• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

Hey guys! I hope you are all well! Not much new since I was last here.. I broke my phone back in February and I've finally had it fixed so I'm back! Well, let's start with my nail tech course... 3 weeks left, passed silk/fibreglass, passed hard gel, currently on acrylic system! No more reactions on my hands, so was definitely down to the silk/resin/activator. It's been rather stressful as been told things were done right, then told it was all wrong. Had to re do a few things even though it was all passable. Also i will not be asking my cousin to ever do anything with me again! She has shown her true colours these few months. I lived with her at one point, I thought I knew what she could be like but she ha shown me I didn't know as much as I thought. She has got me to the point where I don't even want to bake her cup cakes for her wedding in september, nor do I even want to attend her wedding. And we grew up like sisters, so that says a lot from me for what her actions have made me feel like. But that's the end of that. 3 more weeks and it's over with! Weight related talk now...! Well, I went back to my GP/nurse and again, said that the weight gain was linked with having the dosage of the pill reduced as that's when it's all started. My nurse agreed to up it again for me, to see how I got on. Well, I went for my b12 3/4 weeks later and the nurse was reading the email from the hospital (from my last post op appointment) and she asked me if I wanted her to weigh me, to see how I was getting on.. I LOST just under 8lb from the 5th of February (hospital appointment) to the 8th of March! After nothing but gains! Was SO chuffed! So, I think my theory about the pill and me was right.. It can't be just a coincidence that since I had it put back to 2 pills a day, the weight has dropped. As my eating hasn't altered much other then fresh home cooked food more often.. Haven't even been a regular attendee at the gym or swimming since before Christmas as I've been so busy with the course/homework/practicing. So there's nothing else I can see it being down to.. Haven't been weighed since but I will be getting weighed again soon as I want to know if I've lost any more, or even gained some back.. We will see! That's all I really have to post! Xxxx
shame about your cousin, well done with your loss, you know your body best X

So good to hear from you! Glad the nail tech course is going well sounds like you're enjoying it!
And massive well done on the weight I know you had been frustrated with the gains so must feel good to be in a place of loss again! X X

So, weight wise, not much to report.. Not been at the gym much as the last few weeks have been super busy with the nail tech course.. But it's my last one on Tuesday (should have been Monday but I've had to change days will tell you why momentarily!) and hopefully I've put enough work in to it and I will pass and become a fully level 3 trained and certified nail technician!!

So, the reason I've had to change my days around.. I have decided I want to get more experience in the beauty industry so, I start a professional Make Up Artistry course on Monday! All sorts of different make up styles, techniques etc even special effects make up! The lady who will be training me (a group of us) has work on tv shows like casualty, the bill and currently work on holly city to create all the gory scenes!

I am so excited!! I'm considering a massage and beauty course after this too.. I'm really enjoying myself and feel good as I have something to focus on!

Hope all is well with you all xxxx

Hi I'm having my sleeve next month at Sheffield but I've got Mr Patel not Mr Ackroyd. It looks like you're doing really well :) I just wondered how you found the after care and also if there's a good support group in Sheffield?
I'm off to read the whole thread now

So, weight wise, not much to report.. Not been at the gym much as the last few weeks have been super busy with the nail tech course.. But it's my last one on Tuesday (should have been Monday but I've had to change days will tell you why momentarily!) and hopefully I've put enough work in to it and I will pass and become a fully level 3 trained and certified nail technician!!

So, the reason I've had to change my days around.. I have decided I want to get more experience in the beauty industry so, I start a professional Make Up Artistry course on Monday! All sorts of different make up styles, techniques etc even special effects make up! The lady who will be training me (a group of us) has work on tv shows like casualty, the bill and currently work on holly city to create all the gory scenes!

I am so excited!! I'm considering a massage and beauty course after this too.. I'm really enjoying myself and feel good as I have something to focus on!

Hope all is well with you all xxxx
That all sounds very exciting! Good luck with your course.

Hi I'm having my sleeve next month at Sheffield but I've got Mr Patel not Mr Ackroyd. It looks like you're doing really well :) I just wondered how you found the after care and also if there's a good support group in Sheffield? I'm off to read the whole thread now

Hi Fee! Firstly, good luck with your op!

I have mixed feelings about both the aftercare and the support..
Support, I didn't feel like there was enough at all.. You can call the team whenever, that's good.. But other than that and your appointments, there was no other support to have...

The aftercare I got was good really, I had my op at The Thornbury, and the whole team there were fab! Appointments were prompt and was able to ask all I needed too and again, could call whenever I needed to. But the dietitian I was seeing was really un helpful for me - she is called Hannah - I don't know if she's still there.. But if you're reading my thread then you will read why I found her in helpful! Liz is fabulous! So helpful and it's like she cannot do enough to help you!

There should deffo be more support for people pre and post op, I feel that's where I was let down.

I have be offered and had some phycologist appointments post op, but I found them useless and pointless as I felt the lady didn't have much experience with bariatric surgery as she had just taken over the previous phycologist so I didn't get much help from that either.. X

Heyyyyy hun :) good to see you.....glad to hear alls going well....how exciting life is getting :) congrats on the course.... and good luck with the new ones.....its amazing how you've become a beautiful butterfly... wings spread and in full flight.....

a huge wd one the loss too....2 years out its back to normal life and the normal battle with weight lol seems like your staying on top nicely ....what the difference 2 years makes eh :) xxxxxhugs as always

Thanks Kirsty. I'm having the op at the Northern General so hoping they're as good as Thornbury. The diet or and the psychologists don't sound below. Why have a psychologist in a specific department who doesn't have the correct training?!
We were told at the hospital info session after tier 3 that there was a support group but it sounds like that wasn't an option you were given?
Well done for keeping on going despite difficulties though and thanks for replying x

Thanks Kirsty. I'm having the op at the Northern General so hoping they're as good as Thornbury. The diet or and the psychologists don't sound below. Why have a psychologist in a specific department who doesn't have the correct training?! We were told at the hospital info session after tier 3 that there was a support group but it sounds like that wasn't an option you were given? Well done for keeping on going despite difficulties though and thanks for replying x

No, there was no support group at the time I had my op and wasn't aware of one after.. I know there was one before but it stopped before my surgery.. I find it silly not having a psychologist that is trained around food/eating disorders etc

At 2 years out its back to normality, time to really work at it and keep up the work of the sleeve! Xx

Both those things are really disappointing.
Plus with all the appointments we have to attend before we get accepted it seems daft that once you've had the surgery and perhaps need more support it all disappears :(
Still it sounds like you know what you need to do and are on track to get there anyway :)

Well, hello everyone. i apologize for my absense and i hope you are all well. The app for the forum was sadly removed and i dont use my laptop that often and hate looking on forums on my phone.. had to come online on my laptop so thought id come say Hi!

i completed my nail tech course, and passed! I haven't gotten a job as a tech though as my anxiety and depression are still a hard battle for me to get passed all the walls i have. I had to stop the make up course as it was working out so expensive, and as i was on minimal benefits, i could afford to carry it on as 'fully funded' didnt include any sort of make up, or sfx kits.

my weight hasnt changed much.. last time i was weighed in november, i weighed 19st 11lb, which, to be fair, is only 2 stone up from my lowest weight post op, and that was over 2 years ago sine i was at that weight. i havent been to the gym properly in over a year as my mobility has gotten worse through my back and hip pain and i also had to cancel my membership as was taken off ESA as they say i am fit for work, and put on job seekers so money reduced a fair amount. depression and anxiety is all over really. putting on a face that im coping but honest don't know how im managing. i tried to apply for a local job last week and got to the section when they ask 'why do you think youre suitable for the post' my anxiety burst and i almost threw up. currently weight loss is at the back of my mind. Im appealing the decision from ESA and its just stressing me out too much to even think about it, though i have just purchased a second hand fit bit charge to try and get me walking more but ive been in too much pain for the passed 2 days to do anything but take pain killers and rest!

anywhoo! i hope you are all well and i will try and catch up with you all xxxx

I'm really sorry you're having such a difficult time at the moment. Good luck with your appeal :)

Back