• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

Yes it is and the more I read the more I know it's possible..I just want too live long so I can see my daughter graduate and just life changing moments I want to experience that with her. So I said get busy and start living or keep wasting away on the bed with that bag of Doritos and Pepsi

Bless you Hun, I'm sure you will do all the things you want to do! Wls is one of the best decisions you could make! Xx

I have bought my first pair of size 16 trousers!! Haven't been in a 16 since I was a teenager!! I did a little dance in the changing rooms at Asda! Hahah xx

Also yesterday I managed to climb onto my kitchen side in one fluid attempt!! Used to take loads of 'small bouncy' attempts or the help of standing in a chair first but got on it first try!! That felt good too! Xx

Couldn't believe it tbh.. I picked both a 16 and 18 up and thought I'd give the size 16 a go.. So pleased! So I put the 18 back!

I also called my gym up yesterday to double check the date I can use my membership (I froze it the day before my op and paid £5 instead of £29 and not use it!) I though it was the 11th, so Sunday.. But happily I was told the 9th, so I can use it on Friday! I'm going to go but only use the treadmill, bike and hand bike nothing that will affect my stomach area for a few weeks. Looking forward to it!

Couldn't believe it tbh.. I picked both a 16 and 18 up and thought I'd give the size 16 a go.. So pleased! So I put the 18 back!

I also called my gym up yesterday to double check the date I can use my membership (I froze it the day before my op and paid £5 instead of £29 and not use it!) I though it was the 11th, so Sunday.. But happily I was told the 9th, so I can use it on Friday! I'm going to go but only use the treadmill, bike and hand bike nothing that will affect my stomach area for a few weeks. Looking forward to it!

Wow! That's amazing keep up the good work. Your journey is keeping me motivated....So thank you

Thank you Marie!

Have booked a caravan holiday in Skeggness with my 2 sisters, sisters friend (practically our sister) my nephew and sister friends daughter. Going on the first of August and wondering if I could be in a size 14 by then... Won't have any clothes though! Lol but I'll be able to go to primark now! Xx

WOOOOOO!! Size 16 go you hun!!! Thats brilliant!! and yay to the Gym as well! I really really need to hunt one down and get going to one, walking is all well and good but its not toning me. My sis has one of those eliptical trainer things, I might have to go to her house and use it a bit, walk the dog down, have half an hour on that and then walk the dog back. Sound like a plan?? xxx :)

WOOOOOO!! Size 16 go you hun!!! Thats brilliant!! and yay to the Gym as well! I really really need to hunt one down and get going to one, walking is all well and good but its not toning me. My sis has one of those eliptical trainer things, I might have to go to her house and use it a bit, walk the dog down, have half an hour on that and then walk the dog back. Sound like a plan?? xxx :)

Sounds like a fab plan Tina! Every little helps! Deffo search around for a gym and see if they do a free day pass so you can try before you sign up or anything like that.. I was lucky that if already used ponds forge before and liked swimming there anyway so was glad I chose that when I was signed up as a gp referral, plus I made lots of friends the cheer me on and make it worth going! Xxx

there's a leisure centre near me that does discounts if you are a carer and stuff so I might just have to bite the bullet and go!! :) xxx

i think you very brave.... i got a cross trainer elliptical one in my conservatory... just a cheap one from tescos.... £50 then i got a £10 discount for first time purchase from tesco extra..... its perfect for me..... the only trouble is there is a weight limit on it (15 stone i think) so had to wait to get down that far before i could get one..... the more heavy duty ones are pricey..... i first had a second-hand air walker ... that was brilliant....... gym..... if only i was brave enough :( plus its miles to the nearest one LOL even swimming is £6 a go !!!

i think you very brave.... i got a cross trainer elliptical one in my conservatory... just a cheap one from tescos.... £50 then i got a £10 discount for first time purchase from tesco extra..... its perfect for me..... the only trouble is there is a weight limit on it (15 stone i think) so had to wait to get down that far before i could get one..... the more heavy duty ones are pricey..... i first had a second-hand air walker ... that was brilliant....... gym..... if only i was brave enough :( plus its miles to the nearest one LOL even swimming is £6 a go !!!

It's so expensive to go pay as you go! I pay £29 (get a £5 discount as I'm ex gp referral) so if I go the class/gym twice a week then swimming once or twice that it's paid for itself then. But my dad pays half of the membership for me as because I'm currently on benefits I struggle for money.. And I wouldn't say I'm brave as such.. I've been going since feb 2013 at my biggest so now I'm smaller it's not as daunting to me xx

there's a leisure centre near me that does discounts if you are a carer and stuff so I might just have to bite the bullet and go!! :) xxx

Definitely give it a trial run! Plus it gets you out a little more which is what I benefit from the most I think as if I didn't have the gym to go to I'd be home constantly and I'm no good being alone too much! Xx

Must remember to put my membership on hold, feel too ill right now to go and im paying a £28 donation since im not currently using it

Well i think very very brave hunni... but thats coming from me who struggles to go outside the front door alone..... of course money always an issue too ....so for me its walking the dog or the cross trainer and when its cold in conservatory (always at mo) its the wii step with headphones on in front of telly :) but in my head would love to go gym lol one day :)

Keep it up girls x x x x

Claire are you with SIV? If you can pay using your card over the phone just give them a call and they just require the £5 payment when you freeze it and if still not well in 4 weeks time, call them back up again and doe the same. The DD is then automatically put on hold for you.

crystal you will do it one day, I'm sure! At least you're doing some sort or exercise which is good! I've done nothing for 4 weeks and I struggle to get up 3 steps to my flat now! Can't wait to feel fitter again! Roll on tomorrow! I don't go early, Friday's is 11am as usually do a class then coffee with the group, Tuesday depends if I'm going to class or swimming.. Class is 10:30 to 11:15 - a mix of Zumba. Aerobics and kick boxing.. And Wednesday is 10:15-11 I think.. I can't really remember lol then swimming again Thursday I think! X

I don't think I reported on my official weigh in day.. According to the usual scales I use.. I have put on approximately 2.5lb (can't the the little 'receipt') that's not too bad as will start coming off now I'm back exercising.. Though I am constipated again, so could be down to that..

I have to go to monthly meetings with a4e for the Jobcentre as part of my ESA agreeing rules and when I last went in November I was asked to start thinking of an alternative career as I feel I will struggle being a carer now, with how bad my back can get etc.. And I went to my appointment yesterday and told her I think admin may be my best bet.. I struggle with face to face as my depression likes to make me feel like everyone hates me and they're judging me etc.. I told them I'm thinking now 'am I ready to work now..' As before it was 'no, I'm not ready yet..' So that is progress.. My adviser sent me a link to a job that she thinks I'd like but the problem is, it's full time and I don't want to be thrown into the deep end and not have enough time to keep myself calm and not spiral and have a minor breakdown again... I want to apply because this is the next big step for me, but I'm still so terrified that I'm not ready for such a big thing and a huge commitment.. I don't want to start working, then not even last a month there because I can't cope... Xx

Back