• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had a group discussion toady and now im doubting it

Suwiexx

Hi guys, I went to like a local coffee morning thing today and met some pre oppers and post oppers and now I'm a bit unsure. They were saying things like they can never eat chicken or meat or bread and basically live off crackers and smoothies is this the same fro everyone? Im 19.9 st now and for my height think I need to loose about 10 st and some of them lost that amount pre opp and I'm thinking I don't know what to do. I have my 1st app at charring x next fri, do you think I should try one off the pre opp diets? And or post opp diets? What can I do now to make sure I'm making the right decision?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well I don't know where they got the idea that they can only eat crackers and smoothies. Once you are 6 weeks out you can introduce normal food back again. Ok you have to stay away from high sugar and fat foods but otherwise a normal healthy diet is normal. The difference is that you will be eating smaller portions. Lots of people when they go out for dinner choose a starter rather than a main course or share some of their partners food. Thats what I'll be doing and I'm 4 days out and going out for dinner twice next week and once the week after.

I hope you are able to reconsider after having a good read through the posts on here. Look on the recipe section etc.

Love Kate x

Hi guys, I went to like a local coffee morning thing today and met some pre oppers and post oppers and now I'm a bit unsure. They were saying things like they can never eat chicken or meat or bread and basically live off crackers and smoothies is this the same fro everyone? Im 19.9 st now and for my height think I need to loose about 10 st and some of them lost that amount pre opp and I'm thinking I don't know what to do. I have my 1st app at charring x next fri, do you think I should try one off the pre opp diets? And or post opp diets? What can I do now to make sure I'm making the right decision?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well I am only 1 person but at 8 weeks post op I eat chicken, meat & bread, just in small amount which satisfy me totally ... I do not regret my op in the least ... in fact it is safe to say I am ecstatic. Everyone is different & I may be wrong, but it tends to be people who are having a not totally smooth road that attend these coffee mornings to air their problems. You will need to decide which road you want to travel, honey ...but weight related illnesses are no picnic either. Take Care xxx :):)

You will be able to eat everything and anything within reason.Your tastes will change and what you once loved you may now dislike!You may not tolerate some stuff like pasta,rice or bread in large portions.I have chicken curry say 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon of rice.Small sandwiches of thinish bread or toast goes down fine.Im 9 months out.I can eat steak,chops,fish in fact all meats!Maz x

Hi
I can eat anything now as I am just over 2 1/2 years since my bypass. Of course somethings not much of but I have nothing that causes me any problems

Jo
xx

Im a sleever but the same, have just had 5 chicken wings and they where lush, you will be able to eat most things hun but in small amounts which you wont feel bothered about xx

Back