium swallow which showed the hiatus hernia and I am hoping my consultant will offer to repair it.

Also the weight loss has completely slowed down and I wondered if this could be due to the hernia and or the reflux? Has anyone else has this happen due to reflux and or hernia.

I did have a follow up appointment next week but it's been cancelled and so I'm waiting for a new appointment. I really do feel in limbo land.

Negative to positive though I have really toned up by going to the gym and doing lots of classes and although my weight loss has slowed down, I am feeling an looking good. I am can run for forty minutes on the treadmill and that's a new NSV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear off you was wondering how you are I just mentioned you to cld86 who you've quoted above. What a shame your appointment has been cancelled I'm three weeks post op band to sleeve have none of the dreaded reflux back yet but it's prob too early too tell
Can't really answer your questions but maybe weight loss had slowed cos you've gained muscle tone. Hope you get sorted very soon keep us updated thinking of you x

I bet you've lost a lot of cm!

Yes I have Hun.

Also I've got no skin issues which is a blessing.

Scales are stuck at 12 stone though. Xx

Back