• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric wrap

angee

Hello I am 67 years old and am going to have a gastric wrap in Prague on Feb 13th with Body Beautiful:). The operation is less invasive so not so much risk for me. I understand the weight loss is more slow but hey better than the nothing I can keep off now and I am hoping to be walking better with less weight on my arthritic knees

Welcome to the site hun.

Good luck with your op xx

Welcome Hun n gud luck wiv ur op ;) x

Angie, welcome to the site and best wishes with your op.

I think you are quite brave to have made a decision like that at 67, although the gastric wrap is one of the safest surgeries, not involving cutting away any of the stomach.

I do hope it will bring you the extra value to your life that you obviously are seeking.

Yes ai am hoping for greater mobility as I have arthritis in the knees and am very slow getting around. One company did turn me down because of my age but I am not worried as my mother has just had a hip replacement on the NHS at the age of 92 years. I do feel a bit guilty about much younger people who have a poor quality of life.

Good luck and welcome to the site xx

goodluck x

welcome n good luck for ya op x

Hi, Can someone please tell me what a gastric wrap is please ? x

A gastric wrap can be carried out using keyhole surgery and involves folding the stomach in on itself and then the edges are stitched to turn the stomach into a narrow tube therefore restricting the amount of food that can be consumed.

xx:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Well done you!! Anytime has got to be the right time to make the decision on a new you. Good luck and I will keep my eye out for you running marathons!!

It's called a gastric plication in America. So, you get more hits on Google with that. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of it being done. I have been watching them as I am considering it!
Good luck xxx

It's called a gastric plication in America. So, you get more hits on Google with that. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of it being done. I have been watching them as I am considering it!
Good luck xxx

Ewwwwwwwwww I'm rubbish at watching it on TV ... I even have fast forward Hollby & Casualty on the gory bits LOL!!!!! x
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lol I'm a nurse so not bothered. But, there are good non gory diagrams as well on Google. xx.

Back