• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding problems.

lisa x

is very happy!
Hi...
Well i have been chasing my tail around the NHS funding departments for the last two days....:rolleyes:

After a month of being told to be patient by my GP I have found out what is happing.

Firstly as you some of you know I have a very unsupportive GP and have been told some lies from her how the system for funding works.(real whooper's)
I eventually got to speak to someone regarding funding today at Northamptonshire pct..

They have no information on me what so ever...:eek:!!!

So is was this a false application from my gp???...
Well according to the practice manager(at GP s) the information was sent off..!!
So where is my application..???..
The woman at the pct has no record of any application...
This is a chicken an egg situation....
The post office cant be that bad that the letter went missing surely!!!!
Anyhow I have asked the drs secretary to fax the application to the woman who I spoke to today at the pct.....
Lets hope my less than helpful doctors practice will do that so I can have the answer in the next week or so whether I have funding or not...
I am so annoyed right now....I know I have only waited a month(i know some of you guys have waited alot longer)but the Northampton pct said it was very straight forward if you hit criteria..

If I did my job as poorly as this I would be sacked!!!
rant over!!! sorry :)

cherry

i hope this is sorted soon, nothing worse than being messed around, best of luck x

drylaw

hope u get sorted now ur on their case

dottychic

Some of these so called professionals really shouldnt be allowed to treat people in this manner. I also "lost" months in my journey because of an inept GP. Hope you get it sorted soon X

Bev

It's a headache Lisa, what a runaround... exactly the same happened to me last year... it took a lot of perseverance and again... a year lost...
Good luck and kindest regards xxx

Bev

You will never be on your own love!
xxx

lisa x

is very happy!
Thanks Bev xx
I am grateful I have found this forum....I may not post much.
But I am glad you guys are here.xx

Bev

Aww bless you, I'm glad I have found you too...
It's a heck of a journey, but we have broad shoulders and the sharing and caring helps no end on our long path!
Please take good care xxx

drylaw

well ive just sent of an email to nicola sturgeon msp health and wellbeing minister
with regards to funding and referals in scotland or should i say lack of it
so hopefully i might be able to find out why im getting the run around

Bev

It is an ordeal... please take care of yourself amidst so much stress going on and hoping your letter will soon be with you and a very positive outcome. Kindest regards xxx

slimmerkay

No Lisa you're not alone. Quite a few of us seem to have the exact same problem.

My PCT hasn't seen my application either - despite it being sent 2 weeks ago ..... supposedly. And getting anyone to answer the phone at my PCT is next to impossible.

It's so frustrating. It may only be a month, a week, two weeks from applying for funding but most of us have been battling this weight problem for many many years.

Bev

Is it possible to argue the application to be backdated? xxx

lisa x

is very happy!
No Lisa you're not alone. Quite a few of us seem to have the exact same problem.

My PCT hasn't seen my application either - despite it being sent 2 weeks ago ..... supposedly. And getting anyone to answer the phone at my PCT is next to impossible.

It's so frustrating. It may only be a month, a week, two weeks from applying for funding but most of us have been battling this weight problem for many many years.

he he I just left a post on your thread too!!
I cant prove it yet(have not yet spoken to practice manager) but I think it was a false referral from GP..which the lady from the pct said is not uncommon.

Like I said ..I would be sacked for this amount of incompetence.
I am going to ring doctors later to make sure they have done what i have asked (which is faxing my application through today!!!)...I will update you later.
x x

You can always ask for a copy of the letter to be sent to you. I always do that (got a file full of them). You have a paper trail of evidence then, should anything go astray x

lisa x

is very happy!
I do have a letter ..but only confirming that they have sent the letter..I will ask them for a copy later on today.. xx thanks x

k8y bear

Fair Fat and over Fourty!
It never ceases to astonish me that GP's can be so unhelpfull, I met a lady yesterday (Walsall Area) who was told to get a job (after 35 years of working) and she'd feel better, if she stopped eating, he would give her a prescription for free gym sessions and that Walsall didn't do the op at all!! :eek:
Luckily she has got through by ways of complaints, but its wrong that people have to go through this poop.
Good luck to you and getting all the help you need xxxx

lisa x

is very happy!
Ok..I have received an email from the nice lady at the pct confirming they have my application(faxed from the G.P.)
at last !!!!!!!!
Now all I have do do is wait for a week.....to hear the decision...
The waiting is killing me...but I will let you know next week what the results are..
x x x x

slimmerkay

My dietician referred me for surgery. When I went to the GP (not my usual) he said my PCT wasn't giving funding anymore. Total TOSH !