• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

Does anyone have a problem with cereals? I'm fine with them normally and vary from coco pops, cornflakes, bran, weetabix, porridge, shredded wheatc granola, etc.. And while at mums I've been having frosties then yesterday they made me dump slightly - gave me the runs but only needed to go twice.. And then this morning I've had bran flakes and again, first toilet trip very loose and second is the horrible dumping bowel movement, painful, quick, comes on all of a sudden etc... Why is this happening?? Is it cause of the gall bladder removal? As I normally only dump on cadburys hot chocolate... Luckily it's not really bad but it's just strange. Xx

Hi hunny, glad to hear you're on the mend!

I've read a lot about cereals and that they should generally be avoided post op as they don't offer much of what we need. Unless they are Cheerios? Basically need to always go for protein dense foods first then veg then carbs. Maybe eggs for breakfast?

XXXX

Hi hunny, glad to hear you're on the mend! I've read a lot about cereals and that they should generally be avoided post op as they don't offer much of what we need. Unless they are Cheerios? Basically need to always go for protein dense foods first then veg then carbs. Maybe eggs for breakfast? XXXX

I do have eggs sometimes but while at mums I've just been having cereal.. I have porridge a lot at home and add marvel or protein powder to it so I'm full for longer and going to the gym etc I eat better when I'm not in a rush out or anything. Bit crap while I'm not allowed to do things myself.. Xxx

I use ready brek and add marvel to it for breakfast or if I fancy a change I bought the Kellogg's variety pack so I have a change once in a while

Had a small poached egg and half a slice of granary toast this morning and I didn't dump! Wondering if it's the milk with cereal? As I know a few people have problems after surgery with milk... Xx

Had a small poached egg and half a slice of granary toast this morning and I didn't dump! Wondering if it's the milk with cereal? As I know a few people have problems after surgery with milk... Xx

Try lacto free milk and you will know :) or maybe the cereal too sugary? Not sure which cereal you eat ;)

Mmmm my mouth is watering thinking about a poached egg and a toast :) ;) but still have 20min to wait until i can eat (just finished my drink). ;)

Try lacto free milk and you will know :) or maybe the cereal too sugary? Not sure which cereal you eat ;) Mmmm my mouth is watering thinking about a poached egg and a toast :) ;) but still have 20min to wait until i can eat (just finished my drink). ;)

It's happened with frosties, porridge, bran flakes and shredded wheat. No sugar except the frosties obviously..

I LOVE poached eggs! My friend sells double yolk eggs at markets most of the year and they're amazing poached! Winter is crap without them lol xx

I have no problem with milk, but I often dump from cereal with milk as well. I wonder if my body is thinking I am eating and drinking at the same time.

I have no problem with milk, but I often dump from cereal with milk as well. I wonder if my body is thinking I am eating and drinking at the same time.

I've never had a problem with milk.. It's the first time it's happened but has happened a few days in a row.. I only dump on cadburys hot chocolate even though I made it up with water... I've drank and eaten a few times recently what with being in the hospital and them bringing breakfast 10mi s after bringing a cuppa and I'm fine like that.. Hopefully it's nothing and just my body being a pain since I've had my gallbladder out x

I've never had a problem with milk.. It's the first time it's happened but has happened a few days in a row.. I only dump on cadburys hot chocolate even though I made it up with water... I've drank and eaten a few times recently what with being in the hospital and them bringing breakfast 10mi s after bringing a cuppa and I'm fine like that.. Hopefully it's nothing and just my body being a pain since I've had my gallbladder out x
maybe try LactoFree milk or yoghurt with your serial to see if you have the same reaction... Just for an experiment. X

maybe try LactoFree milk or yoghurt with your serial to see if you have the same reaction... Just for an experiment. X

I think I may have to... Will get some when I go shopping in the next few days x

Does anyone have a problem with cereals? I'm fine with them normally and vary from coco pops, cornflakes, bran, weetabix, porridge, shredded wheatc granola, etc.. And while at mums I've been having frosties then yesterday they made me dump slightly - gave me the runs but only needed to go twice.. And then this morning I've had bran flakes and again, first toilet trip very loose and second is the horrible dumping bowel movement, painful, quick, comes on all of a sudden etc... Why is this happening?? Is it cause of the gall bladder removal? As I normally only dump on cadburys hot chocolate... Luckily it's not really bad but it's just strange. Xx

I had my gall bladder out as a teenager, and what you're describing is what I've been living with since then! Salad is my worst offender - I no longer eat it, because it is a guaranteed run to the toilet for a big, loose and extremely stinky release.

You'll find out which foods are your triggers, and they may change with time. I found going vegetarian (obviously not with salads!) stopped most of my reactions.

I had my gall bladder out as a teenager, and what you're describing is what I've been living with since then! Salad is my worst offender - I no longer eat it, because it is a guaranteed run to the toilet for a big, loose and extremely stinky release. You'll find out which foods are your triggers, and they may change with time. I found going vegetarian (obviously not with salads!) stopped most of my reactions.

My mums trigger is tomatoes.. They also set off her pain before she had her gallbladder removed.. The thing is I don't have a 'big' or 'smelly' BM.. I just get tummy ache and a little bit comes out its nothing major.. That's why I'm unsure what it is.. It's a deep orange colour and makes me a bit sore once I've finished but it's not a lot that passes... Hard to explain with out sounding vile lol x

It's happened with frosties, porridge, bran flakes and shredded wheat. No sugar except the frosties obviously..

I LOVE poached eggs! My friend sells double yolk eggs at markets most of the year and they're amazing poached! Winter is crap without them lol xx

Double yolk eggs?!???!!! Creepy but so nice at the same time as i love yolk!!!!!!!!! :) :) really jealous!! Might have a poached egg for breakfast tomorrow ;) :) :) :)

So must be the milk then. Really try lacto free milk. It does taste the same as normal milk :)

Double yolk eggs?!???!!! Creepy but so nice at the same time as i love yolk!!!!!!!!! :) :) really jealous!! Might have a poached egg for breakfast tomorrow ;) :) :) :) So must be the milk then. Really try lacto free milk. It does taste the same as normal milk :)

Yup! They're fantastic and so tasty! I will get some when I go shopping over the weekend and try it :) thank you xx

Double yolk eggs?!???!!! Creepy but so nice at the same time as i love yolk!!!!!!!!! :) :) really jealous!! Might have a poached egg for breakfast tomorrow ;) :) :) :) So must be the milk then. Really try lacto free milk. It does taste the same as normal milk :)
I wish I could make poached eggs, but I keep breaking the egg... Feeling a breakfast out coming on before the New Year ... Mmmmmh!

My mums trigger is tomatoes.. They also set off her pain before she had her gallbladder removed.. The thing is I don't have a 'big' or 'smelly' BM.. I just get tummy ache and a little bit comes out its nothing major.. That's why I'm unsure what it is.. It's a deep orange colour and makes me a bit sore once I've finished but it's not a lot that passes... Hard to explain with out sounding vile lol x

It will take some time for your body to learn to process things without the help of the gall bladder, so that may be what you're experiencing. Especially with the orange colour - that sounds like it could be bile being processed.

I mentioned my reactions to things to Professor Ammori when I met him before my op, and he said it is normal and has to do with the dumping of the bile right into the digestive tract since there's no gall bladder. Everyone reacts differently, he said, and things sometimes change as time goes on.

Most important thing is you're out of the agony of the gall bladder attacks! Anything else you'll be able to cope with, and it sounds like you're doing well with that!

I wish I could make poached eggs, but I keep breaking the egg... Feeling a breakfast out coming on before the New Year ... Mmmmmh!

Have you tried braking them into a small shallow bowl before putting them into the water? I find that helps loads!! I have long nails so I find if I crack the egg straight into the water the yolk breaks but if I do it into a small bowl (like a ramekin) first then slowly tip it into the water then it doesn't break x

It will take some time for your body to learn to process things without the help of the gall bladder, so that may be what you're experiencing. Especially with the orange colour - that sounds like it could be bile being processed. I mentioned my reactions to things to Professor Ammori when I met him before my op, and he said it is normal and has to do with the dumping of the bile right into the digestive tract since there's no gall bladder. Everyone reacts differently, he said, and things sometimes change as time goes on. Most important thing is you're out of the agony of the gall bladder attacks! Anything else you'll be able to cope with, and it sounds like you're doing well with that!

That's what I was thinking.. Maybe it's just cause my body is adjusting a little... I hope it's just that as I love green top milk :( have a glass every few days or so always have done. I had a strange ache last night where the gallbladder pain used to be.. Nothing pain fil just felt really odd and tight.. Mum said she still as a funny niggle every so often but it could just been my body healing... Lol x

Have you tried braking them into a small shallow bowl before putting them into the water? I find that helps loads!! I have long nails so I find if I crack the egg straight into the water the yolk breaks but if I do it into a small bowl (like a ramekin) first then slowly tip it into the water then it doesn't break x
i'm not sure, I think it doesn't help that I am visually impaired and really struggling to break eggs properly. Thanks for the suggestion though. X

Back