• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got pre op Date. Nerves are here!

I lost 3lbs got a shock. I guess it will probably be water x

I start my milk diet on Monday, milk and oxo only diet, any tips???

Hi ya Gems,
Your diet is a bit different to the one set by our hospital. All I can say is drink loads of water as well as what your dietician told you to have. Lol and keep crossing off the days to op day! :)

GOod luck Gems and hang in there.. I am trying to eat or drink fluids every 2 hours. It improved my mood heaps ;)

Kat
x

Review of DAY 2 milk diet.

Review of day 2.
Lost 2lb :bolt:and peed for England yesterday. That said mood wise it was a much better day. Plan worked with some tweaking. I found drinking fluids every time I felt hungry and ready to commit murder for food. I had banana at 6.30am followed by milky coffee by 7am with my meds. Then water until 10.30ish had first yogurt. 11.20ish had milky coffee 12ish had water and phoned my mum, lol shared the joy! I found doing the house chores and keeping busy made me last until 2ish and hubby was home from work then so had veggie soup while he had his lunch of pizza! I had more tea and a sugar free icepop in the afternoon. Did the ironing. Every last scrap even bedding (which I admit I don't normally iron all of that!) 4ish I had yogurt and little few strawberries. Kept grapes for evening while we watched ncis LA. Milky coffee for supper. I finished the full 3pints of milk and ate both my yogurts and fruit. I also drank 1.5ltr of water and had mugs of tea. I have also started spring cleaning! Going to clean the oven today and will re clean the already sparkling bathrooms. lol It is the only thing that seems to keep me from going to the fridge and clock watching. That and taking the dogs out with the scooter. I have started on cleaning the insides of all the kitchen cupboards too!
Todays plan is the same as yesterday. I am planning on doing my exercises today too. I will update again tomorrow how today went.
Good luck all.. thank goodness I like milky coffee ;)
Kat
x

Hiya Kat, Your knee must be a long way better. After just reading what you did yesterday god I feel worn out lmao. Do you have the same problem has me in baby brain, in forgetting stuff yesterday was a pain in the arse because I was really confused in a right muddle with myself. and stroppy. I have only managed to loose a 1lb today but its still coming down x

Hiya Kat, Your knee must be a long way better. After just reading what you did yesterday god I feel worn out lmao. Do you have the same problem has me in baby brain, in forgetting stuff yesterday was a pain in the arse because I was really confused in a right muddle with myself. and stroppy. I have only managed to loose a 1lb today but its still coming down x

Yes baby brain is a very good term. I do all my chores sat down hon! The house is totally adapted. I have been in and out of wheelchairs since 5 years old. So its no biggie really just an inconvience. The knees brake or/and dislocate often, which means bed rest and splint back on. I do the ironing, cooking, washing up, dusting, mopping floors, all of it sat down. I even use either a wheelchair or mobility scooter to walk the dogs. So upper arms and cardio are good. Legs rubbish lol. I have found the exercise bike helpful. I only use lvl 1 so no impact just find it helps with movement and makes a change to my physio. I also find the 30-40 mins on the rhythm rocker excellent for working my tummy and core. It is an areobic workout on the rocker and know that I am not going to fall as already sat. ;) Good days I do as much as I can to keep moving. Bad days I just try and be comfortable and let the body heal. Lol I sleep alot on the strong painkillers so bad days are just a blur. Then back to good :) That is my one worry after op is where do i stand on my pain meds. As some have to be taken with food.

Its now 9.45am and my tummy is growling so going to make a milky coffee. I have been researching my meds to see if there is a liquid version!
Hope you are having a good day hon.
Kat
x

Aw am sorry hun, sounds like you have had a hard time of it. Hopefully the opp will help ease some of your disabilities. Its now 12.30 and I have just sat down to eat my vegetable soup. I blended it down today for a change. And got my jelly n yoghurt and milk. So it should keep me fuller for a while. I have got a bit of a headache today. I have had it since I woke up. And I have been drinking plenty of water. I have been having nearly 2 litres a day. So am off to eat my jelly n yoghurt. Speak later hun x

Enjoy hon. Aww the headach sounds horrible. Could you need even more water as its just seems to go straight through? Just had my first yogurt and going to have some melon in a mo. pacing myself as its teeming down rain and gone very cold :( No beach today.

Made Sausage caserole for hubby packed with veg and in slow cooker thats his dinner for today and tomorrow sorted lol. It smelt gorgeous. Saving my veg soup to have iwth him when he gets in from work. Guess going for more veg tomorrow to make more soup. How was the blended food?
hugs
Kat
x

Hi ya Gems,
Your diet is a bit different to the one set by our hospital. All I can say is drink loads of water as well as what your dietician told you to have. Lol and keep crossing off the days to op day! :)

GOod luck Gems and hang in there.. I am trying to eat or drink fluids every 2 hours. It improved my mood heaps ;)

Kat
x

My diet is very basic, wish I could have a bit of fruit etc, but as of tomorrow I will be counting down the days, although my nerves are terrible at the moment, am stuck between terrified and excited!! Thanks for the words of wisdom, I will try to drink lots of fluid x

Maybe I need more water, am sick of running to the loo. Lmao

Maybe I need more water, am sick of running to the loo. Lmao
yep i think its a ploy to get us moving around more! hehe my melon didn't touch my sides.:gimi: trying to wait half an hour then going to have a mug of tea. I am still clock watching a bit. Have just added the wls app to my mobile. So now just got to try and remember my bt open passwords! I am looking forward to my veg soup! I never thought I would ever say that .. but its true. x x

Haha yeah I dont no how to sort the bt open zone out. I ended up buying a dongle for my laptop. Are you cold today? Theirs no warming me, I have my heating on full my hubbys twisting because its too hot. Got my dressing gown on the lot. Enjoy your soup. Mine was passable. Lol x

Tut tut tut Caroline what was my one n only warning to you.............lol oh wellwe learn from our mistakes I continously have a water bottle by my side sip sip sipping as im typing got the message yet???? keep up the good work ladies we will get there in the end xxx

I have drank 2 litres a day, thinking I would be ok. After what you said! It must've not been enough. I have had another half a litre and my headache has basically gone. So it looks like I need 3 litres day x

You're doing really well Kat - planning seems to be key xx

Day one, not the best of days, feeling a little sluggish and fed up, am so looking forward to bovril and sugar free jelly later, how sad am I - only day one!! lol

Day one, not the best of days, feeling a little sluggish and fed up, am so looking forward to bovril and sugar free jelly later, how sad am I - only day one!! lol

The first few days are the hardest. Just keep focused and remember the end goal and you'll be fine. Good luck xx

Keep going Gems123, you can do it :) :) :)

Back