• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having surgery at Sunderland Royal Hospital

borogirl

Hi all. I know it's a long journey at Sunderland. Mine was 2 years and I am a month post op tomorrow. But the service and staff were so lovely and put you at ease once you finally get there. I found hounding the secretaries helped but my appointments were always 6 months apart. Don't expect anything earlier.
Best of luck x

Heah

Decided to update on the highs and lows of the milk diet.. started saturday and now on day 6, i dont feel hungry at all, am in a routine with soup,jelly and yoghurt,ive been working nightshift and day 4 i was in an absolutely vile mood, day 5 ok, and then tonight there ive received a few msgs from friends at work who wont see me until after op and fully recovered and back to work. I have broke my heart at the kindness, so seems like this may be a weepy day, god help the girls im on with tonight. Looking forward to getting sorted at the weekend then in on easter monday for op on tuesday. Im confident it will go well, just got to use it well to get the best results. Xx

Edd

Hi heah bet u can't believe its finally here. Im in shock at mo got a phone call yesterday saying can i come in on 7april for opp theres been a cancellation go in thurs for pre op so im on milk diet i just hope i lose good bit. Stil think it won't happen tho lol. Good luck for monday.
Edwina.xx

caraline

Good luck leah, I rang up again yesterday. and they said they will give me a ring in 2 or 3 weeks. so at least I no now it wont be much longer. I could of been done if I could go in on a weekend. But all the best and I hope you have a speedy recovery x

Heah

Edd thats fantastic news........ good luck love xxxx

Caraline, bite the bullet and ring at the end of the week...... you never know xxxx

Borogirl, how's life been post bypass? Hope your feeling well and seeing results. Xx

Edd

Edd thats fantastic news........ good luck love xxxx

Caraline, bite the bullet and ring at the end of the week...... you never know xxxx

Borogirl, how's life been post bypass? Hope your feeling well and seeing results. Xx

Thanx heah, really nervous hope i pass pre op on thursday milk diet going fine then opp on sunday. Can't wait feel like its being long time coming.
Edwinaxx

borogirl

Hi all. I know it's a long journey at Sunderland. Mine was 2 years and I am a month post op tomorrow. But the service and staff were so lovely and put you at ease once you finally get there. I found hounding the secretaries helped but my appointments were always 6 months apart. Don't expect anything earlier.
Best of luck x

Hi it's going well thanks. Weight loss tad slower than I expected but I have still lost 1 stone 7 since day of op, 22 Feb.
not hungry, feel fine but surprised at how tired and cold I get.
No regrets. X

Heah

Further update...... well i had my bypass and gallbladder removed on Tuesday 2nd April, currently at home in bed watching a movie.... in a lot of abdo pain and taking tramadol and paracetamol... naively I hadn't considered being in this much discomfort..... heaven knows why I hadn't... Ive suffered with a very dry mouth, had a touch of post op urine retention, and never slept a wink in hospital.... so all in all im still a bit of a wreck.

Looking forward to getting over this weekend and starting a healthier slimmer future. Xxx

chrisa

It will happen Helen. Have just realised you are helen Heap are you not? Spoke to you previously. The gall bladder op is painful ontop of what you already have done as well. The lady in the next bed to me had bith done and he said she would be in quite bit of pain because her gall bladder was huge and he had to pull it out of that tiny hole just under ya boobs in the center. He said hers was so big and too force it out through that little hole was difficult and it obviously is a big strain on tha body, no wonder you are in pain. My sister thought it would be a doddle after seeing how well I was after my bypass, and was shocked thta it took her a lot longer than it took me and yet the bypass is a bigger op than the gall bladder, but everyone s unique and all bodies are different and experience different things xx

Edd

Further update...... well i had my bypass and gallbladder removed on Tuesday 2nd April, currently at home in bed watching a movie.... in a lot of abdo pain and taking tramadol and paracetamol... naively I hadn't considered being in this much discomfort..... heaven knows why I hadn't... Ive suffered with a very dry mouth, had a touch of post op urine retention, and never slept a wink in hospital.... so all in all im still a bit of a wreck.

Looking forward to getting over this weekend and starting a healthier slimmer future. Xxx

Hi helen hope your doing ok, i going in hosp today then opp tomorrow so im really nervous. Had me gallbladder out 15yrs ago so no wot u going thrw so sending my love.
Edwinaxx

Heah

Yes Christine its me..... the whingeing one, lol... x

Edd good luck for tomorrow love, let me know how you get on, there's a couple of girls from the forum in there at the moment, so I hope you meet up with them. Xx

Sending you loads of love..... see you on the loosers bench. Xxx

Edd

Yes Christine its me..... the whingeing one, lol... x

Edd good luck for tomorrow love, let me know how you get on, there's a couple of girls from the forum in there at the moment, so I hope you meet up with them. Xx

Sending you loads of love..... see you on the loosers bench. Xxx

Well surgey went fine just feel sore and tired only on one litre of water today then food tomz.
God this hard but hopefully worth it.
Edwinax