• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP NEEDED..Salford Royal Patient..REPLIES ARE GRATEFUL

Yes Emma, we will speak soon, are any of you free for the Salford meeting on 1st September at 7pm (Mayo Building, at the back of the Salford Royal, next to the multi storey car park?).
Would be great to see you and sending loads of love xxx

hi emma huni, im quite a newbie really, i had my bypass on 30 april this year. i c an eat more or less anything now, i do try and keep away from anything with high sugar levels in, and also high fat levels, but ive found it ok so far. good on u for getting your blender, its whey powder you want, thats easily digested by us. i also bought a few of the protein bars too, along with a shaker mixer, that was under £2. i also bought some flavouring for the whey powder, i got a strawberry and a choccie, but i only put a tiny bit of it in, just to give it a little flavour. its great that your getting yourself organised now, cos it will make it easier later on. tell you what else u could get, some porridge, that is ideal for when u go onto pureed food after about 3 weeks. also had muller yogurts, but i didnt eat the fruity bit, i just had the yogurt, and i had tinned tomato soup, although funnily enough, that does have a fair bit of sugar in it, but i was ok with it, a normal tin did me about 3 meals. theres also things like options drinks, and there must have been other stuff, oh yeah, sugar free jellies, they are fantastic, i got some sugar free custard and had that with the jelly, cold of course, lol. if i can think of anything else ill let u know. once u get onto purees its a bit easier, but ill go through that another day. hope ur feeling ok today, hugs n snugs x

Hope you are feeling better this morning Dawn... thinking of you xxx

hi bev, emma,
bev its blumming raining again, i had a yukky night and keep trying to doze off now, but am sore. i hate the wet weather, i really do. anyway how are you today, are u feeling any better, i hope the nausea has gone and u had a good night. ive just taken my meds, so will prob doze off in a bit, well i usually do, so am hoping ill feel a bit better after that, fingers crossed. see ya on the boards later. hugs x

hi dawn and bev,

dawn I live in denton,manchester.
Can I ask you how long you had to go on your pre-op diet for ? what sort of things did you have to have..

speak soon xx

hi emma, i was only on my pre op diet for a few days, as i only got a few d ays notice of my surgery, i just got a phone call from mr ammoris secretary asking if i could go in in a few days time, so they had to rush a pre op through for me. i basically followed a diet similar to what im on now, which is high protein, low carbs, so i ate eggs, fish, chicken, with veg or salad. unfortunately one of my problems which i still have now is, im an eratic eater, i dont eat the standard 3 meals a day, i only eat when im hungry, and some days that means i dont eat a great deal at all. ive been told that thats why i had a weight problem in the first place, cos my body went into starvation mode, so hung onto fat. i am getting better now, but i do sometimes hav to force myself to eat. one thing u could do if your not sure how to eat, is go on that slim fast diet, a lot of the girls go on that, they have to 2 slimfast during the day, and then a ww meal at night. hope ive answered enuff for u huni, hugs xx

Hope you are feeling better today Dawn and the sun is shining here, so hope it is the same in your neck of the woods... so you are in less pain Angel...

Emma, I'm pre op... but will be following the excellent guidance I am learning on here... I think that is a good appraisal Dawn and thank you so much again.... loads of love coming your way xxx

hi bev huni, the weather is nice today, ive actually managed to put some washing out, woo hoo. but for some reason i can still feel damp in the air, so am cautiously optimistic at the moment. fingers crossed any dampness/rain holds off, its weird cos i can still feel my damp niggles in the background, if you can understand that, lol, anyway im enjoying the nice day wile i can. love n big hugs to u huni, x

Bless you love and take really good care... maybe we should be thinking of a nice little villa in Spain for you? You'd benefit from a decent climate Dawn...

Hugs and love xxx

hi dawn,

you know what,I am so similar to you,thats just what I do now,I can eat 1 proper meal,and then I pick throughout the day.
How much weight have you lost in total ?
I dont know if Ive asked you this before but who did your op ?Im under dr ammori,but a miss formela is doing it.
Ive got to start this diet soon,but I am gutted as its for 4 weeks,and Im on a night out next week,I dont know if I will ruin the diet If I have a drink on it,I rarely go out as it is!! do you think I night of alchol will ruin the liver shrink?
and the diet they sent..well it doesnt tell you much.
It says I can have 2oz of fish/meat,
and low fat yogurt,1/3 pint semi milk(is this up to 3 pints of milk,or a third of pint)2 pieces of fruit etc etc..oh and non starchy veg(I only know potatoes as starchy)
Anyway thanks for always answering my questions,ur a star!where do u live ?
and what do you reckon to the nite out for me?

by the way have you ever suffered with any pain after the bypass?

cheers xxxx

hi emma, i am under mr ammori, but it was another member of his team who did my surgery, and i have no complaints. i shouldnt think one night out will do a lot of damage, when u think of it, i only did the diet for a few days, but was ok. but i would try and keep to it as well as u can apart from that. i reckon a good way is either the slimfast or have porridge, for brekky, then say meat n salad for lunch and meat n veg for tea. personally i would just have the slimfast x2 and a meal at night. i never really got into it, cos i didnt have time,
the only pain i really got after the op was tenderness on my tummy, and wind pains, but i found that for me, lying fairly flat with my knees up then having a little walk round seemed to ease it. but i think we all find our own way round that one. now i still have a little tenderness to the left of my tummy, but its not bad and dosnt bother me.
i live in irlam, not far from the trafford centre.
and ive lost 3 stone up to now. which isnt a lot when u think of what some ppl lose in 4 months, but i didnt have that much to lose anyway really, ive only got 1and a half -2 stone to go. but my bmi has come down from 40 to 31,, so im well chuffed.
i dont tend to go out much, im housebound and only go out when my daughters take me out. and i cant walk far, i use a wheelchair outside, and walk round the furniture in the house. we could think of something else though at some time, hugs x

hey bev, i think we could all do with a nice villa in a decent climate. it would do us all a lot of good. i think cos this pain has dragged on for so long now, and its getting worse all the time, im just getting tired of it, and the neuro pain is getting worse as well, so i think its weariness some times, and with being stuck in all the time as well, that dosnt help. although now kristi has the car on the road, i am getting out a bit more, i just have to make sure i have a couple of days in between to recover, lol

I understand Dawn... I have a couple of more active days, I've just had two days unable to move with pain... but I shall try to get myself going as soon as I can... I have to really push myself at times....

Enjoy your Saturday night in and I always think Saturdays at home are lovely these days...

Take care Dawn, you are precious xxx

unfortunately bev, saturdays are usually just like any other days for me, i dont often get out, and specially not at a weekend, oh i sometimes sit outside in the nice weather, but the girls all have their plans at a weekend, so if i do get out it is normally during the week, but i dont get out every week, which isnt as bad as it sounds, cos i have my craft stuff to keep me occupied. thats why im looking forward to my back op, im hoping i might get out more often after that, fingers crossed.

hi dawn and bev,

Ive started my pre op diet today,and got Ive got tummy ache.
Theres hardly any food at all on the diet sheet!
Im feel a bit rubbish today..

Hi ladies,

hope your all doing well?

Not been around, been very busy @ work & with the new bloke!

I'm really hoping to get to the next meeting at the Mayo, so hope to see some of you there x

Heyyy Gail......good to hear from you :D Im so pleased things are going well for you.....escecially with the new bloke ;) Lucky mare!
Im hoping to get to the next meeting at salford, theres a meet at the Trafford Centre too on the 12th Sept if you can make it.
Ive got my confirmation now.....27th Sept :D cant wait!
Keep in touch, and I hope things stay good for you :D x

hi galm,

Im having abit of a bad day,Ive strarted to try and get organised (hospital bag)but unsure of what to take,and also worrying what to buy in the food cupboard for after op..And this pre op diet Ive started today for 4 weeks.

speak soon

Back