• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Cards..

I would be interested too. (although I've got a sleeve so not sure how your planning on wording it)

hanisreg, i would imagine the wording would be something like gastric surgery, rather a specific op.

You know dawny I hadn't thought about needing to wear some medical info about the bypass.
Do the doctors/nurses at Salford advise it all?and what do you need to put on an id tag/bracelet?
Thanks x

Hi guys still looking into this and getting quotes ... Just been poorly with tummy issues. Quotes I have had back range from £2 per card to £4 per card - depending on how many we get.

I will update everyone later and start coming up with designs..

aw i hope you feel better soon scarlet, just concentrate on getting well huni, the cards can wait for a while cant they, that amount sounds ok to me.

emm n emm, on mine ive got '' rny gastric bypass, no nsaids, no sugar, no blind ng tube, salford royal hosp. complex spinal con. and hospital number'' mine is just a stainless steel dog tag, and the company i got it from engraved for me, they also send a card, and a little open up card, where you can put more info, and then put it in your purse/handbag. there is also a tiny red st christopher type thing on the tag, with the medical logo on. oh and it has my name on other side of it. i got mine a few weeks after my op, and a nurse on here told us what to put, as she worked in a and e, and had one herself.
hope this helps, oh i got mine from 'universal medical' but there are a few others out there, just google it

I wear a sos tallisman on a bracelet and its quite nice, its the shape of a 50p coin and has and has a 2 tone purple enamel on it, so if you are wanting a meditag there are some nice ones to be found. I wear mine because I am diabetic but I am hoping after my bypass I wont need it anymore and I can go out untagged..

Hope you are feeling a bit better Scarlet (HUG) Like Dawn says make sure you look after yourself first! The price of the cards sounds fine to me too :D XX

Hi Scarlet, great idea and thanks for putting the effort in.
Please count me as a definite - Regards, Paul xx

I'd be really interested. We're off to Paris at end of April (won a comp) so perhaps I should have one in French! Only joking - English will do nicely!

I don't know if this has already been posted but I found out yesterday from a nice lady in L&D waiting room that BOSPA provide you with a card like this when you join - £15.00 lifetime membership.

Back