• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gah, what an idiot

emma&alex

this is going to sound pathetic..but earlier i was giving alex his dinner and i picked a fishfinger up and bit it..it took me a second to realise what id just done...so i spat it out and rinsed my mouth up...i was really gutted.

now i know its not really going to make any difference but im terrified now that its going to make a difference on saturday...but i just checked my urine with a ketostick & it isnt going pink like it was the other day.

panic is setting in

Oops, try not to worry, drink lots of extra water to flush it thru xx

Don't panic, it was a bit of a fish finger!

I shouldn't admit it, but I had a HUGE chinese takeaway the night before my surgery.

Stop worrying, tomorrow is a new day

Rx

its a little urine dip stick thing that can test for ketones in your urine. you can get them from boots etc. i had them left over from my last cambridge diet attempt eheh

Don't panic, it was a bit of a fish finger!

I shouldn't admit it, but I had a HUGE chinese takeaway the night before my surgery.

Stop worrying, tomorrow is a new day

Rx

naughty!
i cant believe you had to guts to do that hehe, im terrified about anything passing my lips not on my diet sheet incase he doesnt do the op.
i didnt even eat the fish finger haha, thats the saddest part!

im not really, ive cheated enough by half chewing a bit of fishfinger

You can go in and out of ketosis for no apparant reason I think, I know that I sure do. Try not to worry too much, you will be fine.
Steph xx

P.S I meant that you can drop out of ketosis for no reason, not that there is no reason to be in it, we all know why we are.

Have you had anything with lemon? When I did LL I was told to never have lemon as it brings you out of ketosis.

well yeah, say not to have anything with citric in as it'll knock you out...but my diet sheet says i can have flavoured waters..which are usually banned on things like cambridge as they say it will knock you out of ketosis.

i am right in thinking that the whole liver shrinking thing is due to ketosis aren't i...?

yes the liver shrinking is due to ketosis / shrinking of the liver................. i was told the sticks arent always right so don't bother buying any....................

i am sure your be fine don't upset yourself over the fishfinger incident it didnt even go down. your doing great and your op will soon be here good luck xxx

Hi there this is the technical reason how our livers shrink, we do it, so the surgeon can see better what he is doing. A big liver can bleed more and present more risks too.

"By following a strict diet, your body reduces its glycogen stores (glycogen is a form of sugar stored in the liver and muscles for energy). With each ounce of glycogen, the body stores 3–4 ounces of water, so when you follow a very strict diet, especially one that is low in starch and sugar, your body loses its glycogen stores and some water. The liver shrinks as it has less glycogen and water in it."

This is from the BOSPA website.

I was never put on a pre-op diet and the night before I had a huge takeawy too - I was honest with my surgeon and asked why no pre-op for me, he said it was an admin error but my liver would be fine...and it was as I was bypassed! x

thanks for that, its made me feel a bit better.

ive lost 14lbs in 10 days on the pre op diet, so it will be mainly water im sure.

You're not the first and you won't be the last!

Relax and carry on with your pre op, you'll be fine! xx

Back