• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got pre op Date. Nerves are here!

aw Caraline, My soup is dead easy its my mum's receipe.

You need aprox
90g (aprox two) parsnips
90g (aprox two) carrots
90g of swede.
180g of leeks or onions
chicken stock (i use the cube and hot water)
I use garlic and ginger too

In a pan i use one spray of fry light and put a good teaspoon of garlic and chopped fine ginger i let it warm through then I add the onions and cook until the onions change to opaque. I add the swede, carrots and parsnips all finely chopped to a texture you like. You can add more parsnips and less carrots if you prefer it that way( i am not keen on cooked carrots) I then add another pint or so of water and bring to boil. simmer with lid on for about 30 to 40 mins. it will freeze too as long as all the veg was fresh. You can tell its cooked if the little bits will squash easy with a fork or spoon. You can add black pepper or any seasoning to how you like it. some times I add spring onions and soya sauce. Hope that helps oh and use a big pasta pan. as it does seem to rise up with all the veg. you can use 180g of leeks instead of onions if you find you prefer the taste and that makes a pretty veg broth. If I stick to the receipe it works out about 23cals a bowl. as it will serve 6-8 as I do add quite a bit of liquid as I prefer a more clear soup. I need to check on Wednesday that it will be ok as part of the pre diet. I will update once i find out.
Baxters make good soups too.. I keep them in for emergency.

Aw no crusha ;(

ooh just read, you can't use crusha, and I have just bought some. Liz from the Sunderland site said you could use that. I think I better check that up.

Wonder if milky coffee or iced coffee would be allowed? So long as no sugar. Hot milky coffee would be good. Hope that is allowed.
:break_diet:They might show me the door!

Crusha - if sugar free i think might be able to have it.

:)
ooh just read, you can't use crusha, and I have just bought some. Liz from the Sunderland site said you could use that. I think I better check that up.
Hey ya caraline, Just looked at bex's thumbnail of her diet sheet. It mentions the sugar free crusha is allowed but not the chocolate. So fingers crossed they will say you can have it. Our Page is a bit light on the details compared to bex's so hopefully it will be all good as it does say low calorie drinks allowed.

When you find out about the Soup, let me no, I will try and make it. Sounds lush and I bet it tastes lush too. And I am sure you can have milky coffee, I have just read the booklet x

Will do hon x

When you find out about the Soup, let me no, I will try and make it. Sounds lush and I bet it tastes lush too. And I am sure you can have milky coffee, I have just read the booklet x

Not sure what i have clicked on but i will update wednesday evening or Thursday morning on the soup. it is nice x.. Just really really hope I have lost enough for weigh in. worrying a bit now. I think I will give them a call tomorrow.
fingers crossed we lose over night tonight x

i was told by dietician at L&D you could have crusha so long as it was sugar free which you can buy at sainsburys. could not find it in tescos. it comes in strawberry or raspberry not chocolate i'm afraid.

i was told by dietician at L&D you could have crusha so long as it was sugar free which you can buy at sainsburys. could not find it in tescos. it comes in strawberry or raspberry not chocolate i'm afraid.

That is really good news. Sounds like we will be having lots of milk shakes on our pre op :D Trip to the supermarket on Wednesday on the way home as long as the hubby doesnt have a melt down with the tyne tunnel.

WooHoo Passed the pre - op weigh in

Just an update. Was at SRH today. Have lost more weight than target :bliss:so very very pleased. Roll on 21st for the Gastric bypass.
Guess next is starting the milk diet on the 6th or 10th. Not sure will have to look that up!
;)

Well done!! So pleased for you :)

Hi I went a bit mad from pre op weigh in to starting pre op diet, there was about 10 days in between. I put alot on so try and be good!

Great news, I'm on my second week of pre op and I have found it more difficult this week, so keep up the good work and you'll be we'll on your way :) x

Great!!!!
I'm on my only week of pre op diet and finding it very very hard. Maybe because nobody told me until Sunday evening and I was supposed to start on Monday!

:woohoo: Am chuffed to bits that we passed pre-opp x

How exciting!! Can't wait to be in your shoes!
Ladies, you'll know: I got my pre-op diet info a couple of days ago, so does this mean my date's on its way??

Good luck lisa x

Hi I went a bit mad from pre op weigh in to starting pre op diet, there was about 10 days in between. I put alot on so try and be good!
Thank you. I needed a good kick up the bum as I erm was naughty last night too I had a some asda garlic bread. :break_diet: with chicken salad but it was my first bread in several weeks and I actually feel guilty about it. I will do extra time on the exerciser today.

Great news, I'm on my second week of pre op and I have found it more difficult this week, so keep up the good work and you'll be we'll on your way :) x
Aw ty dabbott. Not long now for you. Keep up the good work too! Just think this time next year we will all be shrunk and healthier :)

Back