• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass

hi i'm new i was wondering if any has had their gastric bypass done on the nhs and if they haven't how much has it cost them

hi im new to the site and i thought i would say hi.i am nine weeks post gastric bypass which i ahve lost so far lost 6stone 4lb which is fantastic love it.. iv gone from size 30-32 to 24.
if anyone has any questiona at all just yell i will advise if i can and help. i went private and it cost me 12,000. but prob spent that 40 times over on joining diet clubs pills etc gym memberships. unfortunatley i had a really crappy docter and didnt help me at all hence going private.

well done to jules fgor booking yourop and getting a date it will be the best thingto happen to you in 2008. fantastic you go girl.

anyone please get in contact if you want any info

love kaz xx

hi jules, zoe and kaz i had my bypass four weeks ago ive lost 3 stone so far, i was lucky enough to get it on the nhs. i had dr fiennes he was fantastic, got my first post op appt next week. its lovely to hear from ppl who are further on, when could u eat normal food kaz? im still only comfortable on slop and im longing for a crispy green greek salad!!! what excersise do u do? is there any advice u can give on foods that speed up the weightloss? im a bit stuck on the slop at the mo, havent lost in a week and want to do all the positive things i can to speed it up. another thing im worried about is excess skin... any advice on that???
Donna xxx

hi
i had my bypass 7 weeks ago at leeds nuffield under prof mcmahon,i lost 2 and a half stone in the first 5 weeks, but the last 2 i have stuck, not gone up but not gone down.
i am so frustrated.
alison

Hi Jules,
I hope the consultation goes well tonight. I'm the same asking loads of questions! lol. I figure it's the best way to make a decision if you know everything possible.
I had my consultation a couple of weeks ago and am having the gastric bypass on May 31st at Spire Hospital in Manchester. So you see, we're not far away!
If you have any quesations, let me know and I will see if i have asked them already so that I can answer them for you...

hi
i had my bypass 7 weeks ago at leeds nuffield under prof mcmahon,i lost 2 and a half stone in the first 5 weeks, but the last 2 i have stuck, not gone up but not gone down.
i am so frustrated.
alison
hi alison, i too am having a gastric bypass at nuffields by prof mcmahon on the 6th june...getting nervous now, how did you get on???

hi michelle
i am 13 weeks post op and 3 and a half stone down , m waiting for my 3 month check not heard anything yet.
my friend had her's done last week by the prof too.
i can eat most anything now, the things i want to discuss with him is why i can eat more than i thought, y am i constipated often.
i asked him at the four week check y i wasn't lose much, i'm afraid his answer was "you weren't that big to start with" which wasn't the answer i wanted :( i was 20 stone 10 pounds when i started.
i had no trouble with the op.
well how did your op go u must be home by now.
sorry i didn't reply sooner got hooked in the arcade :)

Back