• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

From Fat to Fit Sleeve Diary!!

Just waiting to to theatre. Should be within the next couple of hours!! All gowned up and sexy hat and tights on. Seen the consultant and he said all is on schedule so fingers crossed. I'm feeling numb and very strange today. I will be mega relieved when it's all over excitedbutnervous is in the same boat as me. Hoping to have a nice chat with her later to compare notes. Will update you all as soon as I can xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Wow wow wow sooo excited for you but thinking about you immediately post op. You may be in recovery as I type this and I hope your not feeling much pain.

Looking forward to reading your post op update when your ready.
Take care Hun

Xx

Ali :)

Sooo I have seen the physio (now known as hitler), the anaesthesiologist (now known as dealer).
So hitler told me that after the op I need to be up and moving immediately. They will nurse me immediately after the op in a semi uptight position to stop the risk of chest infections. I also have to do breathing exercises in a machine that is similar I think to a breathalyser (never had one so can't compare), every hour. I tried it and it's hard! Also as soon as the nurses feel I am able they will get me up out of bed to avoid DVTs.

Dealer came in and discussed the cocktail of drugs that I can buy, sorry I mean have. There are loads that will automatically administers pain relief at different times through the op. In addition I will get anti sickness meds the actual operation makes sleepers nauseous. There are also a few drugs and pain relief options post op u can have, but they are saving those in case I really need them.

Just found out the reason for the shoulder pain. As they have to blow Co2 into your stomach to swell it to do the op, although most of it gets released from the port holes (thinking of titanic now haha) here is sometimes some left in your body. This then irritates your diaphragm which uses the same nerves as your shoulder and hence you can get shoulder pain. This pain will disappear all on its own, but usually goes away through movement.

On the whole I am in a very jolly mood, no worries or scared just chillin playing cards with hubby. (Thrashing him in fact)

The only fact that they haven't seen to got right is they keep saying I won't wake up a size zero??!!?? Wtf is that about rofl.

Anyway my op appears to be scheduled for 4:30 so will probably update either tonight or tomorrow.

Take care sleepers :) xx

Just waiting to to theatre. Should be within the next couple of hours!! All gowned up and sexy hat and tights on. Seen the consultant and he said all is on schedule so fingers crossed. I'm feeling numb and very strange today. I will be mega relieved when it's all over excitedbutnervous is in the same boat as me. Hoping to have a nice chat with her later to compare notes. Will update you all as soon as I can xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Sweet dreams till your on the losers bench xx

I was reassured yesterday when the 'gas man' told me they hook up to your brain activity and have loads of other gizmos to make sure you are missing your whole party. That was my big fear for both my band and yesterday's port replacement. Wish the last guy had told me this

You will do great. And just holler for more morphine if you wake up I pain in recovery. I always have that wee top up lol. Then you float away and love the world

So excited for you both having ops today well I suppose you've had them by now and are trying to sleep which is usually impossible in hospital. Hope your not too sore and congratulations to you both for getting your seats on the losers bench so inspiring to all us still on our journey to wls.

Kirsty xx

Hope you are doing ok hun. Sleep tight x

Hi all.
I am back all sleeved. Went fantastically according to my surgeon.

Got taken do to theatre eventually at 5pmand came back up at8pm.

Was pretty much out of it dues to tiredness, so have napped on and off for the last few hours.

Typically awake now and enjoying my 30mls of water every 30 mins haha.

From a pain point of view it aches in some of incisions but I a m on no pain relief at present. Main issue is the feeling of indigestion in the upper part of my body.

Was told I was "joint first" ( with another patient) clearly we followed the guidance (all be I my a few cheats on my side).

> > Xx
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

:) :) Sat here on the losers bench with excitedbutnervous and it's a great feeling!!

In a tiny bit of pain - by my rib cage mainly- but nothing too bad at all considering. The bariatric staff here have been amazing and I can't fault them!!

I'm on a saline drip because my BP is low and I'm just sipping tiny amounts.

Will update soon xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Woop woop..!!

You must be so excited about the future.

So glad you came through it with flying colours. Didn't realise there was a liver condition leaders board ;)

I know it's early days but do you have any indication of when you'll be home..?

Claire xx

Hi all. I am confident I will go home tomorrow as I was already up and about just a few hours after surgery. I am still in a drip to keep fluids in me as I can't drink more than 30mls per half hour (not that they have let me try yet)

Have moved out of HDU and back into my own room and I am sat in a chair with my drip in a wheely thing, so an freereeee :)

Woop woop..!! You must be so excited about the future. So glad you came through it with flying colours. Didn't realise there was a liver condition leaders board ;) I know it's early days but do you have any indication of when you'll be home..? Claire xx

Oh yes special board for how well you have done on the LRD haha

LMAO I shall have to get my game face on ;)

Woop woop..!! You must be so excited about the future. So glad you came through it with flying colours. Didn't realise there was a liver condition leaders board ;) I know it's early days but do you have any indication of when you'll be home..? Claire xx

Oh yes special board for how well you have done on the LRD haha

Huge congratulations to both you and excitedbutnervous!!!

For once the losers bench is the best thing ever!

Rest up and speedy recovery

Best wishes and virtual hugs :p

Xx

Struggling getting fluids in. How much did everyone have in their first day. I am not in a drip anymore so worried bit enough is getting in :(

Don't worry. Day 1 & day 2 I struggled with fluids because I was still so full of gas & I felt very bloated & blocked. Day 3 was a little better & by day 4 I was absolutely fine. Just do what you can, it'll get easier x

I was literally taking a whole day to sip a glass of water in the first week, don't worry just sip!

Don't worry. Day 1 & day 2 I struggled with fluids because I was still so full of gas & I felt very bloated & blocked. Day 3 was a little better & by day 4 I was absolutely fine. Just do what you can, it'll get easier x

I agree, my first couple of days I was sipping clear chicken broth, water down juice and ice tea and only took in very very small amounts. Once your a bit more recovered you will find it easier. 4 weeks out in taking in 1200ml average. Eating time take a large chunk of the day up so its difficult and a little boring but I heard things improve.

Take care lovely

Struggling getting fluids in. How much did everyone have in their first day. I am not in a drip anymore so worried bit enough is getting in :(

Also struggling to get fluids in!!

Had a bad day yesterday.They keep giving me lots of different things to take and they make me feel sick. I'm not keeping things down and have been really sick.

Hoping things get better soon x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hope you start to feel better soon Violetangel. I felt very sick straight after surgery & they gave me 4 different anti-emetics! I was told the sickness is natural because they've been working on your stomach, so everything is shaken up. Hope it eases soon x

Back