• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting referred by GP

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
Does anyone have any tips on getting referred by the GP? I have an appointment on Wednesday morning with my favourite GP. I have prepared a document to give her that gives are pertinent information (former occupational hazard as a lawyer).
laugh2.gif

I have laid out my current weight and BMI, healthy weight and BMI, the NICE guidelines and my PCT guidelines which are the same, my medical history, family medical history, historical weight and diet failures, my co-morbidities and the exact reason for my request.

I just want to make sure I am not giving the PCT any reason to deny me. I am terrified!

Hello there

seems you have everything in hand, you could always make a lists of questions you would like to ask etc........am sure someone else will come along with any additional info or you.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress

all the best - mejulie xx

Good luck with your GP. You say this is your favourite Gp so I guess you see them often? If this is the case then they will be aware of your health status and of the way you've tried to lose weight with diets etc. Go in there and ask outright, be positive and as you have already got a list for them then this should help.Wishing you all the best for wednesday. xxGaynorxx

Thank you for your replies. My favourite GP is aware of certain elements of my weight loss attempts but she has only been my GP for 18 months. She is more aware of some serious health problems my twin daughters have.

It is in my file that I have Lupus as well as PCOS and infertility. She knows my asthma is not well controlled due to my weight. She is aware that my dad has had 7 heart attacks and heart disease and my mum is diabetic. All of my siblings are diabetic and two have heart disease in their early 40's.

I know she will listen to what I have to say. She seems very approachable and has gotten one of my neighbours the PCT funds for a tummy tuck after extreme weight loss. This whole process does scare me but I wil going to go in and fight it for all I am worth. My colleagues in my law office called me a Bulldog since I refused to give up when I really want something.

Well "Bulldog" get yourself down there on wednesday and let the GP know exactly what you want.Let the GP know what you have researched and go with a positive attitude as this will help, if you feel confident then the doc will listen.

Don't worry love, Look at me, i had to go through 4 doctors and at the end i got the referral last friday. I took all the info's that you are taking and also took a 12 page document which i have made by researching on ' pregnancy after gastric bypass surgery' as i am also suffering from PCOS and infertility. I recently have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and already have high blood pressure. my doctor saw all these and said i meet all the criteria so she refered me. I hope u will also get what you want. fingers crossed for you dear.

Back