• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding available what happens next

Oh dear. That sounds v scary :-(
Not lookin forward to mine. Then again, gues they have got to push u hard to sea how much u want it. How long did it take to go through all that?

Sent from my sony x10 using WLSurgery

So day 1 of milk diet is here so far so good. Dont feel hungry yet ask me again at 7pm tonight. When I will be sitting on my hands no food. Tried to find sugar free crusha as you can have this in your milk I cannot find it in our local supermarket but believe Asda does sell it does anyone know? if not I can buy some off line.

Just thought I would update you all on my first week of the milk diet, well I survived I think it is 7pm and this was my first weekend but I didnt find it as hard as I thought, apart from when my other half sat in the car with me and ate a Mc Donalds I was not impressed I nearly had a melt down I was sooo hungry and thats all I could smell. But I kept telling myself that if I cheat I am only cheating myself and It will take even longer to get the finished result. xx

I found the dietician to be the one with loads of obstacles, pointing out how restrictive and life changing it all was going to be.

Did you think they were obstacles, or was she just being up front, and honest?

I found when I went for surgery that some of the other women having the same surgery at the same time were not that aware of everything that the post operative period entailed. Far better in my opinion for health professionals to spell out the negatives as well as the positives of having surgery.

I went to L&D on the 28th September, filled out all the forms, so many questions!
ECG, heart scan, blood tests. Took nearly all day.
The funding was all in place.

Was waiting for my next appointment, some kind sole on here :) said I should have heard by now! Call them...

I contacted them today to be told the letter was waiting approval to be sent out to me :(

Now have my appointment set for a week on Friday for my three assessments.
Wondering how tough this part will be?

I need this op or I will be unable to walk in 18months, they wont do my knee replacements if I remain at this weight :(

Hi Angela1310
Why has it taken them so long to get your letter for your three assessments I managed to get mine the following week after my very first meeting with the Doctor but then I did call them as I had to get my own bloods taken as the day I went the nurse was off sick.

Just be prepared for them to put words in your mouth would rather food lol) I found the pyscologist the hardest of them all kept saying I turn to food for comfort and that I needed to seek the buddy system and that she was going to write to my GP for further support for me and kept saying its not that im not saying you wouldnt get it because of this. But I got put on the milk diet following those assessments and now go back on the 3rd Dec.

Glad to hear all is sorted - do keep chasing as they normally send out letters within two weeks.

I agree with lyzzyanne that the dietician was very negative but that's only one of them. Julia I think her name was. The others have been fantastic. She wasn't being realistic - she put a note in my file saying she didn't think I could cope.

The delay apparently was it was waiting approval to send? No idea what that meant!

I get to see the Nurse, Dietician and Phychologist on Friday 16th. Your view on your appointments has helped. I will be prepared. At the end of the day I need this op if they think for one minute I am doing this for fun they need to see a Phyciatrist :)

This is not an easy option!

I do not weigh myself, I dont own a set of scales, I have always gone up and down in clothes size. I cant say I eat because I am unhappy or stressed, I eat because Its a habit like smoking I think. I was always big, put on an additional 8 stone when I quit smoking :(

Now my knees dont want to carry me I have got to get my weight sorted for good. At least I know the funding is there its just up to me and the L&D now.

To be honest if they pick up psych issues I would take the help. What I wouldn't give for some psychological support.

I have been told that they want my GP to refer me to the buddy system what ever that is all about, and sadly I am also being refferred to Mental Health Team, but again they are not doing it to be negative and have put in the letter to me they want to do this along side my surgery. Well just to let you know I lost my 5% within the first week it just fell off me :) cant wait to be seen on the 3rd to be told i can eat again yay

Hi Thank you so much for all your support, good news I called L & D today to just see if they happened to have an earlier appointment and just so happends they do, now going on Thursday 27th and not 3rd Dec yay. Things are moving along nicely now. It is weird though because most people on the milk diet are on it while waiting for surgery date i had to go on it loose the 5% then they will write off for surgery date and stick me on a maintenance diet while waiting for a date for sugery well at least i will be able to eat again :)

:D All went well today

Milk diet starts on Sunday, next appointment is the 14th December. 4 weeks to do my 5%, lets hope mine drops off in a week like yours Becky :p

I got the idea at L&D everyone gets to do the milk diet twice.

Keep posting as I am not far behind you and it tips me off so I know what to expect..lol

HI Angela
Wow yes I think you do it for four weeks then go on maintenance diet awaiting surgery date then go back on milk diet to shrink liver prior to surgery. I was meant to go back on 3rd as only appointment they could get me which would of meant doing it for 5 weeks but managed to get in now on 27th Nov so one more week left. I really hope it goes well first few days are the hardest.

Becky I have been thinking about this milk diet and it looks tough! I know I can do it. I know I have to do it!

A tough 4 weeks but it is going to be well worth it. :)

3 weeks behind you so any help/advice gratefully received ty :cool:

You will be really surprised girls. The first 3-5 days is hard because all you want to do is eat, but after that you stop feeling hungry. And you are allowed so much milk you won't be able to finish it. Make milky jelly to use up the milk as well.

The first time for me was easier than just before my op. I think that was mostly because I knew I couldn't go back to food afterwards.

Yve

What sort of timescale was it for you before surgery?
I know we have Christmas and New Year to get through trying to maintain...eekkkk then back on the milk diet.

2013 should be a great year!

Back