• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got pre op Date. Nerves are here!

You will be, just stick to your plans and keep eyes on the prize. Imagine yourself in a particular outfit in the colour of your choice n keep that thought in your mind that will be a goal to work towards. Stay focussed, fill up on water get you used to after the op you will be drinking all that time. xxxx

how much did they ask you to loose and do u have to follow a plan they give you if you dont mind me asking?

Moomoo If you can remember what you weighed the last time you were at hospital, and you manage to loose more, I think they would be happy. They asked me to loose 3lbs. The next step is the milk diet. Hope this help's x

They asked me to lose a stone. Thankfully I managed to lose 1.5, but I can't say it has been easy. If it was I wouldn't be here :-/

how much did they ask you to loose and do u have to follow a plan they give you if you dont mind me asking?

Hi moomoo,
I don't mind answering questions. Yes I was required to lose 3kg to get listed for surgery. I had to lose that before the Endoscopy. Due to other medical operations and treatments I was given a lower target than standard but with the hope I would lose more than required. I was not given a diet plan as I was already calorie counting and was encouraged to continue and try chair aerobics. Which I did for a year then I started the rhythm rocker areobics in January and still do several times a week. I understood that I just had to keep losing weight. Ideally 10 percent of my starting weight for the local primary care trust to be satisfied for the funding. Although a lower limit had been passed due to my other medical problems. Hope this helps you. I know every primary care trust has their own rules and time scales. The strict diet is the milk diet which I must start 10 days before.
Your surgeon should give you a plan of what is to happen and provide you with dieticians to help you reach the goals.
Hope this answers your question. If not please ask more :)
Kat
x

Milk Diet- Question

I just wondered is it ok to have the milk heated so its milky coffees? I assumed it was ok it didn't say anywhere in my book that it has to be cold.

ty
Kat
x

yeah you can have milky coffee, has long as its out of your allowance x

yeah you can have milky coffee, has long as its out of your allowance x
Thanks hon.x
I will use up the balance of my allowance with that at the end of the day. I had my trial run yesterday and found that I could drink the milk in milky coffees but found I ran out of allowance. So mixing it up now with tea and water.

Going to take the dogs out now so i stop looking in my fridge. lol

Good luck with milk diet hon we will have small livers by the 21st.

Kat
x

Last edited:
Haha yeah you keep yourself busy. Thats what I was about to do.

Good question, i was wondering this! pleased with the response, I love a milky coffee

I hate milk on its on and had milky coffee all day on my pre op. Mine had to be decaf though, maybe double check with your provider first :) good luck! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good Luck South Beach you can do it hun, as Ikeep saying to everyone else dont forget to drink plenty of water/sugar free juice aswell. xx

I hate milk on its on and had milky coffee all day on my pre op. Mine had to be decaf though, maybe double check with your provider first :) good luck! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mine doesnt mention decaf any where but will go check the booklet again. ty :)

Mine doesn't either kat x

some also allow the milk to b mixed with low cal hot chocolates such as options or weight watchers as well as with nas crusha or milk shakes - check with your provider too, some if you're allowed sugar free jelly us milk to make milk Jellies as it gives you something to "eat"

Day two milk diet

Day two. weight 137kg

After being mardy all day yesterday with hunger changing up my snacks and meals today.
The plan for today
Breakfast at 6.15am Mug of tea and a banana
7.10am Take dogs out
come back to rhythm rocker followed by bike drink litre of water
shower.
10.30am yogurt & handfull of strawberries
mug of tea
12.30 veg soup
mug of tea
2.30 apple
mug of tea
3.30 milky coffee 300ml
around 5 with hubby having his dinner will have fruit and jelly
6pm milky coffee
7pm grapes
milky coffee if have any of allowance left. I will be drinking mugs of tea all day.

So that is the plan will update tonight how I did sticking to it and if it stops the hunger growls and the feeling of wanting to mug my hubby for his dinner.
Have a great day everyone :)

sounds like you got the better end of the milk diet having fruit i remember just having milk n oxo but it does get easier as days go on, that said im dreading doing it again good luck xx

Sounds like a plan kat x

Back