• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got pre op Date. Nerves are here!

Thanks everyone, Gems!! hunny it gets better. Keep up the hard work and you will get there. wont be much longer hun x

Keep going Gems you can do it have you been taking your multi vits?? I was told to start taking them on pre-op and they seem to help xx

Ooops I haven't, forgot again better get them out, before I forget again. lmao

Ooops I haven't, forgot again better get them out, before I forget again. lmao

Lol i brought the a-z chewable ones for post op. I am taking the normal a-z but they are huge and rock hard tablets. I just put them next to breakfast stuff.

Kat
x

Day 5 of the milk diet and I am feeling really, really tired, still onwards an upwards!

Aw gems hon.. I think day 5 is like the wall.. break through and it does get better :) promise. Hang in there.

kat
xx

I think you's are all doing brill, hang on in there not long now, Only hope I can do as well when my time comes.

lindy62

You are doing so well hun :) xx

Am sure you will lindy x

Not long now South Beach woop woop x

DAY 8 milk diet

135kg this morning so lost half a stone on milk diet :talk017:

2 more days of milk.. Nerves got me today so feel a bit sick this morning with them.

I am still drinking most of my milk as milky coffees.
Banana for breakfast with the coffee

mid morning shape yogurt. Rasberry! yep been rasberry all week. I will not make that mistake on ordering online again.. I will remember to get a mixed pack! I like rasberry but sick of it now as its been rasberry or blackcurrent sugar free jelly too!
Trying a pear today instead of apple as still having to take ducasate to help with being bunged up! Pear for lunch second yogurt mid afternoon and veg soup for dinner. The soup has been the highlight of my day. I am trying to drink 1 to 2 litres of water a day on top of the milk too. I have grapes for after dinner around 7pm. i have about 10 grapes as a portion.

I am more nervous about being put to sleep at the moment! silly i know.

Kat
x

Morning hun, Are you forging the milk down Kat, I will try to drink has much as I can. and still end up leaving around half a pint. and I am so sick of cleaning my teeth. with all the yoghurt's and fruit my teeth feel yucky. Can't wait to taste something nice x

135kg this morning so lost half a stone on milk diet :talk017:

2 more days of milk.. Nerves got me today so feel a bit sick this morning with them.

I am still drinking most of my milk as milky coffees.
Banana for breakfast with the coffee

mid morning shape yogurt. Rasberry! yep been rasberry all week. I will not make that mistake on ordering online again.. I will remember to get a mixed pack! I like rasberry but sick of it now as its been rasberry or blackcurrent sugar free jelly too!
Trying a pear today instead of apple as still having to take ducasate to help with being bunged up! Pear for lunch second yogurt mid afternoon and veg soup for dinner. The soup has been the highlight of my day. I am trying to drink 1 to 2 litres of water a day on top of the milk too. I have grapes for after dinner around 7pm. i have about 10 grapes as a portion.

I am more nervous about being put to sleep at the moment! silly i know.

Kat
x

Hiya Kat, me too, am in on Tuesday and I can't sleep at the moment, nerves are going crazy, been like it all along, and I am at the end of my tether with this milk diet, I just can't wait to be through all of this and on my journey!!

Just keep thinking only 3 days to go!! :cry:

Keep strong Gem's. Not much longer hun x

Morning hun, Are you forging the milk down Kat, I will try to drink has much as I can. and still end up leaving around half a pint. and I am so sick of cleaning my teeth. with all the yoghurt's and fruit my teeth feel yucky. Can't wait to taste something nice x

Morning hon. Yep I dont always have the 3 pints (always more than 2 pints though) but changed to a bigger mug so doing ok on the milky coffees but forcing the water down and second yogurt in the afternoon I forgot one day and had it for pudding instead. Teeth are not too bad apart from having to floss more I think because the coffee seems to stain them! I normally drink tea. I use the cordosol (not sure of spelling) toothpaste which seems to sort it . but the sensordyne toothpaste omg mouth was like fur on teeth in morning. ewww. I miss meat! I have dreamt of medium fillet steak two nights in a row! Will I ever be able to have steak again? I even miss fish and chicken! lol I am looking forward to chicken soup and game soup just to have a change from veg soup. Just a weepy willow today. Don't know what is wrong with me.

I think its just the week catching up with hun, Massive hugs :grouphugg:

Day 9 Milk Diet nearly done!

134.5kg And could be lower if not so erm bunged up.

So one more sleep before hospital. We have done it and stuck to it. Thank you May ladies. I will Weigh myself tomorrow morning too. I would of struggled more if I hadnt had you guys to chat with and supportive family and best friend.

Summary of Milk diet.

The milk diet for me was all about making sure everything was ready to eat or microwave up. Preparation has been the key so i could not get tempted by husbands dinners. I measure out my milk every morning so I know what I have to atleast get through and what to aim for. I cooked up a batch of soup and froze in baby pots. Originally I only made enough for 3 days. Then made massive batch as energy levels dropped. I have not kept up with my exercise routine just not enough energy. The hunger has not been the problem that I thought it would be :D. Its been the effect on my general mood. I have been mardy! Not the whole time .. but most of it. Tried not to be but have been freezing for nearly a week. Just generally no patience. It was more like a week long PMS. It has been an eye opener on how much food effects mood and body temperature.

So tips.
1. Shop in advance if possible do online and get delivered. Much easier to stick to the list if you are not in the store.
2. remove temptation from view. If need be, split the fridge so you have your own shelf.
3. weigh your fruit and split into portion sizes.
4 Drink lots and lots of water
5 take multi vitamin every morning with your breakfast banana or yogurt.
6. have sugarfree jelly made in the fridge for just in case!
7. Milky coffees help stem hunger and power through all that milk.
8 keep busy and tell closest what you are doing as its so much easier with support! Avoid gorgeous smelling but bad for you places. Ie avoid being near chipshop, bakery, any restaurant, cinema. It is just 10 days then the next challenge starts :)
9 PLan, Plan, Plan... so your yogurts, fruit and vegsoup is split up through out your day evenly. Helps with mood too!
10 Get some movicol or ducasate in to help with erm getting rid of the fruit! (check with your dietician thats ok first though)

It is a diet to shrink liver so have not worried too much about weight loss the past week. Its more of a by product. Nerves have kicked in a few times. Talk it out with a close friend, family member, or this site and they settle again. Good Luck everyone :)

Kat
x

Hi Kat - good luck for the 21st - This is great post for me who is on day 1 of the milk diet .

I have already warned my other half to be ready for me being mardy and he said it will just be like a week extra of PMS days :)

Thanks for the tips

Justine x

Back