• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone else been advised not to take fastabs?

sugga

I was sent home from hospital with a months supply of fast tabs.
I dont suffer with wind, acid, indigestion or anything like that, so do i still have to take them all. Thanks chucks. xxxx

Last edited:
Hi sugga

I think I was told it's to stop any ulcers from forming on your new plumbing/joins
So carry on taking xx

Hi sugga I think it's a precaution just in case normaly I take omprzole but they are getting stuck so I've gone back to them much better but it's beat you check with your provider
Rake care xxxxx

I was told to take them for a couple of months at least and then if there were no acid reflux problems or similar I did not have to have them every day. I now take them just occasionally if I get indigestion type pain (sometimes from orange juice or similar) and it just keeps my tum happy. I probably only take one every three or four days but it is to line your pouch so certainly this soon out I would stick with them. xxx

I was given 3 months supply and told its till your new size stomach gets used to making less acid,makes sense

i was told to take 2 fastabs a day for 6 months, then 1 a day after that, or go onto the omprazole things, they a re the same thing, but i was told i need them all the time, to protect the stomas from getting ulcers. dont stop taking them huni, its not worth it, my doctor is still givig me fastabs, so im leaving it as it is, cos i know theyre working, and i take enough capsules as it is.

Hi Andrea Angel,

I'm on two a day and was told for life... I've looked them up and they are for prevention of ulcers, to aid acid production etc... strange how advice is varying around the country... love and hugs all Angels xxx

OMG good job i asked about them as i just thought they were to help with wind and indigestion....thats sad, they were rubbish at the hospital.

The doctor will probably give me more then on prescription...doest bare thinking about if i hadnt carried on taking them...thank you so much lovies as i would have stopped taking them, then would have been in big trouble. xxx

I'm on two a day and was told for life... I've looked them up and they are for prevention of ulcers, to aid acid production etc... strange how advice is varying around the country... love and hugs all Angels xxx

You are so right Bev, it's amazing how so many things are different depending who your team is. I was told 1 Fastab per day for life, yet different surgeons at CX say no you don't need them. I must say that if I don't take mine for 2-3 days I'm reminded by a build up of acid. I'm sticking with them, but some GPs are reluctant to carry on prescribing them as I believe they are quite expensive.

Keep taking the (Fas)tabs Andrea. :D xx

My hubby has the fast tabs toi take one a day for 3 months

I had the strawberry flavoured that dissolve on the tongue at first Andrea... 2 per day.

Then when I got home I've been told 2 daily for life...

I think Jac (Dotty) is the same with Mr Ammori's advice.

So it's a lottery by the sounds of it precious.

Love and hugs to All...

I'll be more with it again when I'm not so tired...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Funnily enough Bev I was told the same as Dawn! 2 a day for six months then one a day for life..even the same surgeon tells you different lol :D XX

i dont feel right if i havent taken mine, the others dont bother me, im always forgetting to take them, but not my fastab, i never forget that one. andrea, ring up and ask your doctor for a prescription for all your stuff, take 1 fastab twice a day for 6 months, then reduce it to 1 a day after that for life, i think thats what the majority of ppl are told, more or less.

Hi dawny
Is that right we are on fast tabs for life,
I thought it wad just for the first 6mths
Hope your well c

Sugga you need to take them forever. I did ask my gp the other day if i need to take them still. His response was it won't hurt to go a few days without them but not to stop them as we need them to prevent stomach ulcers :) xx

Back