• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

From Fat to Fit Sleeve Diary!!

Going home later....whoop whoop

Oh no Lisa..!

I really hope that this eases off soon. I'm sure it will as it seems to be something that most people here have suffered with.

Let us know how you're getting on, thinking about you lots..

Claire x

Oh no Lisa..! I really hope that this eases off soon. I'm sure it will as it seems to be something that most people here have suffered with. Let us know how you're getting on, thinking about you lots.. Claire x

Thanks Claire :)

I'm getting there Hun and I knew it wouldn't be easy but I'm sure it will all be worth it. I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards lol!!

The hospital were fantastic and I must admit they have cared for me really well. I will be glad to have a nice shower later and get in my own bed. Karen came to see me four or five times and if she wasn't happy with anything she would speak to the sister in charge.

As for Mr Robinson he was amazing!.

It will be your appointment next Claire and before you know it, it will your and I will be here for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

How are you now Lisa can't believe your on the other side now it's amazing how fast time is going

Are u keeping anything down now? Strange question but does your stomach feel any different apart from sore lol.

I can't wait to be where you are now. I'm terrified of my first appointment so you and everyone else are so brave to have actually gone through with it all.

It's amazing what they can do these days and reading about people losing stone after stone is amazing. The journey really starts now for you.

Keep us all updated on you progress

Kirsty xx

Not Lisa but thought I would reply with my experience too.

My stomach feels like it has moved to the gap between my ribs right at the top. It feels full after a few sips of anything and there is a lot of gurgling etc.

The full feeling does disappear and I think the gurgling could be signs of hungry, but as I only had the op in thurs eve its early days.

Food is something I am soooooo disinterested in because of this constant fullness and I never guessed I would believe I that I would be saying this.

Anyway it's a huge new experience for me, as it will be for all of use sleevers.

How are you now Lisa can't believe your on the other side now it's amazing how fast time is going Are u keeping anything down now? Strange question but does your stomach feel any different apart from sore lol. I can't wait to be where you are now. I'm terrified of my first appointment so you and everyone else are so brave to have actually gone through with it all. It's amazing what they can do these days and reading about people losing stone after stone is amazing. The journey really starts now for you. Keep us all updated on you progress Kirsty xx

Hi Kirsty :)

It's certainly great to be on the other side. I have waited for this moment for years and it's an amazing feeling. Your turn will soon come Hun.

My stomach doesn't feel that different but I am really swollen. However, a couple of sips of fluid fills me up. It's such a strange sensation. I have been finding it hard to have more than a few sips but I keep persevering and it seems to work.

This is the start of it all and I hoping to see a real difference by Christmas.

I will keep you posted. Xxx

Thank you both for replying it's sounds like it will be very interesting post surgery if nothing else.

Lisa I'm sure you'll be a gd few stone lighter by Christmas. I had a tummy tuck in 2009 and was badly swollen it was major surgery and I took arnica to help with the swelling and it worked a treat. They are smaller than half a pea so won't b a problem to take with your new tiny tummy.

I'm so fed up of food I can't wait till I'm off it for a while. It's always controlled me and I want the tools and power to be the one in charge.

Have either of you weighed you selves yet or are u waiting for swelling to settle etc

Kirsty xx

I am going to weigh in Thursday which will be a week after surgery and also a week since I last weighed.

I am going to weigh in Thursday which will be a week after surgery and also a week since I last weighed.

I hope it's gd news then but don't be too disappointed if it's not as your body has been through a lot this last week and is probably still swollen.

I'm going on holiday for a week Saturday can't wait. Going to relax and enjoy that as it will probably b my last holiday with a normal stomach.

Then when I get back countdown to my first appointment with the whole team. Woop woop. How long was your journey from start to finish and where did u have your op

Kirsty xx

Going anywhere really nice?

I feel swollen so I don't expect much but 3-4lb would be nice :)

My op was private (instant gratification girl) so it was 5 weeks from wanting the surgery to seeing the surgeon to having the surgery.

I did speak to a surgeon back in March but discounted it as way too expensive and unnecessary and I could do it on my own. Well I couldn't and ended up being over a stone heavier.

Because I have no health problems I figured I would not be high in the nhs list and didn't want my my life on hold any more.

Well here I am post surgery and only 6 weeks ago life was normal. Exciting times are afoot.

Wow excitedbutnervous that is exactly my story even down to see consultant in March. I too figured that I could do it myself and now a couple of kg heavier I'm due for op tomorrow exactly 5 weeks after seeing another consultant.

So scared for tomorrow but sure it will be worth it.

Wow excitedbutnervous that is exactly my story even down to see consultant in March. I too figured that I could do it myself and now a couple of kg heavier I'm due for op tomorrow exactly 5 weeks after seeing another consultant. So scared for tomorrow but sure it will be worth it.

Good luck for tomorrow you will be fine.

Let us know how it goes xx

Wow excitedbutnervous that is exactly my story even down to see consultant in March. I too figured that I could do it myself and now a couple of kg heavier I'm due for op tomorrow exactly 5 weeks after seeing another consultant.

So scared for tomorrow but sure it will be worth it.

I know it is probably no comfort at all, but having only just gone through it myself, I know exactly the thoughts and worries you have.

VioletAngel and I were chatting the evening before and were saying how we were scared of dying, that it wouldn't work for us, that we would have something go wrong etc etc. These are natural worries that all of us have and you will be fine. If you have followed your surgeons advice then you will be fine. Yes the morning/evening after you may feel like a bus has hit you, but it does pass. I am only 4 days post op and am absolutely fine. Everything feels pretty much back to normal and food is really not of interest to me at the moment. I am floating on a cloud waiting for the weight to drop off (I had a sneaky weigh in today :D).

Fell free to drop me a PM, or post on here. We are all here for you, and there is a nice space ready for you on the losers bench.

My only advice, is plan for boredom in the hospital whilst waiting, and also for a relaxing week (or two) off work. My hubby has been fantastic and is doing everything for me, although guilt makes me still push him out of the way to do the ironing etc haha.

good luck, and keep posting :)

Thank you both for replying it's sounds like it will be very interesting post surgery if nothing else. Lisa I'm sure you'll be a gd few stone lighter by Christmas. I had a tummy tuck in 2009 and was badly swollen it was major surgery and I took arnica to help with the swelling and it worked a treat. They are smaller than half a pea so won't b a problem to take with your new tiny tummy. I'm so fed up of food I can't wait till I'm off it for a while. It's always controlled me and I want the tools and power to be the one in charge. Have either of you weighed you selves yet or are u waiting for swelling to settle etc Kirsty xx

Hiya Kirsty

weighed myself yesterday and was 8 pounds heavier eek. It must be water and swelling because I've hardly had anything.

Your like me because I've also have had a tummy tuck and I was weighing a lot heavier on the scales for about six weeks afterwards and then all of a sudden it looked like I'd lost a stone in a day!!

I think we need to try not to get to bogged down with the scales at this point and just try and follow the rules. We will definitely reap the benefits.

Yesterday I had:

Half a juice plus chocolate protein shake made with hazlenut milk and ice. It was lush and tasted like Nutella but I could only have half of it.

Bachelors tomato cuppa soup. Only managed half of it.

Small hot chocolate made with semi skimmed milk.

Half tin of chicken soup blended with added water.

Also sipped lemon squash throughout the day.

Today will be very similar to yesterday.

Have a good day everyone :)

I'm continuing my diary on the sleeve section if you'd like to move over as I'm no longer pre op. Hooray!! Xxxxx

Back