• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Helllooooo

LisaMay

Hi everyone, my name is Lisa and im hoping to have a gastric bypass. I joined this site originally in April after first discussing with my doctor the possibility of bariatric surgery. It seems to have taken forever to get to this point but now things are moving! I've had 2 appointments now at the Derby Royal Infirmary my last just a few days ago. I feel really motivated and excited that the ball finally seems to be rolling after many phone calls and pesterings on my part!! My next appointment should be in 3 months at which point provided i've lost more weight and funding is approved I should be on the waiting list for surgery!! I'd love to hear how others have got on with surgery especially those who have had it at derby. Any info or just some inspiration would be great :) xxx

Hi and welcome.

There are quite a few Derby-ites on here.

A friend of mine went on the list at the end of January and was due to be 'done' middle of November (but changed her mind) so that may give an idea on waiting times. (My journey wasn't 'normal' so can't use that for timescale.

Mr A operated on me and he is lovely (but not as 'lovely' as the anaesthetist at the Nuffield :) )

In fact all the staff are fantastic. I hd my op in February and am over the moon with it.

Hi I am 4 weeks post op didn't have mine at Derby but wanted to say hello :)

hi welcome and good luck with your journey

Back