• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, fellow June 2013 sleevers

glad your home and doing ok now well done on the weight loss.
Im 11 days post op and feeling fab, lost 2 stone now since the pre op and post op i cant see where its come off but im liking the scales there my friend now

Our BEST friends!

It's nice to not dread weighing in, isn't it?

Jozafina, will give the mint tea a try! thank you x
I try and move around but have no energy lol help need energy...... today I feel a little better as I have found this forum and can talk to people that are going thru the same it makes you feel your not alone :) thanks guys cheered me up this afternoon.
Kaz
xx

For some reason, I've been lucky and spared the trapped wind pain.

Apparently mint tea helps with it - might be worth a try, wolfeyes? Hope you feel better soon x

I'm doing OK with fluids; have always been a big water drinker so am finding it ok, as long as I remember to SIP! I had a big gulp in the night and woke myself right up. I think I'm on c. 1.5L a day but haven't been given specific guidelines.

Ah think I will try the mint tea :)
yeah getting use to sipping instead of gulping, I also worry in case I choke and have to cough!! worried about splitting my stomach open!
Kaz
x

For some reason, I've been lucky and spared the trapped wind pain.

Apparently mint tea helps with it - might be worth a try, wolfeyes? Hope you feel better soon x

I'm doing OK with fluids; have always been a big water drinker so am finding it ok, as long as I remember to SIP! I had a big gulp in the night and woke myself right up. I think I'm on c. 1.5L a day but haven't been given specific guidelines.

Are you finding you are waking up in the night with a dry mouth?

Are you finding you are waking up in the night with a dry mouth?

Yes, but I think that's due to sleeping on my back, propped up, obviously catching flies! I think it will stop once I'm asleep on my side again.

I think I'm doing ok,I start the day with a protien shake & multivitamins in 200ml of nas squash,further drinks of 200ml which is usually tea, squash,fruit juice,coffee,1/2 slimfast shake,1/2 tin ww soup,usually have ice cream low fat or have tried a sf jelly,but not impressed.no trouble getting it down or with it staying down,but I do have another two weeks of this

Hie Jozefina
The drive from Manchester to Edinburgh was over three hours long, I felt every bump along the way. The thought of finally being at home kept me going, lol. But I'm happy with Prof Ammori's work.
The sipping is taking some getting used to, there doesn't seem to be enough time in a day to get the fluids in. Will try to sip more, lol.
x

No trapped wind at all, TG.

(No ShrekWee (c) either - MR said he didn't use the dye on me ;))

Yours, Windless of West London

This is unfair - how can the person who copyrighted ShrekWee get away without experiencing it? If I had known I would have phoned MR and asked him to let you have the experience of it.

I'm really sorry to hear how bad you were sick - I must have been really lucky. I was given anti-sickness medicine all the time I was in there but I was up and about within an hour or so of getting back to my room and drinking a cup of coffee and requesting smooth yoghurts the following day. The only time I felt a bit sick was when I came round after the op.

The trapped wind caught up with me on Weds morning (Op was on Monday) and I think I've now finally got rid of it. I got a few strange looks from people who came into my room on Weds morning to see me holding onto the end of the bed groaning :( maybe they thought I was trying to give birth. When I got home I tried various suggestions from people, like hot water, mint tea, various anti-wind tablets but nothing worked so I just put up with it and over time it got easier.

I think I may have been a bit naughty and went to sleep laying on my side the first night, there was no way in the world I can ever sleep on my back.

Like you Jozefina I only had 4 incisions and no drain - maybe as you can't be a member of the ShrekWee Club we could start a new one - the 4 holers :D

Hope your pain level stays undercontrol, I took one dose of paracetamol when I got in and haven't had the need for them since.

I decided to jump on the scales to see what was happening this morning and since the start of my liver shrinkage diet I have already lost 10.4 kgs :) you're right no need to fear the scales anymore.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better today.

AE.

i have 6 incisions it not fair :-(
woohoo on the weight loss wow 1 stone 6 in a few weeks is fab

well hope everyone is doing ok, im off in a min to get my clips out not looking forward to it

well hope everyone is doing ok, im off in a min to get my clips out not looking forward to it

Hopefully it wont hurt, was surprised that I didn't have any just steri-strips. Anyway, once there gone then that's it, all you have to concentrate on is the future and a new slimmer life.

All the best for this afternoon.

AE.

well its all done now, thank god
it didn't hurt at all untill the nurse got my skin and push and pull one of the clips, i had 45 clips in total, my surgeon liked to use clip to hold everything together.
hows everyones weight loss doing i have done really well i think i've losted just over 1 stone in 12 days so thats 2 stone in less than 4 weeks 2 weeks pre op aswell.
emma xx

Well done Emma, your weight loss is impressive. Glad this morning went well.

Kai x

Hi everyone, I have just found out today that my op date is next Tuesday (25th June 2013) I'm having it done at kings collage hospital in London, My surgeon is Mr Patel. Is there anyone having theirs on the same day? or maybe at the same Hospital?
wishing you all luck and Hope you get the results your after. xx

I'm having mine done on June 25th also but in Leeds.

good luck for your forcoming surgerys

Hi all
5 days post op and last night OMG had a real bad pain in my left side under breast (rib cage) I was burping a lot but was getting slightly worried, so usual walking around and moving hoping it was trapped wind and nothing real serious! anyway my panic of sneezing after surgery was on my mind and what happens I sneeze twice get a sharp pain in side more intence and guess what after that no pain....... guess it was trapped wind! lol oh did I panic tho
Feeling better each day and getting a bit more fluids into me and not feeling as exhausted as I did

Hope all ok with you guys and good luck to those who have their surgery coming up!

Kaz
x

ooh can I be in the shrekwee club please?? :D
however I have 5 holes and tonight I have been told to take dressings off :eek: worried incase I leak lol and I dont think I have clips well I sure I havent lol

Kaz
xx

glad your feeling ok kaz, yep i had wind pains too not too bad but defo there all gone now,
im 2 weeks post op and getting stronger every day back at work next week not looking forward to it but im just going to take it easy im in for half aday tomo to see if i can manage, gutted just been doctors as i have a infection in a wound site in my tummy where i give the daily injections in its all hot red and angry, so antibioctics for me lucky me its in liquid form and taste horrid no wonder my kids hate taking it when there ill

Kaz
ooh can I be in the shrekwee club please?? :D
however I have 5 holes and tonight I have been told to take dressings off :eek: worried incase I leak lol and I dont think I have clips well I sure I havent lol

Kaz
xx

A very warm welcome to the ShrekWee club - new members are always welcome to our very unique club. :clap: And you're boasting with 5 holes are you trying to make us 4 holers feel inadequate :)

With regards to your dressings I removed mine about the same time as you and surprise surprise there was no hissing of trapped air and no leakage it should all be OK, I just had steristrips under mine and just gently eased them away before cleaning the area with an antiseptic wipe and everything looks good. It's a nice relief to be rid of them.

AE.

Back