• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

This is a great place to start hunni...... working it out rather than pushing it away.... back to basics ...... I was gaining too but I've turned it around...got my head back in the game and have lost half a stone already :) I just went back to being accountable, logging, weighing etc....making sure I was moving enough and tahhhhhh dahhhhhhhh its working...........so wishing you all the best x x x x x x x

Posting some Before Vs Now photos..
From January (few days befor my op) to now and from July to now...
The thing is, I have lost 4lb since July and then I put 1lb if that back on.. But the pictures do all the talking and I am SO chuffed with them. Really wasn't expecting a difference between July and now, at all!

Amazing!

Well done for facing it head on.

This journey is a tough one. I agree with Kirsty. Take one day or hour at a time.

Ive found using an app to track my calories helps me.

Good luck! We will beat this addiction xxxx

Hey guys. Hope all is well.

So, really enjoying my course! Did a full set of silk wrap nail extensions on my sister last week as 'homework' will upload a picture. Food wise, I've been on and off, but not kicking myself about it as good days are outweighing the bad.

Also, went for my theory test today.. Was upbeat and positive about it... No nerves, no, no worries.. FAILED by 2 points on my multiple choice!! 41 out of 50, need 43.. Flew through my hazard perception part - 63 out of 75. Pass rate is 44 out of 75.. So, I have to wait till Friday to book back in to retake it! Glad the price has gone down though!!

It was my first full set on someone other than myself.. And the last time I did it on my self was many years ago! X

Attachments

• image-3947144662.jpg
    image-3947144662.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 55
Wow they look great Hun you definately have a talent I'm so glad your enjoying the course. Seems this wls has been about so much more than just weight for everyone! Proud of you for going out there and getting what you want!
Good luck with the food this week! X

Thanks guys. Well I think I'm having an allergic reaction to the chemicals once I file the nails to smooth/shape etc.. My hands have been so itchy, painful and red raw on and off for 2 weeks but I've been to the docs and gotten some steroid cream for them so hopefully they will settle down now!!

Just wanted to share one of the main culprits of my weight gain when I was younger.....

Loved this dish and it's so fattening!

Attachments

• image-808501762.jpg
    image-808501762.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 38
I found a healthier version(less cheese) lol from John Whaites off British Bake Off.. I use milk instead of cream and 40/50g of cheese.. It's lovely

Attachments

• image-1272638440.jpg
    image-1272638440.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 32
I have it with salad and bake a tortilla so it's crispy and hard so easier to dip into it.. Xx

Attachments

• image-2366276133.jpg
    image-2366276133.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 33
What is this dish looks yummy? Xx

The original was literally a plate of cheese with eggs in the middle and a little milk poured over then baked till the eggs was cooked through.. The new less fattening is pretty much the same just a lot less cheese.. I've posted the ingredients and method above x

With the allergy could you wear gloves, I know some people will struggle with gloves but it might be worth a try. A nice pair of Cotten ones or try a barrier cream might help.

With the allergy could you wear gloves, I know some people will struggle with gloves but it might be worth a try. A nice pair of Cotten ones or try a barrier cream might help.

I'm going to try some latex type gloves this week I think, then look for some thin cotton ones... I'm hoping it's just a reaction to the silk/fibreglass nail application. The resin has to be set with an activator so it could hopefully just be that as I regularly have my nails done with acrylic powder/liquids and have never had a problem with the fallout dust from filing them (my cousin does them for my but I tend to shape and buff them - I have issues with someone else shaping my nails lol)

So hopefully after my test papers and practical assessment on Monday, I won't need to use the silk/resin/activators again! - it's one of the most tedious, time consuming methods to nail applications!! Xx

So! I had my 2 year post op check up/discharge appointment this morning!

Saw the nurse for the first time since my 6 week post op appointment and after me telling her how I was and all about the bad advice from the dietitian she told me that I should be taking my vits everyday - dietitian told me I didn't need to ask I have a good varied diet with fruit and veg. And that she will be surprised if my bloods come back and I'm not deficient in anything...

I'll still be seeing the psychologist for now, but other than that I am discharged from them. She made a point to say that I can still call and get in touch if I have any questions or anything which I'm glad of and I don't feel like I'm being abandoned by them..

2 years post op tomorrow!! Had my photo taken this morning and when my mum sends them to me I will post them. I didn't write down my weight this morning but from when I got weighed at the beginning of January I have lost 2/3lbs. I'll call up tomorrow and ask for my weight so I can tell you how much when I post the photos.

I hope you are all well xxx

Just had a call off the nurse and all my blood results are already back and they're are all in the range of being perfect which is great!

I forgot to mention that for multi vits she suggested Wilkinsons own brand a-z as they are the best they know of up to now xx

Hey guys! I hope you are all well! Not much new since I was last here.. I broke my phone back in February and I've finally had it fixed so I'm back! Well, let's start with my nail tech course... 3 weeks left, passed silk/fibreglass, passed hard gel, currently on acrylic system! No more reactions on my hands, so was definitely down to the silk/resin/activator. It's been rather stressful as been told things were done right, then told it was all wrong. Had to re do a few things even though it was all passable. Also i will not be asking my cousin to ever do anything with me again! She has shown her true colours these few months. I lived with her at one point, I thought I knew what she could be like but she ha shown me I didn't know as much as I thought. She has got me to the point where I don't even want to bake her cup cakes for her wedding in september, nor do I even want to attend her wedding. And we grew up like sisters, so that says a lot from me for what her actions have made me feel like. But that's the end of that. 3 more weeks and it's over with! Weight related talk now...!

Well, I went back to my GP/nurse and again, said that the weight gain was linked with having the dosage of the pill reduced as that's when it's all started. My nurse agreed to up it again for me, to see how I got on. Well, I went for my b12 3/4 weeks later and the nurse was reading the email from the hospital (from my last post op appointment) and she asked me if I wanted her to weigh me, to see how I was getting on.. I LOST just under 8lb from the 5th of February (hospital appointment) to the 8th of March! After nothing but gains! Was SO chuffed! So, I think my theory about the pill and me was right.. It can't be just a coincidence that since I had it put back to 2 pills a day, the weight has dropped. As my eating hasn't altered much other then fresh home cooked food more often.. Haven't even been a regular attendee at the gym or swimming since before Christmas as I've been so busy with the course/homework/practicing. So there's nothing else I can see it being down to.. Haven't been weighed since but I will be getting weighed again soon as I want to know if I've lost any more, or even gained some back.. We will see! That's all I really have to post! Xxxx

Back