• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

getting really nervous

vonny

I've got an appointment at the Homerton next Thursday (13th), its my second appointment with the dieticans, I know ive put a small amount of weight on since my August appointment only a few lbs but im really worried they will cancel the surgery due next month. Im working really hard to shift it im on slim fast and doing around an hours work out on the wii fit amoungst all my other daily duties (ive got two young boys which are very hard work).

I've got so many questions Im not sure where to start so will just type them. Im having the Sleeve gastrictomy and i currently weigh 20st 8lbs.

• The hair loss issue how often does it happen? and how quick does it come back?
  • How long is the stay in hospital, i was told 3-5 days but have been sent a letter saying i'm having it in day surgery, do you think this is a mistake or could i really be in and out in the same day?
well thats all i can think of at the moment really hope someone can answer this:sigh:

i had my op at homerton in october 10. I did not lose much weight until I started the pre-op diet.

The day surgery suite does various ops not just bariatrics, so indeed some people might be dicharged after surgerym however they keep bariatric patients in. I stayed in for 2 nights, had op on wednes was discharged on friday but it depends on how u are doing.

I have not experienced hair loss so far, so can;t really comment although from reading here people have said it grows back fairly quick.

Thank you thats made me feel a little at easy, im so nervous its unreal. I saw Mr Mannur and he just said that i'd loose enough on the preop diet but im just getting worried.
Just thought of another question
whats the pre op diet like? they didnt say too much about that at the appointment just said i would have to go on one!

I too have my appt next thursday, with the whole team individually. I have also put on weight since I was referred, so am trying really hard to shift it.

Regarding questions to ask, there is a thread on the forum
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wlsurgery/125754-questions-surgeon-during-consultation.html
that is good to read through and adapt to what you want to know when you visit.

I hope to be offered the gastric sleeve and from my research you are kept in 2 or 3 days.

Each surgeon seems to have their own pre-op diet, but they will go through this with you at the right time. Some are milk diets, some are very low fat and some people don't need one at all (although I think this is for people with a lower bmi than us - we are just about the same weight).

Try not to worry too much, do your best to lose weight you still have over a week to go before your appointment. Most of all don't let yourself get too stressed about it all - I find when I am really stressed it is much harder to follow a diet.

thank you

Pre op diets are either milk and yoghurt or low carb.

less than a week to go before the next appointment still feeling really nervous been working out on the wii, although took tonight off as i needed a break.
Anyway was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect at the next one with the dieticians? xxx

thanks hun i've come off it as it was playing havoc with my intestines, just weighed myself and really upset as ive put on again i hope they dont cancel the surgery, im exercising like crazy and eating health too :-(

Back