• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Wrap V Banding .. in a right pickle

piratess

I really confused now!
I spoke on the phone this afternoon to a lovely man from cosmetic bliss, and he said to me about the wrap, I am interested in considering it but don't know enough about it long term.
He then said he would email me information about banding and the wrap and went on to say that out there band surgery and wrap this yr they had only done one band!

I don't know what to do now:-/

Last edited:
It's a toughie!
I think I like the idea of not having any foreign objects inside and instant restriction though.
Whatever happens, you'll still be one of the gang !!

Mark just asked about the restriction thing? He said obviosuly with the band you find restriction by having fills, how do they know what you'll need by having a wrap?

Oh i'm so confused I'm not sleeping as it is thinking about this band but now :-( xx

I am a wrapper and it is more like the sleeve than the band hence no need for refills, i think the only difference between the wrap and the sleeve is that the stomach isn't removed with the wrap.

Hi mummy thanks :)
How long ago did you have your op? And which company did you go with?

how has your recovery and weight loss been?

Thanks so much for replying ... I've been looking at banding for around 10 months and now this has been suggested it's baffled me all over again lol

Neen I'll try and change it when I get on the lappy in a mo, and probs I'll private you xxxx

My surgery was done in Prague by Professor Martin Fried who is one of the founders of the gastric Wrap, it was through a company called BBC Direct who were very helpful and available 24/7.

I am 8 days post surgery and have lost 1 stone 4lbs. When i was looking at the different types of surgery i was told banding wouldn't work for me as i was more of a comfort eater than a big meal eater, i was told that a gastric bypass may have to be done through open surgery as i have had 3 previous c-sections. I decided to go for the wrap because the recorded rates of complications was lower than the other surgeries and also because even though there isn't the amount of long term research available on weight loss it seems to be inline with the sleeve and bypass.

If you have any other questions please ask

Kirsty

Awww thanks so much Kirsty (same as me) ....

It all seems so daunting trying to find out about these things doesnt it.
are you able to eat most things now? is your weight loss including your pre-op?
and if i can be rude how much did your op cost you?

The bit where you said your a comfort eater i am also at times, emotional and i graze alot to ...

somone on a different forum said that you get the hunger feeling most of the time and that she is having to eat ever 1-2 hours to curb the hunger do you have this feeling also ?

xx thanks so much

Firstly my surgery cost £4550 as they are doing a special offer if you have surgery in May or June, that price is excluding flights and hotel but included my hospital stay which was supposed to have been 2 nights but i was kept another night at no charge as i was still being sick a lot.

I am still on the liquid diet which is for the first 2 weeks after surgery then you have 2 weeks of mushy food then slowly onto normal food.

I didn't really have to do any pre-op diet all i had to do was not eat meat or hard to digest food for about 5 days before surgery, only liquids for 24 hours before surgery and obviously nothing at all 12 hours before so all my weight loss is since surgery

My consultant told me that the part of the stomach that makes the hunger hormone is in the part thats wrapped up so you don't feel hungry and me personally, i haven't felt hungry in over a week and most days all i have had is tea, water or fruit juice.

At the moment i believe i made the right choice, having said that i am only 8 days post-op.

There are so many choices and so much to try and find out, to be honest i took a leap of faith with this procedure as i couldn't find too much information on the wrap.

Kirsty

Back