• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP NEEDED..Salford Royal Patient..REPLIES ARE GRATEFUL

Hi Jacqui, Wooohooo your on your way!

I've just replied to your pre op diet thread.

What time & where's the meeting at the Trafford Centre?

It would be great to catch up x

I think its going to be 11.30, to the left of the big screen in the Orient. The usual placer Shell said but I havnt been to one before. I hope I can, hubby works 1 in 4 Sundays so Im hoping it wont clash :D x

hi gail,

hope you dont mind me asking,but have you suffered with any hairloss at all ?and have you done anything to prevent it..many thanks

hi gail,

hope you dont mind me asking,but have you suffered with any hairloss at all ?and have you done anything to prevent it..many thanks

Hi Emma-louise
I have, but saying that, it's not been too bad. I have very curly hair and usually loose a fair bit anyway. I had been taking Silica Complex (3 a day) from Holland & Barret, I've change them now to Perfectil skin, hair & nails from Boots. It seems to have lessened now, but I'm over 6 months out, so it might be that or the new stuff from Boots! Don't care, I'm gonna carry on taking them for a while.

With regards to the stuff to take into hospital with you. I took PJ's, sports bra (no bones in it) toiletries & something to read. Your only supposed to be in there over night & your gonna be out of it for most of that. You don't need to take too much in with you as you'll need to carry your bag & don't want it to be too heavy.

As for after the op, I made all my own soups so I knew what I was eating. Cooked up batches as various stages, really liquid, bit thicker, pureed then some with bits in to get me through the different stages. Froze it all so I didn't have to worry if I didn't feel up to cooking. Yoghurts and sugar free squash were the only other things I bought in.

I hope your feeling a bit better soon. The pre-op seems like a nightmare, but honestly after a couple of days & knowing that this will be your last 'diet' should get you through it.

Wishing you the very best x

i cant understand how come your on it for 4 weeks, im sure i wasnt told that long, even though i did only get a weeks notice anyway in the end, have u checked that it is 4 weeks and not 2 emma, id ring gill up, mr ammoris secretary. i was really lucky when u think about it, i only did it for a few days, but basically just think of salads, veg, protein, let us know if you ring gill up, u might get a couple of weeks reprive. hugs

hi gail,

thanks for the message,
I too have bought some silica from holland and barrett,Ive already started to take them.
But I did read about the perfectil..the only thing is that they are exspensive arent they.
I have only packed one nightie,and I read others take a few and yes I thought not too take too much as your(out of it).
Would you mind me asking do you have any probs(pain)now at all,as you quite a few months post op.
And do you take protein shakes?
I have around 10 stone to lose,how much weight did you lose a month,sorry for all questions!

many thanks x
hope u dont mind me message you

hi dawn,

I think I may ring tommorow,but in a way I know I should just get on with it,after all its for my benefit!
Im just a bit fed up I think..lol ill snap out of it!
by the way I agree u could do with a lovely warm holiday.

xxx hugs

Hi Emma-louise
I very rarley use protein shakes now as I get 60-80g a day in easily.

If you click on the tread on the bottom of my post, it's will take you to my weigh in thread. I've not lost any big amounts since about the 3rd week, but I've lost 2-3lbs most weeks - started off at 17st 5lb and need to be 10 st, I think I've got 20lbs left to go to target.

Reactions: Bev
ooh yeah emma a nice warm holiday would be nice, id like to be able to go abroad for the winter, but in this country it dont make much difference does it, lol. id still ring anyway, cos if you do get let off with a couple of weeks, u can get some stuff in ready. i was in hospital from friday am, had op fri am. and came home sunday evening. so u wont need too much, and u will be a bit dozy anyway. hugs

hi gail again,

hope you get this message,but someone told me you had a lady surgeon at salford..was it miss formela?
as Im having her do my op,and wondered what you thought of your operation with her? Ive been very nervous today,so any info would be great..

speak soon hopefully x

emma, if its the lady doctor on mr ammoris team, he personally trained her himself, and shes a very good surgeon in her own right. i woudnt worry who does your op huni, they are all so highly trained, and their record is second to none. so put your worries on that score to the back of your mind. you seem to have everything in your bag now, i would put a couple of sanitary towels in, asive heard that a lot of the girls start on a period for some reason, better to be safe than sorry. am thinking about you and hope the time comes round really quick for you. hugs n snugs
dawny x

hi dawny,

yes Ive just put those in..Im going shopping food tomnmorow,and Im forgetting what Ive asked people on here! but have you ideas of what to buy for the liquid stage of diet..I know oxo up to now!..lol
Do you know if you can eat protien after op if its really blended down ?,,im confused on what to eat after..

thanks x

hi em, right, get yourself some marvel, its dried milk and they sell it at supermarkets, add a couple of really big spoonfuls to a bottle of milk, and that instantly ups the protein, you can do with the milk what u want , make milky coffee, horlicks, drinking choc, milkshakes, or drink it on its own. if u want you can use oxos or bovril, you can if u want, buy some protein powder, and add that to soups, yogurts, milk shakes, etc. you can also have soups, but they need sieving first, i reckon thatwill be enough to be going on with. most of all, dont panic, things will get sortd out, theres def no need to panic. theyll also give u some ideas in hospita what to do. i hpe this has helped a bit huni. hugs n snugs

Back