• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding available what happens next

Thats my worry! I really dont want to put any back on.

I am going to seriously plan and weigh my food, I would like to lose more before I go back in January.

At least you havent got long to wait. xx

i have to go back in dec ten to forteen days to pick up my needels as i have to self inject a drug night before and a week after u may have to do that to.

Omg! No one has mentioned stabbing needles in myself :(

I just about manage to give blood without looking!

Whats the drug? Whats it for?

The clexane injections are to thin your blood so that you don't develop a dangerous clot as you are less mobile post op. they are not too bad.

Not sure I can stab myself :( husband has offered to do it for me.... O yes like I would let him anywhere near me with a needle!

The first time is scary. After that its easy enough. If you still think you can't do it yourself you will need the district nurse to do it for you.

father in law told me luton had three wards shut due to winter vomiting bug. Lets just hope its all cleared up and back open to doesnt delay my surgery or anyone elses xx

I will get the nurse LOL

I am such a baby! Watched the op and have terrified myself!

Anyone who has the balloon is bloody brave...I couldnt have anyone do that to me while I was awake.

Never been in hospital before, so this is going to be a major shock to my system :)

You will be fine its two days and first one you gonna sleep I hate hospitals. Im taking my laptop and bits with me x

I saw Dr Foldi today, he explained what happens :) I go back on the 4th to see Mr Whitelaw. Apparently I should get a date then for whichever op.

It most definately is not going to be the band, which I was very happy to hear.

Hopefully it will not be a long wait but I have been warned not to catch a cold and to avoid anyone with chest infections.

My ipad will be going with me :) but apparently they do keep you busy even after the op! They want you walking as much as you can.

Have found eating again a pain, got to think what to cook. It was easier with no choice. How you doing?

Hi great news. It seems they are doing away with the band a bit more now. I have carried and used anti bacteria hand gell to try to avoid picking up anything. I go back today wednesday, to have before opp assessment I think measurements are taken, and I also pick up my meds. So far have been given two boxes of choccs for xmas real funny not. I purchased some baby food hipp organic stuff its not to bad as I am not going to be up for cooking first few days and you learn portion size and how texture should look and feel before you csn move on a stage. Doctor foli is lovely isnt he whitelaw is really nice im surprised they couldnt do both assessments in one day, I come from norfolk so they try to avoid me keep coming back and forth as its fifty pound a time without parking charges. I will write back tomorrow let u know all of wat they done. Xx

Hi Becky, thanks for the tip, I will get some gel. If anyone has a cold or infection at work I ill be avoiding them like the plague.

Know how you feel about being given food as a pressie! Today I was given a lovely box of homemade goodies, cookies and cakes. I smiled sweetly, my husband will demolish them quietly and not in front of me.

I havent even thought about what I will eat once I have had the operation. Baby food sounds like a good idea for portion control.

Normally they do like you to have the appointments together but Mr Whitelaw was busy until the 4th. I dont have far to travel so it didnt bother me having different days. Dr Foldi was really nice, took his time, explained everything very clearly.

You travel a fair distance. Is someone going to bring you when you come for your op and more importantly take you home after? It might be too much to use public transport.

How did you get on at your appointment on Wednesday? Have you managed to maintain?

xx

Hi mmm homemade googies, at least your husband would eat them away from you, mine would sit in front of me and do it. My husband is taking me and booking into travelodge then taking me home not looking forward to that journey il just take a pillow to put under my belt. wednesday went well got my tablets actually lost another kg from last tuesdays weigh in she gave me info bout wat to eat after and doesnt really like u on baby food, then went to admissions had chat with nurse took bloods and went home. I was expected to go back again nearer the time but as I come from far away she said its only for bloods they can do that on the day and gave me a blood form to give them x oh and debbie has allowed me now to have xmas dinner. X

The home made goodies have been duly polished off :) I think he was worried I would eat them.

My work colleagues have been amazing as well. They all went out for Christmas dinner while I was on milk! I refused to go so the next day they had a milk dinner with me :) was very sporting of them.

At least you have company for the trip and a visitor. Apparently they let you go home quite quickly if all goes well. I don't envy you your trip home. i live very local thankfully, I don't let my husband drive me anywhere but I will have to tolerate the 20 minute trip home after mine LOL.

They are very considerate at L&D with appointments.

Great news you lost another kilo, well done it all adds up. My husband is cooking Christmas dinner and it will be a small one for me. My problem will be boxing day :( going to my mothers and the house is full to the rafters of goodies. The family will all be there and the drink will be flowing. I must resist the temptations.

Just curious whats wrong with baby foods?

xx

Yes I am also over my mums xmas day and on milk boxing day. Nothing was wrong with baby food debbie just didnt like people doing it as it kind of makes u feel like u going without food, where we can blend our own food tbh baby food didnt have alot of taste to it. I hear luton has shut wards to visitors due to sickess bug so hope thats gone by xmas. I got told I will be in my own room first off and after then may get moved lets hope nit x

Actually the problem with baby food is it doesn't have the right proportion of protein, as with any ready meal. They are simply not nutrititious enough.

Back