• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

Psychologist just called, appointment booked for the 22nd of September. Great, let's hope I can get some perspective on things.. Haven't really weighed recently or been strict with the gym.. Had a week of lots of salads and 'healthy' foods and put weight on :/ oh well, I'm not worrying about it at the moment because of the pain I'm in with back and hips.. Through I saw the physio other day and all I got was a few exercises and to go back in a MONTH. A MONTH! And most of the exercises I do anyway! Meh!

Tina we will sort a day I'm sure, will give Kimberly a message on Facebook and get something sorted xxx

Let's start the day with a fun fact.
My stomach doesn't like weetabix and milk!
In all honesty, my stomach doesn't like much in a morning but I'd literally just finished and needed to go to the loo!

Got my bariatric psychologist appointment this morning.. She has estimated a 1 hour appointment as its my first appointment and will see where we go from there.. See if we can knock this 'eating out of order' problem on the head!!

Good luck hope it goes well

Good luck! x

Thank you ladies :) it went well, just mainly talking about what's wrong, what I want to see her for and just a get to know me session.. The lady I saw is leaving at the end of the week so I will see her this once and having to wait til the end of October for the new psychologist to start working and arrange my next appointment and my sessions. I will get 12 sessions as well as my reviews. Today's psychologist said the majority of the people that go to see her are all post wls patients who are either stalling for a long time, put some weight on in the first 18 months, struggling with things or even haven't lost as much as they were expecting to, which I think I fit into each of them! Xxx

Why oh why do my family like going to all you can eat buffets for their birthdays??

£14 for me to go and eat tiny bits of everything, to not know what is going to affect me in the wrong way and to then feel ill and guilty from over indulging even though the amount will
Be nothing near what everyone else eats. I am not looking forward to it, at all, but it's where my sister wants to go for her birthday. I'm totally choosing somewhere they don't like when it's my birthday! But knowing them, they will just tell me they won't be going if they don't like it.. Even though I've already told them I don't like it and it makes me feel horrible, she doesn't care :(:(

I've called them and they won't let me pay child's price as they 'don't charge for the food. They charge for the seats' :(:(

crazy eh!!! I refuse to do places like that full stop!! even before surgery we tended not too....although our friends go all the time, and we tagged along from time to time.... its horrific just seeing how much people pile their plates just because they can LOL

Its a struggle when most celebrations/social events are governed by food...... just try and tell yourself your far healthier than everyone else stuffing their faces ....after all its food like that which got us where we were :) stick to sensible 'safe' foods that are tried and tested so you don't ruin your day feeling sick.....dress to impress, so you feel a million dollars, it will make you far less tempted to be naughty ....... AND when your birthday comes round make some amazing plans to 'do it' in style......

Try not to worry about it in advance..... go with an open mind and enjoy the family times......oh and make the most of that seat your paying for LOL ;) x x x x

crazy eh!!! I refuse to do places like that full stop!! even before surgery we tended not too....although our friends go all the time, and we tagged along from time to time.... its horrific just seeing how much people pile their plates just because they can LOL Its a struggle when most celebrations/social events are governed by food...... just try and tell yourself your far healthier than everyone else stuffing their faces ....after all its food like that which got us where we were :) stick to sensible 'safe' foods that are tried and tested so you don't ruin your day feeling sick.....dress to impress, so you feel a million dollars, it will make you far less tempted to be naughty ....... AND when your birthday comes round make some amazing plans to 'do it' in style...... Try not to worry about it in advance..... go with an open mind and enjoy the family times......oh and make the most of that seat your paying for LOL ;) x x x x

It went a lot better than expected really.. I tried sushi - though it wasn't the good stuff really - crab sticks with soggy lettuce - not nice! But I still want to try the real thing one day, so it hasn't put me off sushi for good.

I started with a Lincolnshire sausage, 1 small cucumber sushi, a bite of the crab stick sushi (spat it out into a napkin - Safe to say I do not like crab sticks any more!!) then went on to a duck, cucumber and spring onion roll, small veg spring roll, slice of naan bread, then went back for more naan (it was fresh and delicious, but still only ended up eating 2 slices in total) and some rogan josh sauce. And then half a scoop of mint ice cream, half a scoop of strawberry ice cream and a small block of mixed fruit jelly. All of this in an hour and a half, spread about 15/20 mins apart. I also went against the no eating and drinking rule.. Very rare I do that..

I just hope I don't feel too crappy tomorrow. But I've had to guilty feelings as I took it very steady. I'll be going to the gym too, and don't want to be ill!

On the note of the seat I paid for.. My cousin said she was taking hers with her so she got the value of what she paid for.. She said she would be able to fit my seat in the car boot too! Could you imagine us carrying them out?? LOL!

I totally want to go somewhere quiet for my birthday, and here they do lighter meals! I don't even mind it being the local food chain pubs as they let me order kids meals! Aha certainly do not understand why people want to gorge themselves the way they do. I've hardly eating anything in comparison and feel horribly bloated and now I've got to lay on my stomach to go to sleep!! Eek! Xxxxx

:) glad you had a good time hun..... its a common reaction now (I think) at paying out for not having what we feel is value for money..... but if i'm honest everywhere you eat out these days gives far too much as a portion, we know that now eh :) wouldn't it be more sensible to serve smaller portions and charge less ?? we (as a nation) have such a distorted view ......no wonder we have the obesity problems ??? maybe it should be a subject taught in schools ??

LOL at taking your chair home lol that's the first time I've ever heard of 'paying for the seat' but I guess it makes sense in an 'all you can eat' swings and roundabouts .......... we (who eat less) are making up for those who choose to eat more!! so it averages out eventually.....

Make sure you go somewhere more suited to you for your special day x x x x x x x hope your feeling great today x x x

I went to Yorkshire wildlife park in Wednesday.. Walked around for over 2 hours.. Took picnic food, which resulted in me eating way too many carbs and now I'm so horribly constipated!! It's my TOM too and I always seem to 'go' more often but I just can't manage it atm so my tummy ache as well as period pains are so uncomfortable! Off to a gym class this morning, hoping it will loosen me up.. Urgh!!

It did help.. But not majorly.. And I feel exhausted from trying so hard! Bubble bath later and an early night.. Could do with a full weekend of rest but I have my volunteering at the library tomorrow than my friend coming to stay the night so I doubt much resting happening! I don't mind that though lol xx

LOL ;) enjoy your weekend....plenty of movement lol x x x

Well that's what I'm hoping ;) he's spending a lot more time at mine lately so it can only be good with all the extra exercise :D xxx

Sooooooooooo! I've finally sat down and worked out the weight I've gained..

8.4kg
18.5lb
1s 4.5lb

I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to tackle it yet. I know I need to reduce calories, and get back to eating my protein.. I just need to get back into it one day at a time and figure out where to start first. But hey ho, I've finally sat down and worked it out.
I just wanted to log in and out this so I could think about it more and get on with going about losing it again.. X

Back