• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going for it....

icemoose

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Well Jo and I have been away the weekend which is why I haven't been about on here.

Anyway have decided over the weekend to go for a TT and will be making the arrangements this week.

Have got my 5 grand in my left hand and my loose skin in my right and will be finally getting the six pack that has always been there just hiding a bit.

Wish me luck and will post on here all the way through consultation to actually having it all cut off!

Mike

Wow good luck with that Mike, it is a brave decision and I will be reading your progress with massive interest.

Wow, wishing you all the luck in the world Mike! :D

Hi Mike,

I dont think I have posted to you before but I read your iblog and you are inspirational! I am currently 16 stone 13lbs and at my heaviest I was 19 1/2 stone (albeit pregnant with twins!) but I will have to make a decision whether to have a TT when I get near to goal. My stomach is pretty scary now so I dread to think what 6 or more stone loss is going to do:eek: .

I will look forward to reading all about it - lead the way...good luck.:)

Andi

Well I have finished my weight loss some 6 or 7 months ago and honestly my skin is exactly the same as it was when I finished losing weight.

On the diet I did 7 litres a day, I used Biooil twice a day, I used Phytomer Bath Stuff every day and used scrubbing brushes. But it has made no difference at all to the actual loose skin. The tone of my skin is absolutely fine and the biooil is great for scarring and stretch marks but it does nothing for loose skin.

I also have used a Slendertone Max for 16 weeks and it is superb and I do have very very strong stomach muscles now BUT it has done nothing for the skin so I am afraid it is time to let the surgeon do the job!

I have been in touch with BUPA today for an informal consultatation in Norwich and they are giving me indicative pricing of £4500 - 6000 depending on what I want (not sure what that meant but hey!!)

I have thought about going abroad as I know it can be a lot cheaper BUT I am afraid if something goes wrong so will be staying in the UK. I will also be talking to Haylee who has recently had a TT and is very very pleased with her results and having seen her scars they are remarkable for such a short time after the op.

I need to find out tomorrow whether I can have time off sick from work or whether I will need to take leave as the girl on the phone said you would be looking at 2 to 4 weeks off of work.

M.

Hi Mike,

I dont think I have posted to you before but I read your iblog and you are inspirational! I am currently 16 stone 13lbs and at my heaviest I was 19 1/2 stone (albeit pregnant with twins!) but I will have to make a decision whether to have a TT when I get near to goal. My stomach is pretty scary now so I dread to think what 6 or more stone loss is going to do:eek: .

I will look forward to reading all about it - lead the way...good luck.:)

Andi

Hiya Andi and thanks.

Well done on the loss so far and you'll be at goal in no time!!

Mike

Hi Mike,

Have you spoken to Sassy's surgeon - he might do Mates Rates LOL

Good luck with the TT Mike - will be watching out for progress :)

You truly are an inspiration - loved your blog....in fact it spurred me on to do CD myself !!

I will post up some pickies of the before and after just to put you off your spicy tomato soups.

Mike

Sassy was insistent on showing me her scars, tiny tho they were I am so squimish I felt a little queasy.

The final result looks great though - you having the boobies done too:p

I was thinking about it but can only afford the TT!

M.

Hi Mike,

Well you have done ever thing possible and if you feel this is the way to go next, go for it.

I would like to wish you all the best and I feel you deserve to have the whole package as you are so young and you can make the best of it.

The problem of loose skin weighs heavy on all of us who have big weight to lose, but at the end of the day I feel my health is the most important. I feel very squeamish about having work done if it comes to it and where as before I could watch all those programmes with great curiosity and interest, now I feel every move, cut, stitch and pain of the patient.

But I am sure my vanity would over come all and go under the knife if I have too!

We will be with you all the way...

Love Mini xxx

Hi Mike,

I dont know if you remember me from ages ago on DH but i post on there for a bit!

I've got a consultation with The Hospital Group on the 17th September for a tummy tuck. I dont think i'll need a full blown one, just the overhang removal so am hoping i'll be having a mini tummy tuck instead which is a bit cheaper. I'll be hoping to have it done w/c 18th December depending on if i can afford it but am really excited that it might actually happen!

Let me know how you get on and i'll kep you informed too, we can go through this together lol.

Snail. x

I always said I wouldn't have it done but as the months have gone on I feel like I won't have finished losing weight until I have it done.

Have been to Human Resources this morning they are saying that unless the consultant puts it down for clinical reasons then I won't get the time off on sick leave and will need to take annual leave. So I now need to check for certain how long I would need off work.

M.

Hi Mike,

I dont know if you remember me from ages ago on DH but i post on there for a bit!

I've got a consultation with The Hospital Group on the 17th September for a tummy tuck. I dont think i'll need a full blown one, just the overhang removal so am hoping i'll be having a mini tummy tuck instead which is a bit cheaper. I'll be hoping to have it done w/c 18th December depending on if i can afford it but am really excited that it might actually happen!

Let me know how you get on and i'll kep you informed too, we can go through this together lol.

Snail. x

Hiya Snail :)

Sounds good to me

How much are you paying for the consultation?

M.

As far as ive read you need at least two weeks off work where you do nothing but rest then depending on how you're getting on you can return to work if it isnt strenuous.

I'm a student nurse and have got the perfect window of oppotunity in december, im off uni for two weeks starting w/c 18th then im in uni for three weeks which is 2-3 days a week of sitting in lectures (so not strenuous what-so-ever) then another 3 weeks off uni so that gives me 8 weeks to get over it before going out on my next placement (which will be A&E).

Back