• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass next month

clairelou

Hi..im claire. I live in Newcastle with my 2 year old son AJ.

I just wanted to indroduce myself & also ask a few questions to those people who have had lap rny.

After trying wat seems like every diet under the sun..& failing miserably everytime to varying degrees I have scheduled to have WLS at manchester in the 28th june.

I have spent my whole life watching family members struggle with the whole weight thing & decided i don`t want the same for me.

I just want to be able to do things with my son without getting out of breath & embarrassed...so this will be a new start for us both. My doctor is very much pro diet & excercise & reluctant to even discuss alternatives..therefore i`m paying privately.

Some things i forgot to ask at my consult..

How bad can i expect the pain to be after surgery?

Is it easily manageable?

Having read thru some of the posts on this site i`d just like to say there is lots of inspiration on here & its a blessing to find a site like this

hi claire and welcome to minimins u will find loads of helpful advice here but if u need anymore im happy to help u can e mail me or msn me i dont mind which its [email protected] i had my bypass a year ago and have lost 8 stone il be glad to help u all i can ok take care xxx

Welcome to Minis - you will find loads of support here and people prepared to listen and answer any questions you may have, all from people who have been there and truly know what it is like. Good luck with your journey xx

Back