• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding available what happens next

I was first seen at l and d in September op in April. Think they may be quicker now though.

I was first seen in January this year and my appointments seem to have been the same as everyone elses.
I still say the dietician was the most negative, almost looked down her nose at me and sneered about the milk diet being really hard and if I failed they would only give me an extra couple of weeks then it would be off the program!!!
I managed it fairly easily went back for the weigh in and then continued to lose while waiting for the surgeon appointment.
The surgeon was april offer a May date but I was away on holiday so then next available date was 26th June.

I know of a few people who have dipped at the shrink stage, but as Yve says if they offer you help, take it!!

I have found the best support to come from here plus Andy1968 who was also 'done' and L and D have buddied up its certainly helps me to have him to talk to and compare notes .

Day one of the milk diet :eek: here goes:eat:

Most of us on here can diet, we are experts! Maintaining is the problem :cry:

I have to say I am at this stage rather scared of the surgery not the diet. Reading the leaflets the L&D gave me has not convinced me of which one to go for. :confused:

The desire to weigh less so I may have knee replacement surgery is my driving force. No matter what happens I have to lose weight to continue walking. This surgery is a means to an end and if body beautiful is part of it who am I to complain :) Actually the only negative thing said to me at L&D was the reality check about excess skin...if you could say that was negative.

Yes they drum it into you about the excess skin as there is currently no funding available to remove it on the NHS, I just laughed and said im 31 im hardly gonna be wearing a binkini any time soon am I, il live with it. Well I go on the maintenance diet I hope next Tuesday about time cant do any more milk please no milk. Worried bout how long it will take for a date for surgery hoping to have it done asap dont wanna wait months for it as will loose hope and then loose my motive.

hi becky

seeing you all on here talking about milk diets and having surgery makes me feel so detached at mo as my journey has been held up by three months by the dietician as she says my diabetes HB levels are not low enough to have surgery. any suggestions from anyone to change this please? so looks like after xmas before i start this all over again. have booked xmas dinner out so wont get food in!

good luck to all

another Angela

Hi Mywishes oh no I am really sorry to hear that it is being held up. I dont know how long it will take to get a date for surgery once I go back next Tuesday. I am hoping it will happen within the first month but I think I am being a bit over obtamistic.

Its hard when things get delayed! You begin to feel like there is no end in sight, try hard to not get too down about it. Your time will come!

thanks ladies. am off to docs tomorrow to get blood tests again to see if hb levels are low enough and i can then go back to diatician and hopefully go onto next stage. know that will be post xmas. dread putting on more weight over xmas. find it difficult to walk and do anything physical as it is. any of you ladies feel like this? just want to change my life.

Becky good luck for Tuesday!
I go back the 14th December. With luck I will have lost my 5% or I will be spending xmas on milk :)
Completed my 1st week on Milk and found it much easier than I expected. At what stage if any have you struggled? I just want to be prepared.

Anglea1310 Thank you. Tomorrow is D-Day, so cant wait just hope my scales are right as mine say im now 100.3kg which is what I needed to get down to and I have been cheating slightly just last weekend and this weekend and ate some vegetable rice really started to feel it I would say end of week three, most people are only on the milk diet for four weeks but sadly they couldnt get me an appointment until the 3rd Dec it just happened I called and they managed to find me an earlier appointment which means I have been doing it five weeks and now not six. I will keep you all posted I hope they will then write off to surgeons for a date for surgery just slightly worried they will try hold back as they want to refer me to mental health along side surgery which i havent heard anything about yet from my GP and not had any information about the buddy system they also wanted to get my in touch with

well yay i lost over 5% now well on my way looking to go back dec meet surgeon then will be dec jan for operation. just got to be seen by mental health team so im on their backs chasing now so it doesnt hold me up.

Well done Becky! :clap:

Have they given you another diet to follow?

My appointment is the 14th all being good I will get a date as well :D

So excited for you keep on the chase for the mental health, you dont want any delays :eek:

Yes I am now allowed food yay... I get now 2 pints of milk a day then a 400kcal meal plus 1 snack unlimited fruit and veg never been so happy to want food. Cant wait I will also be going back some time in Dec to meet my sergeon x

Sounds like a healthy eating plan :)

Somehow dont think I will be sorted before xmas, but will be happy if I can have a xmas dinner! Not a pint of milk lol

Angela1310 oh xmas dinner yes forgot about that situation. MMM maybe Jan would be better to have surgery then either way I just want it over and done with.

Becky had my appointment today. Although I didnt cheat once I did not lose the full 5% i was gutted :(
The dietician has put me forward anyway!
My next appointment is with Dr Foldi on Tuesday 18th December. Then I see Mr Whitelaw on the 4th January 2013.
At least I will be able to have a proper meal over Christmas :)
How is your refeeding going?

thats great news thats who i saw on tuesday they are lovely i got surgery date for jan 7th. thats quick i waited a few weeks before i got my appointment so thats really good xx

O so milk it is for you over Xmas :)

I was told I will get a date for surgery on the 4th when I see Mr Whitelaw. That was accompanied by a warning that I will be back on the milk diet for at least two maybe three weeks before surgery. So I am looking at the end of January for surgery.

Which op have you agreed with them to have? I am leaning towards the sleeve.

To be honest more than likely not such a bad thing starting the milk diet Xmas day. It will at least stop you from over indulging :( I am going to do my best to try and keep my eating under control. I would hate to put even a lb back on. You must be very pleased you got your date.

Have you lost much on the refeed diet?

Back