• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

going out to dinner 3 weeks post op

Lily White

hi guys its my 30th next week and family are refusing to take no for an answer as we always go out for a meal for special occasions. Just wondering what i could eat i shoud still be on soft food so im not sure what type of resturant to pick. I love a local asian place i normally get noodles which have small pieces of chicken pork veg etc mixed through but i dont know would i be better off going italian and getting lasagne?:confused:

i agree with dee, something with mash would be best to be on the safe side, as it can be embarassing running off to be sick while others are having there meal, i usually plan ahead and have a look at the menu before booking a table to make sure theres something there i can eat.

Do your family know you have had the band fitted? If so, I would be inclined to tell them you would rather not go for a meal on this occasion. Perhaps you could just all go to the pub for a drink, or have people come to you at home.

I know its hard to let a birthday pass without celebrating it, but using food to celebrate every occasion is just one of the many reasons that I am now awaiting a bypass.

To be honest Id go for a pub and have cottage pie. Im 4 months post op and would struggle at an indian or italian.

Good luck and happy 30th

Dee x
thanks Dee theres not much around really so im kinda limited i know the italian does a sloppy lasagne so that might be safest

Do your family know you have had the band fitted? If so, I would be inclined to tell them you would rather not go for a meal on this occasion. Perhaps you could just all go to the pub for a drink, or have people come to you at home.

I know its hard to let a birthday pass without celebrating it, but using food to celebrate every occasion is just one of the many reasons that I am now awaiting a bypass.

i know its a bit crazy as they do know and i have no restriction at all so dont think id be sick but dont wanna mess it up either. Also kids in family so it kinda rules pub out

i agree with dee, something with mash would be best to be on the safe side, as it can be embarassing running off to be sick while others are having there meal, i usually plan ahead and have a look at the menu before booking a table to make sure theres something there i can eat.

more cottage pie:cry:

just a sugestion spag bol is another thing that will go down for me, so its a good option when eating out.

It was my 50th 8 weeks after bypass I over the course of a week different friends took me out for either lunch or dinner, it was hard work as I could hardly eat anything at that stage....you need to really think a head to what you know your safe eating and dont expect to eat much at the stage your ate your tum will still be healing...and in case I forget happy birthday chick...xx

It was my 50th 8 weeks after bypass I over the course of a week different friends took me out for either lunch or dinner, it was hard work as I could hardly eat anything at that stage....you need to really think a head to what you know your safe eating and dont expect to eat much at the stage your ate your tum will still be healing...and in case I forget happy birthday chick...xx

thanks hun:)

Don`t mean to rock the boat but pasta can swell so might not b a good idea at this stage xxx Sorry
tanx lancslass id rather know these things as its all unchatered waters to me i still am thinking lasagne and dont eat the pasta bit and maybe then have a bit of ice cream

An italian food that I found I could cope with well was Gnocchi....

Very small potato dumpliming...delicious with a sauce.;)

An italian food that I found I could cope with well was Gnocchi....

Very small potato dumpliming...delicious with a sauce.;)
thanks Caz i love gnocchi!!! im just realised il be 4 weeks after op so i reckon i might just go i think family would be very disappointed if i cancelled. N9 starter, gnocchi then maybe ice cream :)

Back