• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got pre op Date. Nerves are here!

Day 5 Milk diet getting easier :)

weight now 135.7 ... under 300lbs in weight :D (just)
Not as hungry but have got into a routine now. I found to stop being bunged up I have had to drink a lot of water on top of having the 3 pints of milk. 2 of those pints I have as milky coffees through out the day. I love fruit so have been very lucky and the veg soup is going down a charm for dinner.
Cooking another batch today and will freeze some.
I have had to be careful with exercise as my energy levels run out I have been in bed on or before 9pm every day since starting the diet. House is spotless and getting all those jobs i kept putting off done. Just to keep busy. Today i will do all our filing and house accounts! fun fun or bath the spaniel. x

I found keeping busy has helped me a lot. The hardest has been the smell of meat cooking for hubby's dinner. Mentally doing ok. Tummy growled for England while making chilli con carne for him! I don't even like chilli! wierd. I think I just miss meat and fish. :)

Well done hun you're doing great x

I have drank 2 litres a day, thinking I would be ok. After what you said! It must've not been enough. I have had another half a litre and my headache has basically gone. So it looks like I need 3 litres day x

Aw Glad the water Did the trick. X today has been hard . Just can.t get warm. Going to make hot water bottle and have early night. Hugs all x

Goodnight hun! I'm just off in the bath to warm up x

Day 6 milk diet

135.1kg so still losing. Day five was awful. Cold all day and mardy. Had hot water bottles and went to bed. Don't think the weather helped with rain storms and winds. Was like winter in May. Concentration is still all over the place.

Day 6 woken up like a new person! The sun is out which is good. Lifts the spirts ;)
I am not waking up starving marvin anymore which is lovely.
Breakfast was my new usual milky coffee and banana.

Mid morning had a yogurt. Got fruit prepared for lunch with milky coffees all day and jelly mid afternoon. DInner is later tonight as hubby working over so he will have slow cooked pork and veg.. I have veg soup! May have half a grapefruit as starter. Or an apple later on.

Its a bit boring but I have the same most days with the sugar free jelly made and in the fridge for back up and sugarfree icepops. I kept 3 days soup in fridge rest I froze in baby pots. One ladel a pot.

Kat

Hi... Oh my I so know how u feel I'm currently on day 6 too.. Have been extremely grumpy... 2 a point I don't want to talk 2 anyone :( an I'm soooo cold :s I'm on the 4pints milk 1Lwater an oxo an jelly.., only 8 days 2 go yay

Just wanna say good luck an keep up the good work... All will pay off in the end :)

x jo x

Well all I can say is that its been a hard 6 days. But its getting better. I have lost 7 lbs since Friday even though its the liver shrinkage diet, which is great. I have been really ratty at times with my family, but I think its through not having food and I am not waking up staving which is good. so hopefully today is going to be a better day. roll on Monday next week x

Well done Caraline :)

Girls you are doing great :) xx

Hi... Oh my I so know how u feel I'm currently on day 6 too.. Have been extremely grumpy... 2 a point I don't want to talk 2 anyone :( an I'm soooo cold :s I'm on the 4pints milk 1Lwater an oxo an jelly.., only 8 days 2 go yay

Just wanna say good luck an keep up the good work... All will pay off in the end :)

x jo x

Thanks jo. X good luck too. X

x jo x

Hiya, I am on day 4 of the same milk diet, hard work but just keep thinking what I get at the end! Keep it up x

Hi ya Jo.

How is the milk diet going? Mine is 3 pints of skimmed milk, 2-3 pieces of fruit, 2 diet yogurts and 1 bowl of veg soup pref. home made but NO pOtato or lentils or ought like that! as much tea, coffee water, sugar free drinks as you like and sugar free jelly is optional too.

Concentration is still a bit iffy but not as hungry but damn cold all the time. x

DAY 7 SRH Milk diet

Morning all :)

Day 7 and all is well apart from still being cold. Still feel a bit washed out and have to remind myself to drink water as well as the milk. Going to hairdressers today as figured might not feel like going post op for a few weeks. Thought it would be a nice treat too!

I am using the carb fat bible to get a standard portion size of fruit. I was a bit over generous with strawberries on day 1 :D Good luck all.
Off to have another milky coffee. x

Kat
x

Morning everyone, How's all the dieting going. I am on my 7th day just like South beach. and I must say I am feeling great today. Don't no why! But I guess its a bonus anyway. Because this milk diet has you moody, freezing, tired. And to be honest I have been bloody lousy to live with, lol. But roll on Monday and I will have a bed ready for my opp on Tuesday.

How are you kat. has the nerves kicked in yet? I think I am starting to be more worried over the injections, what we have to give ourselves after the opp x

You'll be pleased to know you'll never be hot again, I am 11 months out and I am still freezing most of the time !!

Hi Caroline well done on reaching day 7 nearly done n dusted hun xx dont worry about the injections there not that bad honest i hate needles myself but they are really easy to do they dont actually hurt going in its the meds doing there job that sting :) xx

Morning everyone, How's all the dieting going. I am on my 7th day just like South beach. and I must say I am feeling great today. Don't no why! But I guess its a bonus anyway. Because this milk diet has you moody, freezing, tired. And to be honest I have been bloody lousy to live with, lol. But roll on Monday and I will have a bed ready for my opp on Tuesday.

How are you kat. has the nerves kicked in yet? I think I am starting to be more worried over the injections, what we have to give ourselves after the opp x

Caraline,
Don't worry about the injections huni. The needles are teeny tiny and you don't even feel them go in. You pinch your tummy, put needle in, let go of pinch and press the plunger.....job done. I seriously never felt them at all.
Really good luck for your op and yes, I'm four weeks post op and still bloody freezing!!!!
Hugs :) x

Morning hon x

Aww honey. Try to put needles to back of mind. We will face that problem when we have to.. Never know we might not have to have them. fingers crossed. I freaked out orignally but as all our milk diets are different up and down the country our after care might be too! I will be there hon. Every step of the way. SO if you fancy a good old moan about how crap feeling just yell me. hang on will send you private msg.
kat
x

Back