• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP NEEDED..Salford Royal Patient..REPLIES ARE GRATEFUL

hi emma louise, i dont have periods now, ive had a hysterectomy, but i know a lot of the girls do come on a period either just before or after the op, so it might be a good idea to take something in just in case, as for wind relief stuff, i didnt take anything in, but it might be a good idea to have something with you, but check with the nursing staff before you actually take anything, cos they will probably give you fast tabs, to stop acid on your stomach, you will be on thse for life, and for the first 6 months they are twice a day, then once a day after that, but i dont think you ar supposed to take certain things at the same time, so its worth checking. i found that my wind was eased a lot by lying flat when i was in bed, but to also get up as often as i could and potter around, i just went to the bathroom and back once every couple of houurs, but some of the others might suggest more often than that, but i have a problem walking so that was more than enough for me, lol. i bet your getting really excited now arnt you, good luck with it huni, you will be fine. dont hesitate to ask if you need any more help. hugs dawny x

thanks dawny,

Im worried like sick to be honest,well im very nervous.
Ive started writing a list down of things Im going to need to take to hospital,and all equipment I may need after,like a blender,scales etc..do you know about any vitamins,protien shakes or anything else you may have took,and things to help with hairloss,sorry to ask lots of questions,but ur such a help..

thanks again

dont be scared emma, youll be fine, they are great there, i have had several ops there in the last few years, and cant say ive got one single complaint. as for equipment, i dont use scales, i have a little hand blender that i got from tesco, its a tesco hand blender, under a fiver. your gp will be sent info on vitamins etc that you need, and the hospital will give you a list of what your gp will give you anyway, you dont start taking any of them till your on pureed food which is 3 weeks after surgery. as for hair loss, that dosnt happen for a while, i started to lose some about a month ago, but it isnt that much, so ive just left it and willsee how i go on, then i might ask the doc for some selinium/zinc tablets which are supposed to help. i also got some protein powder from a company called 'my protein' just google it, they are about the cheapest i could find. you can add it to milk, or put a little sugar free milk shake in it, i think crusha do one. but they do say to put some marvel into ss milk, and that is enough for your protein. im writing this really quickly as my tea is ready, but if you want me to, ill go through it in more detail for you later if you cant understand my garbled explanation, lol. see ya later huni, hugs dawny x

hi emma, did my last post makeany sense, i hope it did. please dont worry, although its understandable to be afraid, its a big journey into the unknown, but as u can see when you read what we all have to say, the great majority have very few problems, and the support u get from this group is second to none. u can ask anyone on here anything, no matter how trivial it may sound to u, and someone will be able to help you. i hope you are feeling a bit better now, and that the little information ive given you has helped. im here anytime you want to talk. hugs dawny x

Hello precious friends and hoping you are all getting on with you journeys... we are all at different stages, but we are united in this and I hope you are getting on alright Gail.

Dawn, I read you posts and they are wonderful. The encouragement you gave to me on my first few days on here were second to none, we still have to meet, but I am saving up hugs for you and I think you deserve all the luck in the world with what you have to put up with in addition to helping others...

I want to thank you again for helping me on my first few days of my journey, since you made a huge impression on me and you gave me time... I will always be so thankful for that... I can see you are doing exactly the same again for everyone... Bless you Dawn and hope you are feeling better.

I'm off to find the reputation button for you!

Much love always, Bev xxx

hi dawny,

thanks for the messages,I went to bed early as I was a bit upset.
Anyway,I dont want to sound thick,but whats marvel ?
and also the protein shakes do you have to take them straight after surgery to get your protein in?
I shall look at the web-site,and is there any pain relief you think I may need,I was also thinking to get a pill crusher as are tablets and vitamins hard to get down?do you mind if I message you again?
I got your friends request(but not sure if Ive done it ok)this site is very complex!
Can you send private messages at all?
but I want to thank you for your help so far

thanks so much xx

For some reason, it's saying that I have to spread reputation before giving it to you again Dawn, you deserve heaps of reputation and I will certainly be back... you are an absolute gem, given your own personal struggles... a true giver and until I can leave you reputation... I'm sending you a humungous hug, just for being you!
Thank you Dawn xxx

Emma Louise, I am wishing you well and thinking of you too... please lean on me too if I can be of any help.. I am still pre op, but will always be here for anyone...

Much love to you and take good care xxx

I am plodding on thank you Emma Louise, hope today is going to be a good day for you and we just have to keep putting our positive foot forward and mooching along together... sending you a loving hug and very best wishes xxx

hi emma, i hope your feeling better today huni, i know its very frightening when your into a journey of the unknown. marvel is just like dried milk, its the original one thats been out for years, u can get supermarkets own makes, but i reckon marvel is probably about the best, you can either just sprinkle it in your tea/coffee, or u can add it to water and it makes milk. but if you actually add it to semi skimmed milk, its ups the protein levels, but dosnt alter the taste. any meds you need including pain meds, they will give you in hospital, and some of them will be in liquid form, you could get yourself some soluble paracetamol in for when you get home, or get some of your gp. but you probably wont need more than that by the time you get home. the vitamins you get will probably be in capsule form, these will be from your own gp but you wont start taking them till about 3 weeks after your op, when u go onto pureed food, so dont worry about that huni. as for the protein powder, its up to u personally if you use it or not, i personally do, but thats cos i know i dont get enough down me through normal eating. a lot of ppl can manage to do it through their meals. it wouldnt do any harm to get some in, and use it to make milk shakes with, that way you know your definatley getting enough, we need protein to help us to heal. but it is personal choice. you can ask me anything, anytime you want huni, and if i can help i will. this is the best thing i have ever done, and if i can help to allay anyones fears about it or help, i will, cos i know what it means to me. hope you have a better day today, hugs, dawny x

hiya bev me mucker, how are you today, i dont understnad you, your here giving me compliments, and look at all you do, your there cheering everybody on, and consistantly there for people, im very hit n miss, although i dont mean to be, i just dont seem to be as strong as you, u have loads of problems, yet u seem to be able to overcome them, unfortunately im not that strong. but when im able i want to do what i can, and just hope that i can do it more often than not. i dont understand that reputation thing, ive only used it once, and that was hit n miss, lol im a bit like emma-l, i dont undersand a lot about the site, lol.
i feel as though we havent spoken for ages, even though ive been following you, so thats not so bad.
see ya later huni. hugs x

emma, i think you have to have 50 posts before u can snd private messages, the easiest way to do it, is to go on the word association threads, they bump u up a fair bit, then u can send private messages.
hugs x

Hello Dawn (Angel), so pleased to hear from you.

Do hope that you are doing ok, I am always thinking of your health and wishing you well.

I'm sticking hard to my diet, but have not felt brilliant this last day or two, now and again, the cancer treatment takes effect and the sickness starts, plus nausea... I'm certainly not moaning love, as we all put up with such a lot... a little gentle rest may help me and then I can get moving again... could hardly straighten up this morning.

The sun is shining for now... so I'm leaving you with a big cheery smile and hug Dawn... take care and I'll be looking forward so much to meeting you soon... look after yourself.

xxx

oooh bev, i hate it when im nauseus, id rather be sick than just feel sick. do u still have treatment for the cancer, or is it just the after effects now. and i know what u mean about not being able to move in a morning, its like being an ironing board aint it, lol. the weather affects me a lot, the slightest whiff of damp in the air, and thats it, my ankle, and knee start off, plus the artritus in my back starts, then that aggravates everything else, and before i know it i cant move with the pain. so on that score i so feel for u. but on top of that you have the other things, i really think your sooo brave. and then the fact that u can overcome it is brilliant. i hope the nausea goes for you soon, does ginger help it, when my mum was having chemo, she used to cut a small piece of stem ginger into a just and add boiling water, and let it cool, then she stirred it every time she wanted a d rink, and that helped with it.
hugs x

Thank you Angel, I finished radiotherapy 3 months ago and I take quite a lot of pills for prevention... so they make me feel unwell. The ginger did work at times for me love.

Hope you are having a better day... I am trying to get myself moving.. I'll bounce back... maybe tomorrow I can get going after a good rest today...

Loads of love to you Dawn and don't forget, I 'm saving a huge hug for you! Take special care xxx

hi huni, i do hope u feel better soon, i was fine this morning, well, as fine as i get anyway, lol. this afternoon ive started to feel really yukky and the pain has increased quite a lot, i just cant get my back comfy, i took some co-codamol, they sometimes take the edge of it, but they havent helped. then i realised its been raining and i didnt know, its only when i heard the kiddies outside talking about it that i knew. i wouldnt mind, but i had washing outside this morning, anyway, that explains whats wrong. so im just gonna try and get as comfy as i can and chill. i do hope your feeling a bit better huni, and im looking forward to meeting you soon. how did u go on with your scan by the way. hugs n snugs

Get snuggled Dawn and hoping we get some better weather to soothe your arthritis... I am really having a sickly day today.. but still pushing myself to get things done... it doesn't help me to stay still for long.. or I seize up..
Loads of love to you and yours xxx

i have sort of the oppisite problem with my spine, because a lot of it now is 'bone on bone' too much movement is extremely painful, but also quickens the degeneration, thats why he wont let me have any more spinal epidurals, because i will do too much and it will speed it all up. but even if i wantd to, i can only do so much, because of this stupid thing. it rules my life, like you i try to find a positive in every negative situation, just some times its harder than others. lol i think im becoming a wimp in my old age. anyway huni. i really do hope u feel a lot better tomorrow. and im hoping for a dry day, lol
hugs n snugs x

hi bev and dawn,

thanks for your lovely messages,I feel better today.
I bought myself a hand blender today to put away ready for later,how long ago did you have your op dawn?
do you eat quite normally now? as sometimes wonder what its going to be like around my family at meal-times after the operation.
I had a look on that web-site and I didnt have a clue on what to look for..could you advise anything?as I definetly want to get in protein shakes,as its not getting the protein in the diet afterwards that increase your changes of loosing hair(so Ive read).
It would make me feel so much better getting all things organised before I have the operation(its my way of dealing with things)Im a very organised person! too much sometimes.

speak soon to you both xxx

Back